Question Veeky Forums...

Question Veeky Forums, say you are a 18 year old with no connections or job and barely any money to start with to invest. What would you do? What steps would you take to be successful?

Attached: 1514171288312.jpg (612x472, 60K)

I would also like to know as a 19-year old in sorta same position, with a tiny crypto portfolio

Same shit I did - borrow to get into STEM (Electrical Eng), create projects on the side, intern with a big co, then be a wagecuck for six years before doing my own thing.

I'm really clueless at the moment. I have a huge backlog of coins that I want to invest in but no money to invest it with. I need a job first. I want to know what people would do in this situation.

>no connections
Most people don't have connections at 18. You aren't unique in that regard.

> or job

Finding a job might be a good place to start.

> barely any money to start with to invest

This is why you get a job. Like everyone else your age has to do. You are not special.

> What would you do? What steps would you take to be successful?

I would get a fucking job as I did when I was your age, work my ass off and invest any spare income.

Either jump through the hoops to go to a good college with a scholarship, or join the military to unfuck yourself then jump through the hoops (military community college credits) to get into a good college with the GI Bill.

You youngsters need to get a job. Go for a part timer at a place like a restaurant. Being with people your own age in a shit job is actually pretty fun. Get an education, preferably a free one.

First, preseve what you already have. A room? Clean it. A family? Establish good relationships with them.

Then you do something foe yourself and slowly climb higher.

Remember that when down, the only way is up, or die.

Socialize and get connections and find a job.

Seriously you're just a fucking Child. 18 years old is nothing NOTHING. You can't comprehend this because people make it look like you'll have to live life in a certain order but that's not the case at all.

Think about where you want to be in 10 years and slowly take the steps to realize them. But honestly you're only 18. Just go do whatever the fuck you want and once you're 25 or something start to think seriously about your future. This'll help with mid-life crisis in the long run.

All these normies giving you shitty suggestions.
>Hurr durr, climb up slowly for years working super hard being a wage slave and work the rest of your life poor
Listen, obtain at least $1k and use this to trade in crypto and become rich. Its the only way unless you want to become 99% of what people are, wage slaves.

version not for bottom 80% of society:
monetize a hobby>funnel money into investing/business if u want more
version for bottom 80%:
get a job go to school yada yada

Yeah I know this, I wanted to have at least a couple thousand to start seriously investing which is why I asked. I barely have anything to work with right now which is why I made this thread and asked for input. Thanks though, best advice so far.

This.
I moved abroad when I was 19, stayed 6 years. Partied, fucked and managed to get the connections I did by just taking my job seriously and working the extra hours. Only just recently has my mindset changed to the house, wife and kids meme. And I'm extremely happy I've had the chance to experience life a bit before taking this route. Turning 26 now and moving back to start building my future for real. Make sure to enjoy your early 20s and the rest will come in due time unless you're a real fucking dumb dumb

Invest in yourself. Get some skills. You have nothing to offer the world and probably won't for another 10 years. Get some experience (at a real job), save some cash, and then come see us.

Kms until I was reborn into rich family

put some money in even if its peanuts there is a learning curve to this you will lose on some trades start will nothing and work ur way up. add money when you can. Also hodl is a meme cash some profits on ur way up to invest in other projects. rinse repeat

i had a couple hundred and put it all into a extremely cheap shitcoin (VRS) my friend told me about. and you might be right but i'd rather just hold m8

join the military

I'm 18 like you and got money from my parents to invest, can't you ask your parents for investment money? Life is gonna suck so hard if you have no money to start with since you have to get a job.

lmao

How much did you get from your parents? Mine would probably say no, they're stupid like that.

$4000 lol

damn lucky bastard. shit like this makes me hate my faggot parents sometimes.

I went up to 16k to 9.7k right now. If you follow what other people in this thread are saying, you're going to miss out on crypto so hard, maybe try take out a loan if you think you are good enough. I'd kill myself if I had to work all my life.

dont end up like me
currently 22 years old working at a tim hortons and living with my parents. I have 25k money in bank and 1k in crypto and I want to kms..

develop a great personality and learn. ignore connections and money. cou cant directly influence it, trust me. alot is based on coincidence and luck. with the right mindset you will pull the right situations and persons.

Wagecuck until you find your own path, invest a little at a time and don't waste your time with university

Did you not read what I typed nigger? I only want to wage cuck to have proper income to invest with. Being a wagecuck for any longer than that sounds fucking awful. Once I have a couple g's I'll quit and start seriously investing.

Find a job at some coffee shop as a waiter or bartender.

Hey, I'm this user I do social media management, ecommerce, and once I saved up enough I bought two rental properties. That's the best way to go.

