How many crackers with soup is too many?

How many crackers with soup is too many?

no more than 12

I prefer bread with soup. crackers are pure calories, basically. no water, just flour.

It's a texture thing. A good, crunchy bread is the best soup pairing, though.

Let's find out, OP

My own view is that the meal should have more crackers than soup. You should be eating crackers with soup, not soup with crackers. So around 25%-33% more crackers by volume is the sweet spot is what I say

When you get a bowl of soup at a restaurant, the crackers provided are individually wrapped in quantities of two. It is considered rude to use more than two of these packages, maybe three if its a very large bowl or your primary meal and not just a starter, but that's a stretch. If each guest uses three packages of two crackers, there probably wont be enough for everyone, and they your bitch-ass is going to rudely bother your poor waitress to bring you more food that is provided free of charge. This makes you a huge asshole.
So, to answer the OP's question, you use two crackers for a cup of soup, and you can go as high as six crackers for a large bowl. Have some goddamn manners, for Christ's sake. Its also an insult to the chef if you're filling the soup up with bland fillers, its a literal smack in the face saying "This soup sucks, I'm changing it because its not well balanced." You dick.

Did someone say texture?

Crackers are for fags. Not soup.

Those aren't even soup crackers. What is that, some poppy seed whole wheat "artisan" shit?
You know those are for your meat & cheese plate, not soup.

Anything over four. I always put three crackers in and my soup is always perfect.

As much as you want. Don't let people tell you how to eat. Food is art nigga

I have a sandwich with it, with white meat. Tends to blend well with most soups, sometimes the bread changes from bloomer to baguette but for no particular reason.

Whoever that is sitting across from you seems to have enormous breasts.

croutons suck though, it's like eating legos

Make softer ones then you pillock

I don't have a problem with mine. everywhere else I've ever had them, though, they've been like sharp rocks.

About tree fiddy

I think I will use them however I please.

If a soup requires a ton of crackers then the chef does suck and should be made aware of it. I'm paying to be served good food and it's not my job to coddle some shitty chef to spare his feelings you faggot.

Depends on the consistency of the soup for me. The thicker the soup, the more crackers I use.

I mash up an entire roll of ritz crackers into dust like bread crumbs and use the entire roll in one can of campbells chicken noodle soup and mix it up until it's chicken mash. I drink a quart of whole milk with it also. It's an all around balanced meal.

oh no, wouldn't want the highly trained chef at Shoney's to think I've insulted him by asking for additional crackers.

according to soup-pedia
red soup betweein 7-11
chicken soup, up till 13
french onion soup, 1
soup de jour, endless

I put crackers in until the water is gone. Other grain products would be preferable though, like leftover rice or quinoa.

Precisely that many.

Just keep going until theres no more soup.

i always use a whole sleeve.

>mixing crackers into soup

Disgusting. I crumble a layer of crackers over the top, eat soup until layer is gone, then repeat until soup is finished. Eating soupy mush is gross.

This doesn't make sense. Crackers are intended to thicken soup. So you should use them in thinner soups.

Are you feeling okay?

That's because most cafes/restaurants would make them weekly.

autism
u
t
i
s
m

you can never have enough crackers

>not eating rye bread with soup

that's about 1300 calories user

the fuck are you doing

Unrelated, but have any of you had a peanut butter sandwich on the side with a bowl of chili? I had a Cuban friend who would do this, and it was actually a pretty good pairing.

>crackers

Have you met your Lord and Savior, White Rice?

jesus christ, that's two days worth of food for me

You pathetic fat fuck

My nigga. Having all the crackers soak up the soup and just be a mush is the best.

This is the most racist thread on Veeky Forums

>that many
came here to post this.

Actually, THIS is the most racist thread on Veeky Forums

It is about all I would eat that day and usually when I'm sick in some way. Not a normal thing. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year

Usually I just dip a slice of toast in my soup and soak up some of the broth.

>Using restaurant tricks as a yardstick for proper eating habits

Half your post is, "It would cost them more money! Please think of the restaurant!" and the other half is you coughing up their load.

you can never have too many crackers

Is that peanut butter...? with savoury soup???

fuck you

as many crackers with soup as it takes to feed the homeless nogs this christmas.