Eating well while poor

how do you eat well when you're broke as fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/opub/reports/working-poor/2014/pdf/home.pdf
youtube.com/channel/UCRKls2LLMqU-uK2csT6FOKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lrn2 cook

get a job

cook everything. never eat out.

make lots of stirfries

This. I made enough for three meals tonight (lunch tomorrow plus dinner again tomorrow night) with a bell pepper, an onion, one pounds of chicken, and some cheap noodles. I think I spent less than twenty bucks in total.

I also quite drinking, as that was a massive drain on my funds.

make friends and eat at their houses

Just so you know... the dog is your LAST resort.

But if you have to, then go for a pan fry with a soy-based gravy

how broke is broke? if your talking about last 10 bucks then it would have to be the biggest store brand tub of peanut butter and as many of them as possible. if your talking about 50 bucks on a few day until pay day then its usually sandwiches, rice, and soup

been living of of chicken stir fry for almost a month now, it gets really boring but its a really cheap why to eat healthy

Adding a variety of sauces can help ease that drudgery. A bottle of hot chili oil goes a long way.

ya but it still gets boring

here's a way to change things up.

instead of noodles, try lentils or rice.

what I do for my stirfries is I add like 4 eggs and make egg fried rice as the base of the stirfry. very cheap protein

the noodles are not the problem, its the sauce or thing that i use to flavor it

>I add like 4 eggs and make egg fried rice as the base of the stirfry

Maybe you'd eat cheaper if you didn't consume 4000 calories every day, fatty.

Well, depends how poor you are. Vegetables aren't really that expensive...

How much money are you working with OP, and what type of equipment do you have to cook stuff in? A simple microwave can cook almost anything, but if you got a crockpot, or regular oven and pans, things will be a lot easier.

150lb. I...I can't afford meat. I get my protein from eggs.

You should splurge on an intro to nutrition book.

Please elaborate on the quitting drinking..

define eating well, I suppose

all the cakes n meat were marked down n the store. weird. If they would of had wings I might have got them.

always have oatmeal n rice. lasts forever.

Most poor people have jobs. Hardest working motherfuckers you'll ever meet.

Too bad they're too stupid to understand birth control.

Oats
Potatoes
Brown or Wild Rice
Beans
Flax
Garlic
Onions

Back to your containment board alt-right fggt

>pro-choice
>alt-right

The point was that most people who are both hard working and yet poor are people who chose to have kids when they weren't in a position to do so financially.

>sage for off topic

And you know this how? Do you know all these people? Stop sucking Alex Jones cock and get out of the basement.

>you know this how

Because I've worked in a restaurant in a non-flyover city for only a couple dollars over minimum wage and had enough money for an apartment in a decent part of town, plenty of food, cigarettes, and enough cheap vodka to become an alcoholic.

Also I've never watched Alex Jones; you're the one projecting.

Nice detraction. That has nothing to do with the fact that not all poor people are pumping out welfare kids.

>not all poor people are pumping out welfare kids

Never said anything about welfare kids, or claimed that all hardworking poor people are poor because of kids. I claimed, and still do claim, that having kids when they weren't ready is probably the number one reason why people who work hard still end up poor. Of course there are hundreds of other reasons outside of their control that could account for that as well. I'm making far more money than I was when I worked in a restaurant but my standard of living hasn't really gone up because now I have a shit ton of financial aid I have to pay back, as another example.

>hardworking
>broke
Hardworking people don't work at mcdonalds lol. Anybody can get a job roofing/landscaping/masonry as a labourer and bust their ass till their middle class

>obtain crock pot
>obtain tupperware
>cook everything on a sunday for the week
>cool that shit in the fridge

Depending what you make you can easily last a week on stupid cheap

Or just learn to fucking cook and you wont end up going the way of Sceak and offing yourself because of depression. It's not like prepping a single disgusting meal for the entire week is inherently cheaper; it's just for lazy fags who can't cook and/or don't care enough to put in the effort to learn.

Beans
Eggs
Potato

all you need desu

*no*
bls.gov/opub/reports/working-poor/2014/pdf/home.pdf

youtube.com/channel/UCRKls2LLMqU-uK2csT6FOKw

The hardest working people work fast food fuckboy

That's not hard as in it doesn't require great skill. It's high volume at times but it's air conditioned, your job is limited to one or a few tasks. The occasional shitty customers are the worst part

Did you really think he was serious? Geez...

>bust their ass till their middle class
You can't change class by working hard.

You clearly have no idea of class if you think it just comes down to money.

i had much more food while i was on foodstamps. once i got a job and was no longer qualified i had much less of a food budget.

My dietry education is kinda lacking but I think you'd want some rice in there to complete the required non synthesised amino acids.

I quit drinking water as that stuffs almost a penny per 5 litres out the tap.

He's got eggs you retard. They're complete animal proteins.

Alcohol is expensive and unnecessary to a balanced diet. Drink booze in the good times, water in the hard times.

But alcohol cleans out your system, and even cleans your teeth.

Buy seeds and grow your own vegetables

Stop spending money on other things, collect foodstuffs at homeless shelter things, whatever they are called in English.

Oatmeal.
Raisins.
Granola Bars.
Material for making Sandwiches.
Water
Milk

Avoid Fast food at all costs.

Beans
Eggs
Rice
Canned Tuna
Noodles (ramen or spaghetti)