For SMM: Go on google maps, Find businesses with shitty or no web presence, and coldcall them until you can get someone for $250-500 a month. Get as many as you can, and offer them a month of free work until for every paying client they send your way.

Once you save some money, start an ecom store and learn about facebook ads.

From there, secure yourself an investment property and start making passive income, as that's the goal. You make money without having to do anything, which allows you to make more money.

If you don't want to do all that bullshit and just start buying properties, work at a grocery store like I did - works either way

Damn I'm jelly dude. Congrats for making it that way but I don't think that'll work for me. Reading that thread I can tell you and your family were the go-getter types and that isn't my case unfortunately. I'll probably try that passive income method one day, but for now, I'll just look for a job to earn some money.

Alright. I'm going to give you The Secret. Don't fucking spread it around any more than this shit thread will ever do, alright? Maybe you can all fix yourselves, but keep it to yourself.

0. if you have ADHD or anxiety or think you might, address it and work on it with a doctor (pills, nootropics, whatev) and by adjusting your life to get shit done (like pomodo timer stuff)

1. look at what you have now. health, housing, food, family? car? whatever. Set simple GOALS for each one (I'm going to lose 10 lbs, I'm going to clean my room once a week, whatev), decide how you will do that thing (I will work out, I will pick up my clothes). These are HABITS. Do a few habits every day, this is WILLPOWER. Set big but realistic goals, define habits to finish your goals, and use your willpower (get off your ass and physically do it) to do a few habits every day. Do this long enough and you'll own the moon.

2. get into motivational stuff and meditation. Spend time every day reading about motivation and some time meditating. Tony Robbinson in a nice newb place to start, don't buy his shit but he drops some truth bombs so watch some youtube vids.

3. FUCKING READ. Non-fiction, self help shit. Ask around for good books, look at top charts. pick topics that interest you or that you know you need help in. FUCKING READ.

=== if you have literally $0 stop here and sell some shit on facebook groups, or suck some dick, or get a basic job doing basic shit and get a few pay checks ===

4. Ok, shit gets good now. go to jvzoo and warriorforum and start looking into internet marketing shit. You're interested in affiliate marketing. FOCUS. There are a million topics, a million products, and all promise puss button wealth. 99.99% are bullshit. Stick to affiliate marketing. This is the REAL work from home money. Nothing else until you have a decade of experience under your belt. get on some mailing lists to see new stuff coming out. Muncheye is a great way to see them.

cont...

cont...

5. find stuff advertised as easy. like says "newbie friendly" literally in sales page. Don't buy anything over $30. DON'T BUY ANYTHING WITHOUT SEARCHING "[name of product] review demo bonus" and watching a few youtube vids from a few reviewers who are willing to trash a bad product (Jonas Lindgren is a good one). These people will give a decent review, plus give special free bonuses for using their link, plus let you see inside the dashboards of the products to learn what it is really about.

Ignore the one time offers and bonus stuff that the product will try to upsell you for, 99% is useless.

Example, refresh-en is a program hot right now where basically you repin pinterest pins to drive traffic to a fully automated wordpress site with ads on it. You'll make $500 a month after 6 months or so.

6. don't get distracted, don't buy 100 shit products. research and sleep on an offer. The prices will be the same a month from now idc what the page or countdown clock says. buy what you feel best about and fucking work it to the bone. 16-20 hours a day, fucking do the method exactly and don't fucking stop except to eat, shit, and sleep.

7. lets say you're making $500 in six months. Awesome. Built 2 more and when they start maxing out build 5 or 10 more.

8. fucking retire on a beach at 20yo .....or...

NOT OPTIONAL - don't retire, just live good. keep fucking going like you should!

drop some money in crypto, real estate, an actual physical business, or buy a few more internet marketing products doing different stuff using the same caution and dedication. DIVERSIFY YOURSELF BIGLY!

Is it worth taking meds if they give them.
I think I have adhd, I have failed 3 years of uni, I can not bring myself to go or even watch online lectures, and when I do I get 5 mins in and start daydreaming for 10 mins and then have to rewind 10 mins. rinse and repeat.

Is it worth taking the drugs if they fuck up the body. I have heard you can get alziemers or something

Things you can do as a kid (bonus is most of these things build skills and value)

>Learn programming. Build up a resume online by doing projects and search for freelance work. Larp as a pajeet or adult or something to get your first jobs.

>Alternatively code apps or videogames to sell

>Learn graphic design and create patterns/t-shirt designs/etc to create an online business. Also offer to create designs for people online

>Start a cold-call marketing business

>Become a high level licensed sports referee or lifeguard (pays around $50 per hour or more)

>Get a high as fuck score on your SAT, like 1500 or more, then advertise tutoring to a rich jewish/asian neighborhood for $20-40 per hour. Alternatively get 5's on many AP tests

>Make a business hosting swim lessons for little kids at the community center. Make each kid's parent pay like $10 per lesson, get 10 kids, and bam, you now make more than your dad per hour.

