What is the overall best knife and why is it the Chinese cleaver?

What is the overall best knife and why is it the Chinese cleaver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HV8FPk5qN9k
youtube.com/watch?v=G0k-cgnWWqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless the majority of what you're doing is processing animals, it would be the french chef knife, albeit thicker than the classical version and at least a 15 degree bevel.

i think ive used a cleaver for veggies way more than for meat, and its been great everytime, I dont even use butcher knives anymore

Been the main knife I use for over 20 years. Looks like #1 size in you pic. My go to as well.

>he brought his bench scraper to the knife sharpener

Well that's nice....

>what's the best X, and why is it Y
>Y is better than any disagreement, just cuz..

I'm out. Sage.

Please allow me to explain why you are wrong.

youtu.be/HV8FPk5qN9k

What is the overall shittiest shit post, and what is it posts what ask a question then phrase the answer to said question with a biased and uninformed opinion?

That's called a meme son.

I see no picture with overused text stemmed from an old and dying viral scenario. Surely it's not a meme, just some gay shit that gay people say.

>he thinks the chinese cleaver is the same as a butcher's cleaver
>laughingchinamen.jpg
In Chinese, it's called the vegetable knife. It's little different in utility compared to a western chef's knife.

youtube.com/watch?v=G0k-cgnWWqs

You clearly don't know what a meme is then. Chinese cleavers and the falseflaggers that claim they're GOAT are a meme on Veeky Forums

was just making a statement, no reason to sperg my man

No, there are just a few of us here who swear by them, and the meme is we get written off as cranks.

I have been on Veeky Forums everyday for the last two years, and have only seen them mentioned in threads a handful of times. That's bullshit. You're OP. Also, a faggot. Delete your shit thread.

This. How the fuck are you going to clean a pepper with a fucking cleaver? How you gonna bone a chicken with a cleaver?

Ever seen Martha Stewart's Cooking School?
She uses one of these every show for all kinds of meat and vegetables. It seems to be her favorite knife, maybe you should ask her?

>Peppers.
>Chicken.
Dumbass, the knife is made for dog.

That's just a habit she picked up in prison

I'm a big fan of my Pioneer Woman Signature Knife.

It's $8 at Wal Mart.
It is of full tang construction and a hard stainless that really holds its edge.
It has a heavy spine which was obviosly designed to whack things without fear of breaking the blade.
Despite the heavy spine, it gracefully tapers to a razor's edge. Perfect for veggies.
It has nice real rosewood handles - it has nearly perfect balance. Superior to my Shun 8" chef knife.
The broad sides of the blade make it very nice for scooping things up off the cutting board.

I bought this knife so my wife would stop chipping the crap out of my Shuns - what a pleasant surprise this was.

bumb

looks like what a chinese chef would attack with in a kung fu movie

>I'm out. Sage.

Haha wooooah d00d you rekederized them HARD with that downvote!