Is PF Chang any good?

Is PF Chang any good?
a friend of mine is taking me to one tomorrow and after looking over the menu online it just looks like a more expensive american chinese resturant

am i just better off going to a greasy cheap american chinese resturant or a chinese mall food court place?

You're better off going to a greasy dog-peddling Chinese takeout place.

P.F. Chong's sells Chinese food but prepared with mostly fresh ingredients instead of stuff that's frozen or obtained from a pre-made distributor. You get what you pay for, but for Americanized Chinese food that's $12 a plate its not worth it when I can get a literal bucket of fried rice for that much at my local Cat Butcher and Chinese Food Emporium.

This guy is exactly right. Food will prolly taste similar if not the same, but will be miles cheaper.
Just don't be there when the FBI busts it for sex trafficking.
I miss you China Wok & Donuts. You died too young. Just like the sex slaves you apparently sold in the back.

>Is PF Chang any good?
no
>it just looks like a more expensive american chinese resturant
it is
>am i just better off going to a greasy cheap american chinese resturant or a chinese mall food court place?
maybe, maybe not. if you have a chinatown anywhere near you prolly better to go there.

PF Chang is for white suburban people who are too afraid of going to a restaurant run by chinks

Dude I have no idea what these other people are so pissed off about.

PF Chang's is delicious. It's like chinese food from your favorite local dump but even better.

Wait, wasn't it a pizzeria and children?

Honey chicken is p good

the banana spring roll dessert is awesome

The chicken isn't awful there like most Chinese places

For me, it's straight up dog shit.

Chinese American here, I don't eat Americanized Chinese food. Everything is sweet as fuck for some reason. It tastes like garbage

Removing peking duck from their menu was a mistake

PF Chang's is the logical evolution of Chinese fast food in America: fusion food masquerading as authentic food to fool people who don't know any better

You're better off going to a Panda Express or better yet, just your local Chinese food place

t. chink

it's okay. honestly, panda express offers the same type of gross oil-soaked food with less ambiance

I don't know. My sister worked at one once, and I always wanted to try it.

It used to be pretty good, but a few years ago they were bought by a private equity firm and really reduced ingredient quality to increase profits.

That's not even clever...

>I wanna take you to McDonalds and then mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich, all over your face

comet ching chong?

Once upon a time PF Changs was basically perfect American Chinese food.

But then they started switching up shit on the menu, removing sauces, using cheaper ingredients, and fucking up their most famous appetizers. All the while while increasing the price but decreasing the portion size

Some MBA fuck head really made the chain go down hill. Its still better than a lot of the other American chinese places, but thats mostly because any new Chinese restaurant that pops up in recent years is serving mostly actual Chinese food if they care about quality at all and most of the hipstery white people stick their nose up and can't appreciate the excellence of good American Chinese food.

I don't trust Asian food prepared and served by white people.

I don't trust food served by yellow people period.

I don't trust food.

>most of the hipstery white people stick their nose up and can't appreciate the excellence of good American Chinese food.
To be fair Chinese American food is the product of another time. It stopped evolving in the late 1970's. The most recent dish on the menu is General Tso's chicken. It's a window into what Americans though was exotic. And while it's still popular it shouldn't be surprising that a number of people choose to avoid a style of food that happens to be both greasy and sugary at the same time.

Theres no reason that American Chinese food can't be brought along into the modern era with hamburgers, BBQ, and other American dishes

itt : mad chinks

>ree the evil MBA kkkapitalists ruined muh hipster joint
lmao been seeing a lot of this meme on Veeky Forums

so many nu-males here

They're urban cuckolds mad because it's mainstream and not some fucking shithole that serves dog

He is right though.

When the bean-counters start running the company, they cut costs that affect quality. They usually have no concept of the industry they work in, and they continue to cut quality and they can't figure out why sales go down.

Not just the food industry, it's widespread. It doesn't matter if you save 5% quarterly if you lose 35% of you customer base and tarnish the company name.

na

Veeky Forums is just mad it left their region and got mainstream

never
ever
EVER
give people on this garbage website the benefit of the doubt

remember that you are discussing things with the most garbage human beings the world has ever seen

this board this website exists for region wars and shitposting

muh MBA boogeyman is usually just a cover for "fuck i'm mad as fuck the people on got my restraurant ergo its bad now"

I don't trust.

>never give people on this website the benifit of the doubt

Thanks for the advice. (You)'re post dropped.

There's no reason it couldn't be, but it hasn't been. It's moribund, basically frozen in the late 70's. I think the reason for this is that the adventurous eaters moved on to regional Chinese cuisines decades ago, leaving the more conservative eaters with Chinese American. These folks know what they like, and that's all the order anyways. With customers like that innovating the menu wouldn't be good for business.

A place like PFC knows better than to mess with the food, but they can mess with the format of how it's served. Their format is table service in a middlebrow sit down environment instead of take out. But it's the same 1970's Chinese American food, just looking a little better because it's presented on plates instead of in cardboard boxes.

I went a few weeks ago and was entirely unimpressed. I could get better food at the local chinese joint for much less.