How does Veeky Forums like their coffee?

I prefer either triple black espresso or plain black coffee.

Plain drip coffee

If I'm at a coffee shop an Americano.

Cold brew black

Aeropress with 2 TBSP Half and Half

Cheapest grocery store brand i can buy run through a 25 year old 6 cup coffee maker using the wrong kind of filters.
Top it off with 1% milk.

drip because I'm a jobless college student

other wise a latte at the local conveince store chain

mcdonalds chocolate chip frappe with 7 pumps caramel and 12 pumps chocolate syrup with 4 sugar packets and 50% whole milk, 50% buttermilk

i call it "the gay joe"

Folger's medium roast with some milk and a spoon of sugar

How do you prepare it?

Betcha with a circa 2000 automatic drip machine.

Man, I love one of those big girly mochas, specially with cayenne.

Came in here to post exactly this.

I bought a commercial Bunn machine, it's become my dripper of choice. Usually use home roasted beans.

YOU HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE MY MAIN MAN. I PREFER THE SAME.

Been taking it black lately. So much garbage in those creamers and sweeteners. Takes some getting used to but I'm really beginning to enjoy it straight.

Why do you like it? What does being commercial really mean here?

unless you are brewing very large batches (1.5l or so) then you are most likely making shittier coffee than you need to be. Anything much smaller than that at and the brew bed will be too shallow, contact time will be too short, and you will get some kind of under extraction. If not, then you will be grinding too fine, leading to channeling and uneven extraction. Either way, why didn't you just grab a pour-over of some kind?

Med roast pourover or iced pourover. No milk and sugar.

Espresso or asian style with condensed sweetened milk.
Never really enjoyed black coffee desu.

I go to dunken donuts and order 12 sugar 12 creme.

doesn't the ice just melt and dilute the coffee?

Your water to grounds ratio includes the ice. So that way it gets diluted to the right amount. Also, you grind finer and use more grounds than usual to compensate for brewing with lesser water. You get a really bright cup, which i personally enjoy more.

>Morning
Doubleshot cappuccino with honeyed milk.
Or just plain drip, medium roast. Peaberry for acidity.
>Midday
Actually I prefer tea or milkshakes at this time.
>Afternoon
Mix Green Tea+Coffee Drip.
Or an amaretto latte is good too.
Or affogatto, a big spoonful of ice cream and 2 espresso shots.

Plain black folger's original roast made in a percolator.

At home, just regular coffee with a little sugar.

I will get a mocha of some kind at a coffee shop.

The girliest drink on the menu.

I too enjoy a daily milkshake, very refreshing.

good coffee = black
any other coffee = 1.5 creams

Is there a name for 1 part coffee to 1 part cold milk

Instant Maxwell House made with Keurig
No cream/milk, add sugar

Ristretto or Greek/Turkish

Like i like my rapists, brown, short and leaving a bitter taste in the mouth.

I am confused. Are we talking about coffee? Or are we talking about milkshakes?

Pic related at home. Espresso if I'm in a café.

Drip coffee gets more shit than it deserves 2bh.

>Peaberry for acidity.

What?

I tried espresso for the first time a couple of months ago and that shit was some of the nastiest shit I've ever tried in my entire life. Up there with (what could have been imitation) squid-sushi and some peanut-butter cookies I made once with a cup of salt to 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Coffee is a very risky taste to attempt.
To make my own coffee however, I put some favoring (if using any) at the bottom of a mug with a couple of ice cubes and some sugar, then I pour. It all mixes instead of me having to dirty a spoon or whatever. Top with some cream or milk.

That's a $300 dollar coffee maker. Is it worth the money? Is it any different functionally than a mr coffee?

>$300
Damn. It's 100-200 USD over here in Europe depending on the type.

It doesn't have any fancy features, it simply just werks™. Comes with a 5 year warranty and an additional 5 years if you register on their website.
Meanwhile my Nespresso drinking friends buy a new machine every 6 months or so because they break.

Cold-brew all day erry day.
No ice though because I'm not that much of a faggot.

I see so many people now drinking iced coffee year round. I don't get it.

It has much more even saturation and better temperature control. One of the very very few home drip machines that make passable coffee.

Question: I have a decent DeLonghi espresso machine and I'm looking for an upgrade for Christmas. There's a Breville machine on my works break room and I learned to use the non pressurized filter and proper grinding /tamping to pull a nice shot.
Is the Breville a good buy? If not recommend other options.

thats a damn fine machine you got there. Does it take long to fill up? I mean, for as much as it is I'd expect it to heat up my Folgers pretty quickly.

>implying the temperature at which you brew your coffee is necessarily related to the temperature at which you drink it
What

Medium roast
Medium grind
16:1
3.5 min in the press

Black generic coffee because I like to torture myself for being such a fucking loser.

Breville Dual Boiler is. Anything less not really. And don't get something with a built in grinder, it locks you out of upgrading them separately effectively.

French Press > Double Espresso > Aeropress > Home made latte.

>americano
>watered down espresso

This. French Press is the cheapest and best way to make coffee. It's just usually a pain in the ass if you don't want to grind beans and wait for hot water.

Sugared generic milk coffee because I like to torture myself for being such a fucking loser.

>sugar
>not dad's semen

they add this too now?
wow

A dual boiler sounds like overkill. I don't really need to pump out drinks that fast. I agree on the grinder but a good one is $150+.

French press, sugar with no cream. I buy locally roasted beans but only because I'm too lazy to roast myself and the store is between work and home.

