TRUMP GRILL WORST RESTAURANT IN AMERICA

TRUMP GRILL WORST RESTAURANT IN AMERICA

vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/trump-grill-review

could they possibly think this way because of the name attached to it Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ny.eater.com/2016/1/21/10809092/nyc-donald-trump-restuarant
trumptowerny.com/trump-grill-lunch-menu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trump has a feud with VF going back to 1992. Here's a more realistic review:
ny.eater.com/2016/1/21/10809092/nyc-donald-trump-restuarant

They probably think this because it's true, like most everything Trump does that involves the public.

>Donald Trump is “a poor person’s idea of a rich person"

Seems about right.

I trust Vanity Fair as much as I could throw them.

It looks nice. Didn't read the article but are they basing this on a price-to-plate ratio or service?

They're basing this on the fact that all of the food & drink was shit.

The thing between Trump and Vanity Fair goes way back. Trump hates Graydon Carter for calling him a "short fingered vulgarian" in Spy magazine back in the 80's. Then he took over VF in 1992. When Carter got into the restaurant business he and Trump have taken turns panning each others' places for years. It's just an old bitchfight between a couple rich guys.

>could they possibly think this way because of the name attached to it

No.

some quotes from the review:

>Our waiter, coiffed and charming, was determined to gaslight us into thinking we were having a good time. “Trump gets the taco bowl and the lasagna and baked ziti,” he said, before subsequently informing the table that we could not order the lasagna or baked ziti. I asked the waiter what Trump’s children eat. He didn’t seem to understand the question, or, like Marco Rubio, appeared unable to depart from his prescribed talking points.“Oh, I’ve shaken hands with him before, and they’re pretty normal-sized hands,” he responded.

>"The allure of Trump’s restaurant, like the candidate, is that it seems like a cheap version of rich. The inconsistent menus—literally, my menu was missing dishes that I found on my dining partners’—were chock-full of steakhouse classics doused with unnecessarily high-end ingredients. The dumplings, for instance, come with soy sauce topped with truffle oil, and the crostini is served with both hummus and ricotta, two exotic ingredients that should still never be combined. The menu itself would like to impress diners with how important it is, randomly capitalizing fancy words like “Prosciutto” and “Julienned” (and, strangely, ”House Salad”)."

and finally this monstrosity

That can't possibly be real.

quality on par with china

>hummus
>exotic

it's not real, he removed the olive from the toothpick visibly sittin on the table and dropped it in.

Sure, the olive is the problem there.

>martini
>in a wine glass
>with ice

yeah it's the olive

funniest thing is the menu was probably hand-picked and personally greenlighted by his majesty, PEOTUS, "The" Donald Trump

think critically idiots, you aren't getting the olive out of a glass like that without pouring out the drink. he moved it to another glass.

if it's not a vodka martini, then what drink is served in a wine glass with ice?

So it's all a conspiracy?

>you aren't getting the olive out of a glass like that without pouring out the drink

you can ask for ice. and wine. it's a bar. he could've asked for it shitty on purpose.

From Eater:

"Yet who could resist the Billionaire Martini ($20)? Fabricated from Chopin potato vodka and Noilly Prat vermouth, the rim is spanned by a skewer of pimento-stuffed olives and baby plum tomatoes, which dribble grease untidily onto the surface of the cocktail."

fucking ouch

Sure sure, it all makes perfect sense. This is the most obvious and logical explanation.

No doubt the restaurant critic also phoned ahead and told them to make sure the entire experience was shitty, too.

>Ask for a drink to be as shit as possible.
>Complains about it on his blog later.

it's called slander and it's a thing that exists.

that's not real, he just ordered some appetizer skewers and a glass of dirty water

t. drumpftard

>grease
Wouldn't that be brine? Isn't a brine pickled olive the whole point of an olive in a martini?

Am I a crazy person?

>“Oh, I’ve shaken hands with him before, and they’re pretty normal-sized hands,” he responded

trump is still better than all the politicians. I think that is the point voters were trying to make.

He's ugly, but everyone else is much uglier. They're just better at concealing it. Trump is more out in the open about his flaws.

it's slander. i'd blame it on him being prez but it's been going for decades.

It is brine, the person is just retarded.

the tomatos are probably not brined

it would mix with the alcohol/water tho. Not sit on top

some olympic-tier level of mental gymnastics
Can't you even entertain the idea that the simplest conclusion might actually be true *cough* Occams razer
These reviews totally remind me of that NYT review of Guy Fieris Manhattan restaurant.

>Hummus.
>EXOTIC.

I need a minute.

calm thine titters, user

I thought the drumpftard would give away the ironic jest but it seems that both sides of the american political spectrum are just a bunch of autistic manchildren who can't help but throw shitfits when something does not match their precious head cannon

t. not even american you dolt

that looks worse than the longhorn steakhouse plates i used to serve in rural south carolina. what the actual fuck.