>Resell shit from thrift stores and estate auctions on the internet

>When it snows, buy a snow blower from home depot and clear driveways for money. Then return the snow blower to home depot the next day for a refund.

>Babysit for rich people's kids

cont...

The end goal is to make some nice passive income (meaning a few hours a week is enough to keep it going). It will take months to make decent cash.

After that you're free, forever. Use your free time to grow your empire.

Start reviewing these products yourselves and offering your own bonuses if you're not afraid of a camera. You can buy products and guides on how to do this even.

Spread your empire far and wide. if one thing burns out you'll have a half dozen more things going. crypto, real estate, and traditional businesses are the only way to real money.

Teach your children to do the same. Let them leverage off of you so they have a huge head start. Your family line will be worth millions.

I've already made. I am freeeeee. I started at 25 and it took me a few years to even figure out what really works so you're already way ahead of me.

Good luck, I hope one day you make it too.

19 soon moving out of this situation. Start meditating now while you can engrain it into you as a habit. Self control and mental solace is key!

You have 25k in the bank bro you're fine make moves

there are lots of meds, adderall is what i have experience with. It takes me from a tard that knows I NEED so badly to do X but just keep fucking off to a guy who can sit down and write all of this shit out at 1 million wpm. Without it I am fucked.

I tell people it's like the super focused feeling you have after 2-3 cups of really strong coffee or shots of strong espresso (200-300mg caffeine total) except it lasts for hours and there is no crash. I want to experiment with nootropics (caffeine + l-the) and see if it has the same results for me but I have heart issues so I'm scared to take the caffeine.

I advise getting stable on the legit stuff for a while and then trying alternatives. this way you have a baseline to compare to. Otherwise you have no clue what it might be like for you. if it works then switch.

I too am scared of muck brain. It runs in my family. I suppose I would rather slightly increase my maybe possible chance than guarantee I'm going to be a shit person in a shit life because I have a chemical imbalance in my brain.

NOTE:

lazy = know you need to do something important, don't, and feel fine about it. Next day still don't give a shit if you do it and go to bed happy.

ADHD issue = know you need to do something important, don't because you keep yourself busy doing other "important" things (really they're not), feel super shitty and maybe depressed because of it. Next day still can't bring yourself to do it cuz squirrels. Still feel like shit, still won't do it until you have no choice but to focus on it instead of a dozen "important" other things you've been doing.

18 yr old here. idk about where you live, but a way I have made a killing is caddying,
great way to start because you can make 200$ for 4 hours of work, learn people skills, and make some fantastic connections talking and being friendly to the members.

and after 21 - night shift bartender pays about $400- $1,000 a night in tips, more in big cities or popular bars. It's the male equivalent to being a stripper.

Day bartending sucks ass tho.

>lazy = know you need to do something important, don't, and feel fine about it. Next day still don't give a shit if you do it and go to bed happy.
>ADHD issue = know you need to do something important, don't because you keep yourself busy doing other "important" things (really they're not), feel super shitty and maybe depressed because of it. Next day still can't bring yourself to do it cuz squirrels. Still feel like shit, still won't do it until you have no choice but to focus on it instead of a dozen "important" other things you've been doing.
I dont know which one of these I am, so I think it's best to just go to the doc and let him decide, which I plan on doing next week.
If it is lazy though, how do I fix that, because it is ruining my life. Although the fact that it's ruining my life and makes me depresesd, but I still do nothing about it, must mean its more adhd or some fucked up shit in my head

exactly, these jobs take really rather basic skills, but are easy ways to get some cash to start investing with. I worked my ass off in the past, saved up enough to get into crypto, and dont have to work if I dont want to. But you have to start and just grind it out OP. You'll make it.

The fact that you care this much about it means 80% chance it's ADHD. lazy people don't care they are lazy. The doctor will give you a paper to fill out with questions about your life and how you handle projects and situations. he will also ask you a bunch of questions.

The diagnosis is mostly guess work and what if's, kinda fucked up situation honestly.

A good doc will also want you to have a brain scan IMO. It tells more. My doc didn't want to give me a scan but my son's dr insisted he have one.

9 times out of 10 they don't really give a deep fuck and will give you pills to err on the side of caution anyway.

Laziness is a habit of not doing anything. Your brain really likes that, it preserves a lot of energy. you break it by forcing yourself to build new habits (physically doing something daily to work toward a goal), by motivating yourself (good motivational speeches and shit that create emotion help break the lazy brain cycle), and by deeply meditating to "reset" your brain. The lazier you are the longer it takes to completely break free, expect it to take months or years.