If you drink that on the regular, you should call "a doctor"

Like my women. Black, bitter and preferably fair trade

>grinding your own beans
Is this just a high-society and get-with-the-crowd thing? Does it have something to do with supporting the cause of less labor being forced on the Mexican tribe slaves living on coffee farms and America's last decade apparel and goods?
Do you call it 'free trade' or do you call it worth the flavor?

>I NEED TO KNOW

coffee doesn't get ground anywhere near where it's produced.

yes, it's worth it.

>you would know
You really believe it's worth it; price, effort, and taste?
You really think it wouldn't be cheaper to just have them grind the coffee on base?

@8373050

oh, you're just some sort of odd shitposter. well you got one (You) out of me; that'll be all my man.

One spoonful of Nescafe instant coffee
Three heaped spoonfuls of sugar
Lots of milk

@8373057
Lol, whatever. It's not like I'm against it. Don't coffee machines sometimes come with their own grinders anyway? It's not like it's a new fad or something.
I remember going shopping with my parents when I was a kid and I would try some of the coffee beans from the lever machines they had back then in the stores. They've since taken those things out of there of course, probably because of shitposters like myself. Lol.

@8373113

i don't even know what you're asking now.

Espresso with a lot of milk

It's not about it being a dual boiler, it's about it being their only model capable of consistently good espresso, even ignoring steam completely.

And $150+ is a good brew grinder. For espresso it's a hell of a lot more. You can get just barely passable for espresso with a Feldgrind for that.

Honestly, the listed his budget at $600 in the other thread, which is basically don't even bother with espresso level.

I'm not going to drop a couple of grand on such an espresso setup when I'm content with the one that Breville model makes. I do it everyday and the coffee is always good.

@8373118
>i don't even know what you're asking now.
Do you not know what a question mark implies? The manner for which I asked a question, the only question in that post, was not rhetorical. However, I did already know the answer, thus I was being a smartass. And I'm sorry.
>I was being bitter. I hadn't had my coffee yet.

>espresso without cream
I bet you pretend it tastes good, too. I bet you think it's authentic.

What are your guys' preferred dark roasts?
Trying to find something for me ma

here in Portugal everybody drinks esperesso without cream every single day and we love it.
Personally I drink it without any sugar too.

He's just trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about

I've had some excellent espressi but you're right, it's usually terrible. Especially in Italy.

black

If it's not in a test tube, I ain't drinking it. Plebs.

The same way I like my women

Unconscious

what are you even doing

half and half and some sugar

Thanks user.

Thanon.

Gold Blend, with milk.

I love proper coffee. I even got a job at Starbucks during uni purely because I loved coffee so much (okay they're not fucking artisans but they actually have a very large range of different filter coffees, and the espresso blend isn't that bad really)

But I am not going to take time out of my day to make an Aeropress or french press coffee in the morning. Too much fucking effort. Too much fucking cleaning. Gold Blend is just bish bash bosh and you're done.

If I went into a place and they served coffee like this. I'd flip the table.

Or...

I'd imagine flipping the table while I quietly sipped my overpriced coffee and I'd leave a nice tip for the waitress because I think if I do so she might want to sleep with me.

>5 min walk from roastery
>the coffee is great
>ethically sourced
>not much more expensive than nescafe shit
I'm pretty happy with this as an espresso or a flat white if I have a bit more time to sit down. You won't get better coffee anywhere else in the UK as far as I'm concerned

I'm getting the small cup-one model for Christmas. Always wanted a moccamaster but didn't want anything that made too much coffee. Seems pretty ideal.

I've a mazzer super jolly already so which should definitely be overkill in terms of drip coffee.

On special occasions i buy this blend of coffee that called fog cutter. I then run it through my shit coffee maker and drink it with a dash of whole milk.
If i'm being a basic bitch though i'll get a macchiato from Starbucks and have them put extra espresso and vanilla in it

It won't be overkill. Traditional espresso grinders are god awful at drip.

But you don't have to clean the Aeropress after use and it's incredibly quick - pour in water, depress the plunger, you have coffee. Drink instant by all means if it's what you like, but it sounds like you're operating it wrong if it requires any significant effort or you have to clean up afterwards.

Weak and white - like my men.

>Newcastle
Disgusting

You have vanilla in a macchiato? The fuck is wrong with you?

Although I suspect you mean a caramel macchiato which is a completely different thing, and a completely made up thing by Starbucks, and is a total pile of sugary shite (unless you go for the sugar-free syrups I guess, but you probably don't), you fucking moronic pleb who doesn't even know what the fuck I'm talking about because you don't know what a fucking macchiato actually is

Maybe, might create too many fines. There's a guy I know selling an unopened baratza encore for €100 never used but my kitchen is already full of coffee things, so I was going to leave it.

maxwell house colombian is really good. I use a gold plated drip filter.

>complaining about water content in your 98% water beverage

>Aeropress
>Plastic with hot liquids

Enjoy your cancer.

>b-but it's BPA free!

Who is worse, coffee snobs or wine snobs?

Wine snobs hands down, sommelier is one of the most bullshit job titles in existence.

>hot liquids

If you're that worried about cancer, you should probably avoid hot drinks whatever they're prepared in.

>implying the anticancer effect from coffee and tea don't statistically overweight the procarcinogen effects of drinking literally boiling water every day (you know, waiting for it to cool down is a thing, right?)

but hey, it's not my choice to consume endocrine disruptors :^)

Grinding your own beans is a great idea. If you drink enough of it to go through a pound quickly you can get away with doing it at the store

Roasting your own beans is getting trendy but I don't think people know how to properly do it yet

>@

Coffee