Hey /ck

Hey /ck
I just bought some thyme from the grocery store. What to do? How to use it in my cooking?

Thx

>supporting the supermarket herb jew.
You can grow that shit indoors. It's the biggest ripoff is to buy herbs at a supermarket.

make butter chicken in the crockpot with lemon and thyme

well i have to buy it to grow it don't I

>buying thyme
kek

Chicken pot pie; coq au vin, bouef bourguignon

>well i have to buy it to grow it don't I
not from a supermarket

you may need a lot of it, but it could make an ok weight to hold down your trash bag

What inclined you to go to the grocery and buy thyme when you have no plan or any idea of how to use it? You're a special kind of retarded.

>walks buy herbs section
>oh what's this called? Thyme? Never heard of it or know how to use it but I'll just buy it anyway
>what do I do with it now?

kys

Whatever you use it for, make sure you shred it by hand, don't chop it. Be careful though, because you could get a lot of thyme on your hands.

>roasted chicken
>lentil soup
>seasoning any poultry for pan cooking
>roasted potatoes
>roasted onions
>roasted sweet potatoes
>chicken soup
>chicken and dumplings
>honey-roasted feta cheese with thyme (appetizer)
>tomato soup
>cream of mushroom or potato soup
>cream sauce for fish, poultry, or seafood
>baked or pan cooked salmon with lemon thyme butter (or any other fish with lemon thyme butter)
>white bean soup
>quiche Lorraine or any other quiche that features onions and/or smoked meats or chicken
>Herb omelette
>coq au vin (stewed chicken in wine)
>beef stew with mushrooms
>pot roast
>herb vinaigrette for salads and marinating

>

My favourite way of using thyme is to serve anything with a sprig of it on the side. I'll nibble a few leaves before eating whatever is served. Perfection.

You could either tie them up with other herbs to make a bouquet garni that you remove after cooking or use your fingers to remove the leaves from the stems. (which are pretty woody and best discarded) Thyme goes well in almost all savory dishes.

Generally, fresh herbs should be added towards the end of the cooking process and dried towards the beginning.

Whip up a meringue, dust it over the thyme, put in a food dehydrator.

Make white chocolate sauce.

Candied thyme and white chocolate sauce.

Mcfucking kill yourself

>coq au vin
THIS

its so fucking simple and it's motherfucking grandma-tier delicious.

Why does some have a wooden stem with longer leafs and other thyme has rounder flatter leafs with a green soft material instead of wooden stems? whats the difference between the two?

lemon thyme untermensh reporting in

Fuck you, I'm having the thyme of my life.

age of plant

Makes the GOAT chicken stock.