I've also read shrooms or DMT plus the above helps break just about any bad habit faster. But I dunno, I have no personal experience with them.

I live in NYC. Can I do caddying here?

Thanks this has really helped

Good luck m8. Wish you the best.

what moves

Even with your motivation, you still need to go to college and get skills that can land you a $100k job.

Once you have money you can then attempt to start a business.

Seriously, what kind of business do you think you can start that will earn you more than a well-paying job?

Unless you hit the jackpot with an app you just don't have the money or skills to start a business. I was like you. Going to college was actually a really good decision even though at the time I thought it was stupid and I was wasting my time and money.

Another tip...

Stop jerking off so much. if you do it 2, 4, 8 times a day ... slow it down to once a day and do it at night before you go to bed and NOT in the morning or during the day.

It will not give you super powers, but not blowing all of your motivation and energy into your boxers every few hours should be a top priority. You'll see the difference in a week or two.

if you can manage, wait a few days between or find some ass to pump it in instead.

Life fucking changing right there. Sometimes motivation/lazy/whatev problems is because you had the willpower and energy and desire but you spent it all impregnating a mate (your hand) and now you're satisfied so your brain says why try anything else today when you can do it tomorrow because you just did a great job impregnating your mate.

easy guys

joing the Veeky Forums stock/crypto/programing education discord.
very noob friendly

discord.me/xavier

I don't go out much so I don't think I'll get a GF anytime soon. I've really been considering fucking a hooker for some time now. Maybe after I fuck one silly I'll have motivation like you said, kek

Well my point was to fuck less so you don't kill your motivation. Once every few days is fine, hand or woman.

Sex isn't that great. Honestly. Lots of toys on the market that feel just as good, or better, than pussy/mouth/ass. You won't look back and wish you fucked more hookers.

The special part of sex is doing it with someone you're really connected to. Without that a toy is far better m8.

Holy fuck this place is really nice. Lets talk in here mother fuckers, lets go

Hi, how are ya

Sex with a hooker might be different. They aim to please. If I ask for a sloppy deepthroat blowjob and doggy style I'm pretty sure it'd feel decent. Haven't you ever seen backpage whores? But I do sort of get your point

get
a
fucking
job
retard

If you barely have any capital, investing is mostly a waste of your time. Even what would be considered fantastic 100% returns doesn't mean much if you don't put down anything.

Get real skills. Then get a job that pays well for those skills.

There's plenty of jobs that pay well and don't require a degree either.

meh, pussy does indeed wear out. Fairly quickly too if you use it too much. hookers are about like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. get her on her back with her knees up and you'll likely go limp. whores and hookers do not make a good fuck, they make a desperate fuck when you can't come up with a better solution.

>There's plenty of jobs that pay well and don't require a degree either.

name 10.

legit wanna know.

go to community college for programming. Become a "not shit" programmer. Make 70k a year for the rest of your life.

Been lurking in this thread a while, you've given very helpful advice that I've screenshoted. Thanks based user

Attached: 1505833745203.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

prob the shittiest advice ITT

buy bitcoin up to $20000
stop loss: none

nice cope lmao

Invest in yourself first. This investment yields the highest returns over time & is the least risky.

Join the Air Force, or the Navy. Make sure you have a job where you don't have to Go to the Middle East or a fucking boat (Air Traffic Control is the best, 6 figure job on the outside world with just a High School diploma). 4-5 years of getting paid later all of your investments are fully funded and you probably have a life skill.

Many bitcoin millionaires started with only a hundred or two a month. But before that they started with a job.
>think about what jobs interest you
>approach managers and owners, go back and check in again, harass them until they hire you but don't be excessive
The best start to decent money IMO is this Save a couple hundred a month if that's all you can do, and when the runs starts your savings will grow like crazy.

Try to get as much fiat in the market as you can before the dip is over then BUY IT

Don't work so much that you don't have time to study crypto, watch the news, learn TA etc. This is what will make your money blow up.

Haha sometimes i pity you faggots

20 here ico team member of a project that pajeets shill here for me

Already got 250k after taxes in cash

Unironically buying more link soon

For example if you'd thrown in 400 before the last bull run, it'd be 2 or 3 grand before the sell off, and you would have taken some out at 19k resistance, being a smart investor.

why dont u join the Canadian Forces Reserves as a side thing. Once a week minimum (and you get paid) no long term contracts, deployment is optional, it gives you the opportunity to meet ppl, go on field training exercises and use firearms.

Good thing to do if you're bored and feel stuck.

Thanks for your IP