What do you feel are "meme foods", Veeky Forums?

What do you feel are "meme foods", Veeky Forums?
Getting the obvious out of the way:
>Bacon

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipsy_cake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

'go 'za

weeb noodles

'deens

for me

Latest meme are those shitty spic sweet/salty/spicy street foods.

I'll add a few:

>"Boozy" versions of shit
>Brussels Sprouts

Things I hope never become memes:

>Cooking with lard, tallow, or schmaltz
>Fiddlehead Ferns

Guacamole had a meme period where it was on fucking everything and normies wouldn't shut up about it

Your favorite food

All of those can be done spectacularly well. What are you on about?

Blueberry pie with bourbon is best bourberry pie.

THE MCCHICKEN SANDWICH?!

You're joking but chicken fast food sandwiches are a 2016/17 meme for sure (fuku/chickenshack/chick fil a in NYC)

If you're not some garbage person, stop using the word meme. That is how normal people figure out you're a giant piece of shit.

kill yourself

boozy shit as a fad is hardly new

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipsy_cake

>>Cooking with lard, tallow, or schmaltz

i'm sorry but it's too late

If by "meme" food you mean something very fashionable that doesn't deserve it, there's the age-old meme of wine snobbery.

Weak excuse to get drunk while denying that that's the point.

>first everything had jalapeno in it
>then chipotle
>then sriracha
>then habanero
>now ghost peppers

It's just something I've noticed recently. I've a bunch of different chips and sauces now advertising being made with ghost peppers. A few chicken wing places around where I live have huge ads for ghost pepper wings because "lol so spicy".

I don't get it.

>n posts
>no pho

Biggest fucking meme of all time.

Chicken nuggets

where are my carolina reaper nachos

Meme foods are by definition just mundane foods that have become so popular that they've finally shown up in flyover land. Therefore anyone posting about meme foods is inherently flyover; i.e., boring, mundane, and has nothing to contribute to the discussion of people living in the 21st century.

>I don't get it.
white people didn't even have pepper for most of the last 1000 yeasr

No, there are foods in major coastal cities that have definitely reached meme status. I'm in Seattle, and infusing foods with craft beers, food trucks, teriyaki, sriracha, super spicy peppers for dickwaving and nothing more, and sushi, are all meme tier things that it feels like you simply can't escape.

Did you do your daily harvwst from the guac Bush?

>craft beers have been around and growing in popularity on the west coast since at least the 90's
>food trucks aren't a type of food, and nobody is forcing you to eat from them
>teriyaki is just generic pan asian cuisine, which has been popular on the west coast since the 60's
>sriracha has been a popular sauce on the west coast since the 90's and if you're just hearing about it now you're in the minority
>super hot sauces have been around since the 90's and are still a niche thing that nobody is forcing you to eat, or judging you for not indulging in
>sushi has been super popular on the west coast since the 90's

The fact that you say you can't escape any of these things while living in a major city makes it sound like you either have no imagination, or you work in some dumb tech building and order in all your meals from the "trendy" surrounding overpriced shitty restaurants.

>waaaah! the beer just keeps getting better and more diverse!
>waaaah! i live on the coast and i'm surrounded by 200 sushi restaurants!
>why can't i escape the memes and just go back to eating my tendies!!!

Nutella is (or was). I'll have every so often but I can't understand why people act like eating it makes them cum in their pants

>because white people

Nothing is popular until white discover it. I'm not even white and I know this is a universal truth.

>i'm sorry but it's too late

Show me one of those poor people recipe videos (Like Tasty) where they use animal fats in place of butter, oil, or fucking cooking spray

i love coffee and probably spend most my time in coffee threads but yeah, coffee is a huge meme
I DONT KNOW HOW ID SURVIVE MY 8 AM CLASS WITHOUT MY STARBUCKS!
DONT TALK TO ME BEFORE I HAVE MY CAFFEINE LOL!
UHM NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH COFFEE :P

that and nutella

Is that a dude or a girl?

>Having enough lard and animal fat to cook with it without having a restaurant in your name
You two can just say Crisco. We aren't that stupid.

