Is the copper pan a meme? I might buy one

Is the copper pan a meme? I might buy one

"meme pans" like cast iron and carbon steel are actually useful. the "copper pan" isn't a "meme pan" because no one on the internet with any pretension of expertise claims that it's useful at all. actual copper cookware is different, but much more expensive and finnicky and way out of reach of people who talk about "meme pans".

that copper pan is a meme

it needs to be lined or else your food will taste like pennies

Cured my from my copper deficiency

you must be from the cancerous west coast. everyone in the midwest was raised on cast iron and steel pan cooking.

mexicans dont use copper pans

LRN2READ

Not true i have this same pan and i use it to make candy and cook steaks even cooking

I have that pan, and I like it. I'm not a professional though. I just cook at home for family and friends. It's a good pan if you need a pan. It won't revolutionize your life though.

>square pan
... For what purpose?

They can be handy for making one dish casseroles

that """copper""" pan is not copper, it's ceramic and it's a meme. real copper pans are not a meme.

Tinned copper pans are the ultimate meme pan.

>He buys his pans in tins

How low can America get?

Read some reviews on this, it is pure shit.

Sticking true to the midwest stereotype of being illiterate, I see.

I want to get a carbon steel pan.

The thing is, I fucking hate heavy pans because I'm a skeleton. I gave my cast iron to a friend because it was too heavy.

I think I want to get a de buyer la lyonnaise pan, which is only 1mm thick, compared to the other models which are 2.5-3mm.

Are there any downsides to thinner carbon steel pans?

Buy one, that way when you wanna eat you gotta lift, two bird with one stone grub and gains

Thinner pans/pots tend to have less even heat distribution, and cool down much more when food is added.

Thin stainless pans are pretty shit, I don't see how a thin carbon steel would be much different.

If you have a gas stove it is probably fine since the heat is much more even than on electric anyway.

Did you drop out of school?

Isn't that just bronze?

Copper lined with stainless steel is top tier. Only bested by silver pans with lining.

It only acts like how the commercials say for the first few uses. Afterwards it is nonstick, but not dramatically so, and metal utensils will still scratch it. Otherwise it's all right.

No, it's not alloyed. They are pure copper pans with a layer of tin on the inside. A layer of tin which erodes quite quickly, so you have to keep getting it retinned.

It's an OK pan. My dad just bought this exact pan and has used it for every meal now. He made a frittata in it today and it slid right out and cooked evenly. So far its holding up pretty nicely. I mean if you don't already have a non stick pan then yea go ahead and get one.

>The thing is, I fucking hate heavy pans because I'm a skeleton.
or maybe you just being lazy fuck lol

Cast iron and a non stick pan are all you need. But i think all non industrial cookware is a meme. Once youve worked in a kitchen your home cookware feels inferior

>I fucking hate heavy pans because I'm a skeleton.
are you dieting or shit.start smoking pot and get massive munchies and eat like a pig to gain some body mass you skinny bitch

I'm a skeleton too but I will still lug that fucking cast iron around, I need to be prepared in case someone robs my house

bro this is my BMI and I have six cast iron pans

you need to lift more

Dude what the fuck actually cook something in those pans and eat it before Africa tries to claim you back.

Copper is expensive as fuck where I am

how are you alive?

lol

>tfw I'm from Chile
Feels good man