Is it autism?

is it autism?

No it's an Asian.

Aspergers maybe

No he makes Sushi, not burgers.

wellat least it's not assburgers.

Japanese culture in general is pure autism. Everything about it.

No. It's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

They took that out of the DSM

No. It's camera angles, lighting, hipsters and buzzwords like umami

*and tons of msg

looks liek a tortoise to me

underrated

Still in icd-10 though!

He has work ethic

It's marketing. He has purveyors who give him "exclusive" access to their fish and rice. He only uses "handmade" soy and vinegar products from producers who have been in business for generations (despite improvements in manufacturing and changing preferences). He has a "special" way of rinsing the rice (how many fuck ways can you really do it). You have to spend a lifetime of unwavering servitude to prove your worthiness in his restaurant (only when you've rinsed rice everyday for 30 years can you truly understand sushi).

It's a cult of personality.

agreed, in a world of fancy french bake offs and michelin whatevers, this dude is a pioneer in the modernist, 'less is more' age

lel

It's folded into autism spectrum disorder.

Why do Americans get so mad at people who master their trade?

We've had cheap industrially produced food for so long that many people consider anything fancier than that to be automatically pretentious.

This guy always looks like he's dead but I bet he's healthier than my 25 year old self with his weeb diet.

There is no difference between a day of learning to rinse rice vs. 30 years. Pretending to have mastered the art of rinsing rice is the very definition of pretentious.

"attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

Cooking perfect sushi rice? With training, probably master it in less than a month.

Maybe its not about learning how to rinse rice....but learning discipline you bellend. Also its 10 years.

I'm with you bro, I don't think it takes anywhere near that long to master perfect sushi rice. I was simply answering user's question, that's all.

>attempting to impress

No need to fear that you'll be impressed. He is fully aware it's useless to cast pearls before swine.