You post was unfortunately not so ridiculous as to be assumed a joke, which is pretty sad

that's some "wifey material" tumblr shit right there

The steak looks like something I was legit served in an Applebee's once, over 10 years ago.

>hummus
>ingredient

It just gets better the more you think about it.

Been there, most of the shit posted on that article is completely false and made up, so is this

>Everything is made up!
>Even the reviews from before Donald ran for President!
>It's all fake!

Can't insult the God King Trump, can we?

>These reviews totally remind me of that NYT review of Guy Fieris Manhattan restaurant.
It's about the same level of terrible and overpriced. But as of this moment both are profitable. Because there is a kind of rich diner who doesn't care about the quality of the food. They just want to eat at the place where they know they'll be dining with other people like them. This is how the Rainbow Room and the 21 Club have stayed in business. The Cipriani restaurants actually have OK food, but their crazy prices keep out all but the ultra rich, so they become go to spots for that crowd.

The bottom line is that in a place like NYC plenty of very expensive places can do well serving food that ranges from the comically bad to the mediocre as long as certain kinds of wealthy people consider them destination spots. (Of course the wealthy people who are actually into good food are dropping the same $$$ to eat at places where the food is actually good as well. My point is good food is not a prerequisite to attracting rich people - Trump's brand has exploited the fact than plenty of rich people have shit taste for years).

I've been there, but I've never eaten there. Overall seems kinda MEH-tier...like not bad but nothing fancy. It's probably overpriced for what it is.

>let me inject half-assed political opinions that I've only developed by reading stuff on a thai pistachio aficionados forum

>paying any attention to this obviously bised shit

why does the current media have to be so fucking juvenile? What ever happened to ethics in journalism? Even if the article is 100% true I still can't fucking trust a source like that

you'll be first against the wall, you know

>rich diner

No. That's the trick. They *think* they are; or they've saved up and are, at that exact moment, cash rich. But "rich"? No.

Donald has made a lot of money from convincing lower-middle and working class people that they're being "up market" buying his tat, and this is just another example of this. Make it sound fancy, make it superficially look "classy" and rake in those honest, hard-worked for dollars.

I think you're reading way too much into that post my friend

that, or you're just an autistic amerifat throwing a textbook tantrum over the opinions of an unknown annonymous person in a peruvian figure dancing BBS

that or Im having fun on a bulgarian latex fetish support site

I think so, but it's possible the bartender to not know that, and use whatever olives he found.
The tomatoes however, I can't imagine being brined. Raw or in olive oil, idk.

The restaurant looks like a shitty tourist trap, but judging Trump solely on that would be like judging French cuisine based on Parisian tourist traps.
Except that Parisian touristic restaurants don't try to be pretentious (beside using French words).

>but judging Trump solely on that

...no one is judging Donald solely on that, don't worry.

I disagree. Donald's brand has made a lot of money off people who managed to become relatively wealthy but never cultivated anything beyond lower middle and working class tastes. Lower middle and working class people do not buy $20+ hamburgers ever, because for that price they expect a steak. Trump's brand is all about saying "you can afford to spend the money, but you're not such a pleb as to actually give a shit about what you're getting for it". The act of spending the money is all that counts, because being able to do so is proof you're a winner.

We already know Trump has no taste in food and i wouldn't expect his novelty name-plastered franchise restaurants to be good either

t. trump voter

When you go into Trump Tower the tackiness really is striking.

lol liberals are so butthurt

this one's on me, then
[spoiler]enjoy :)[/spoiler]

reviewpres

I think we're saying the same thing, but coming at it from different angles. Certainly there's some "aspirational" aspect to Donalds branding; lots of cheap "gold" and cut-glass "diamond" for example E.g. stick some mediocre frozen steaks in a heavy cardboard box with gold printing on it; that's gotta be classy, right? Same deal with this Grill(e); thin wood veneer, cheap pictures in tacky picture frames, capitalise "julienne" for no good reason: ohhh, what a class act!

I'm a chef first and a liberal second

Shit food is more important to me than politics

why does all journalism read like oped articles now?

journalism is dead

But it isn't really working class and lower middle class people who buy this stuff, because they can't afford Trump's prices. It's people with money who have the same aesthetics as the lower middle and working class aspire to.

Calling him out on this shit back in the 80's is exactly why he has the ongoing feud with Graydon Carter and Vanity Fair. This has been Trump's thing from the start - tacky displays of opulence. This is a guy who had a suit, boots and a limo all in matching burgundy back in the day.