Smoothies and vaping have become the new coffee and cigarette combo.

Lol you're a faggot. Have fun eating in shitty dingy illegal hiring "ethnic" restaurants that fail health inspection.

To me, a meme food is one that people will ask you if you tried it and if you say no they pretend to cream their pants and gush about how GOOD it is and I CANT BELIEVE YOU NEVER TRIED IT BEFORE

>Nutella
>Anchovies
>Oysters (New England meme)
>Bread Pudding
>Calamari (Coastal meme)
>Deer meat (Flyover meme)

Since when did brussels sprouts become a meme food?

Fiddleheads are GOAT

Besides they're only available fresh for a month or so - at least in my home; the people's republic of Cancuckistan

You don't have to worry about asking for pronouns on Veeky Forums

>tumblrkin?

I think we should define what we mean by meme food. For me, it's when a food ends up in places it doesn't belong because it is trendy, like underwear

Bacon is great and goes well on a lot of things. Chocolate covered bacon is great even if it sounds memey

what are you talking about, most spicy things on the market are still either jalapeno or chipotle, anything else marketed as "ghost pepper" isn't even as hot as the other two

sideways is a good movie tho

Sriracha
Bacon
Avocado/Guac
Nutella
the fucking diablo sauce at taco bell that everyone has been freaking out about then I try it and it tastes like shit

steak is a meme food, not good steak, those horrendous cuts of dogshit meat that cheap restaurants and supermarkets class as steak

All of those things are commonplace for us euro"poor"s.

I reject the idea of meme foods. I know different things go in and out of fashion at different times in different places, and there are definitely food crazes that happen. But usually when a food suddenly becomes fashionable it's something that's good to begin with, so I don't have an issue with that. The only time you see awful stuff becoming fashionable is on the heels of a health craze, whether it's low fat dairy, gluten free bread, diet soda or turkey lunchmeat. And that kind of crap is not what most of you guys are talking about with regard to "meme foods".

pho is really good

Toast

I think a meme food is combination of popular, overrated and found in places that don't make a lot of sense.

bacon, avocado, sriracha, nuttela and pumpkin spice are good examples

also fucking lol at people who get buttmad at the term 'meme food' quit being faggots

epin

>deer meat
Yeah, I personally like cow meat and pig meat. Not much of a deer eater.

It is called venison for fucks sake

what exactly constitutes a "meme food" if bacon is one?

nutella is shit

venison steak is god-tier

>What do you feel

I don't "feel", I "think".

You should try it.

Bacon is delicious and useful. You can eat it by itself for breakfast, use the fat to fry other things (brussel sprouts fried in bacon grease are great), you can make baked beans with it, use it as a base in soffritto, or wrap it around vegetables or other meats to add some extra flavor to a dish. Bacon is one of the most versatile meats I can think of.

You know what's a real meme food? Avocados. Fuck avocados. Expensive, hardly any edible flesh given how big the seed is, hard to know when one is properly ripe, and for all this trouble they don't even taste very good.

>turkey lunchmeat

Wait, what's wrong with turkey lunch meat?

this

>White people biggest group in America
>America pop culture capital of the world

I wonder why white people usually determine fads.

>hard to know when one is properly ripe
gently press the top and look for the colour of the hole where the fruit detached from the branch

>pleb: the post
not hard to know the ripeness (also at least an easy way to make them soft).
hardly any edible flesh is just straight up bullshit and tastes delicious.
they are expensive in my country as well so you have a point there though

So anything you don't enjoy? It isn't a meme to have different tastes.

Oysters and vineson are amazing. As is hunting for your own food.

yes

This. Brussels are fucking lovely. Only fatty doesn't like them.

for me it is Nutella
>see the vid making dessert
>oh look nice
>"then we put Nutella"
>mfw i waste my time watching

Nutella is not a fucking raw ingredient. if you put that in everything.it wil taste always the same

Kale

>sauce at taco bell
It might be notable if it's actually spicy and I don't have to put three packets on a single taco.