Murrican foods

I'm going to an international potluck, what foods should I try to represent America with?

I don't have an oven, just a gas range. I'm in Japan, a lot of ingredients are available, some are not.

I'm leaning towards stuff that's portionable, not individual items like hot dogs since I don't know how many will be there. Thus far I've thought of chili, jambalaya, potato salad. But I'm open to anything that could pass as American.

Can Veeky Forums try throwing out random ideas for potluck American food?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hjT7OlYB5C8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a pair of nukes

I studied in France and invited over a handful of international students (including a couple Japanese) one night for (American) breakfast for dinner, and it went over pretty well.

Biscuits and gravy. Just have a thing of gravy and then fresh baked biscuits on the side.

>I don't have an oven

Sorry, as pointed out, I don't ahve an oven. Which is too bad, since I won't be able to show them some of my favorite American foods liked baked potato, roast beef, chicken, or pies. Oh god, pies.

fried, stew/soup, and side dishes come to mind

Boston baked beans. Gumbo. Jambalaya.

>OP arrives to his Japanese party with a big Tupperware full of gumbo
>everyone is disappointed as they expected BBQ and Mountain Dew

Weeb tears (just cry into a bucket)

you can make pot roast, brisket, or braised ribs as substitute for bbq

you could also pick any of a variety of stews, such as chicken with dumplings or seafood gumbo

you can also make pan-sauce pasta of some sort, even mac and cheese

southern style fried chicken

Deep-fried butter of course

Pigs in a blanket

When I was living in China I made my own hotwings and sauce for my students and they went crazy over it

>all these pleb answers

Burgers.

>i didnt read ops post

North America consists of Canada, The United States and Mexico.

I'm assuming you mean the United States, correct?

grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup

I don't know if you could call it American, but what about Chili Con Carne?

They're asians so they're used to strong food, you could make it spicy.

>gumbo, being in japan you probably have access to great seafood.
>potato salad
>deviled eggs
>corn bread with chili or something
>jerk/fried chicken

All super easy to make (the gumbo takes time I guess, but you're essentially just throwing a bunch of shit in a pot and letting it heat up), pick whatever you think would taste best or your friends would enjoy most

OP said America, not North American, dum dum.

America is the continent that spans from Canada to Argentina.

There's no continent called America, retard. But there is a country called America...

OP
Make American Chop Suey / Goulash
Basically just use macaroni, ground beef of pork or sausage, chopped onions and peppers, and red sauce
Typical middle class budget food.

New England Clam Chowder with a side of corn bread. Manhattan is fine too.

Interesting, I never knew America was located in Central America. Seems needlessly complicated.

Macaroni and cheese

American style pancakes

As a european living on the american continent (canuck county) I'd say chili. There is just nothing really like it anywhere else and the spices actually origin from the continent. Make it as spicy as you can, bland food will blend in among the rest while a chili has the opportunity to stand out, and divide it into small portions for serving. And add beans. And only if you are from a state where they actually eat chili. If you are from california just bring a dildo and a glass of sand to drink with it.

Canadian's call people who live in the United States "Americans" and all Central and South American countries call them "Americanos," but non of those countries refer to themselves as Americanos or Americans

>americans don't refer to themselves as americans

You what now?

Reuben sandwich for north or fajita tacos for south, or cock and balls for all of country

fish filet all for me.

pumpkin pie all for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=hjT7OlYB5C8

PULLED
PORK
SANDWICHES

I made it in a rice cooker once. Nips loved it