To be fair restaurant reviews are by nature the reviewer's opinion, based on his experience with local eateries and knowledge of food. It's the only thing more op ed than travel writing.

they should be opinion on food

it doesnt need to be plastered with pithy jabs at a candidate you dont like, just say the food is shit

if the ambiance of his name plastered everywhere is off-putting to the ambiance, thats reasonable to mention.

paralleling every single flaw to the personality of the 'owner' is not journalism

>X said something I don't like
>they must have some ulterior motive. or it's a DNC conspiracy.

maybe it's just a shitty value

would that really be surprising? Trump isn't exactly unknown for selling mediocrity as high class.

Written by a gook.

Disregard.

It's fucking horseshit. Regardless if the restaurant is shit or not (and I seriously doubt anyone on here has been to it to give us a reliable anecdote), the politics mean accusations of bias clutter up any real criticisms or lack of criticisms thereof. If you call it shit, you're a libtard. If you call it great, you're a trumpet. If you call it mediocre, you're faffing and should just pick a fucking side already.

It's bananas. All this over a fucking restaurant.

Is it worth it, people? Is it really worth it to you?

The best food writers always give you a sense of their personality. This is for good reason. Different people value different things in restaurants. For example Sietsema at Eater NY: He wrote for Gourmet back in the day and the Voice, but his thing has always been adventurous cheap eats, and when he reviews an upscale place he always zeroes in on the food. He puts that up front in his reviews to show if you're someone more concerned with image or ambiance he might not be the food writer you ought to be reading.

And let's not forget that while to the rest of the country Trump might only be as fresh as his reality shows to New Yorkers this dude is has been a character on the scene for over forty years. Having an opinion about him as a New Yorker is likely something you've had for most or all of your life, as far as most of us are concerned. He represents a very specific kind of real estate development that manages to be grandiose and tacky at the same time. Saying his restaurants are in line with that is hardly a political statement here.

t. cletus

ITT:
>Leave politics out of it and just talk about how incredible the restaurant owned by our new God is!

t. still crying more than a month later

>omg isn't trump literally hitler i am literally shaking not my president i'm with her

It's just some crappy hotel restaurant

Here's the menu. Is this considered expensive in NYC?

trumptowerny.com/trump-grill-lunch-menu

that's rather poorfag for NYC

still just overpriced hotel restaurant food though

The food does look like shit and probably taste like it too, but pardon my autism, but I counted 23 sentences aimed directly at Trump, Trump's family, his politics and other politicians.

So I assume a majority of the negativity stems mainly from Trump as a person and not based solely on the restaurant's quality.

Get out Vanity shill

When have you ever had a greasy tomato?

>vanity fair
>journalism

You are part of the problem, user.

when they are pickled in olive oil, plebeian scum

>So I assume a majority of the negativity stems mainly from Trump as a person and not based solely on the restaurant's quality.
No shit, Sherlock.
Should I inform Captain Obvious?

>implying trump doesn't want everyone talking about his shitty restaurant to deflect attention away from the fact that he was supposed to be holding a press conference today explaining how he's going to avoid multiple constitutional infractions by holding onto his business interests once he's in office

People are fucking retarded if they don't see that he's doing a con job on them for the dozenth time already.

Steak genuinely looks like garbage, everything else looks meh aside from the dessert plating, which looks like it came straight out of the 1990s.

>multiple constitutional infractions by holding onto his business interests once he's in office
That doesnt exist for the President

>...

I'd bet my life, the life of my family, and my testicles being removed via torture that this review was written without the person have ever been inside the restaurant .

Are you also one of those tards who doesn't even think Trump should release his tax returns?

Because its what gets the most clicks and angry outraged comments, which lead to more clicks.

Truffle oil, high end, this bitch must be some fly over retard that moved into NYC, her inner hillbilly is showing. Humus and ricotta should never be combined, was probably crumbled feta type paste they serve next to humus, like I said, the reviewer is probably some hillbilly fly over state hick.

>be garde manger station
>see this """"""""""salad""""""""""
if i put this in my own window i would neck myself holy shit. i mean the individual parts look fine. the lettuce isn't rusty. there isn't watery shit everywhere. the person that made this just didn't fucking CARE. it actually looks like they had all the shit mashed into a plastic quart container and just dumped it right onto the plate without tossing it in a moon bowl or something first to even it out and make it look good. god damn, man. shameful.

The President cannot have conflicts of interest by law.

I know it felt good to pretend you knew things, but you consider that you actually don't

Same. I thought of a McDonald's salad shaker when I first saw it. No effort put into the plating whatsoever.

I don't know why people harp so much on the tax returns when his entire financial filings were released at the start of the entire campaign

"no"

You'd bet wrong. Sl don't do that in a situation where that might actually matter.

The President and Vice president are exempt from conflict of interest laws. Come to /news/ sometime you may learn something.