Cheap teriyaki

one day I discovered Sarku Japan at my local mall and my life was changed. a plate of chicken teriyaki for $6? fuck me awesome.

then today I found a local place that did the same thing. it was ok. no sarku japan though.

what are your favorite cheap teriyaki places? do they even have those where you live?

Other urls found in this thread:

snapguide.com/guides/make-sarkus-japan-chicken-teriyaki/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your waifu a shit.

Here in Seattle, the birthplace of chicken teriyaki, our streets are paved with the stuff. All strip malls are required by municipal statute to have a minimum of one teriyaki joint. Our faucets have a third knob for teriyaki sauce, and a fourth knob for that sticky sweet salad dressing. When you stop at a traffic light Koreans knock on your window and try to force teriyaki and evangelical Christian leaflets into your car. All restaurant meals are served with a side of wet iceberg lettuce mixed with three strips of carrot and one sliver of purple cabbage, just in case the main dish is teriyaki, which it is. I'm eating chicken teriyaki right now, and I don't even know how it got here or when I started eating it. Our state bird is chicken teriyaki.

>Evangelical Christian leaflets into your car.

Every fucking time.

I visited some friends in Olympia earlier this year, and they were adamant about making teriyaki one of our meals. We went to Happy Teriyaki #3 (they insisted that the "#3" was vital), and it was good.

I guess all teriyaki chicken in the area is cut up the same way, in these strips?

I fucking love Sarku Japan.

That's how proper Seattle teriyaki is constructed. There's a law.

My go-to place is Happy at the Bay #10 Teriyaki. There are not nine others, but there is a #15. Neither are near bays.

I'm from seattle but live in Texas and just up the street from me they opened a 'seattle-style' teriyaki joint. It's legit for sure.

sarku dope AF
if you ever want to make it at home I can tell you this recipe is about as close as possible
snapguide.com/guides/make-sarkus-japan-chicken-teriyaki/

The teriyaki joint in the mall food court by me is a guilty pleasure

Chicken teriyaki with noodles and double meat. S/o and i split it and its only $10.75 with a drink. The best comfort food money can buy.

God damn it. It teriyaki the meme of this god damn month; kill yourself

Yea dude happy happy was my jam in highschool.

Sarku Japan is very nice

>Our state bird is chicken teriyaki.
Is this pasta? Because if not this user is getting fucking slept on

I too have discovered the wonder of mall chicken teriyaki. The Chinese place next to it has been closed and i was peeved i wasn't going to get orange chicken, so i tried the Japanese place. Their chicken teriyaki plate + fried rice + veggies was $6 and it was very yummy.

I just make it myself desu

Most places either remove the skin or let it get soft in a warming tray but crispy chicken skin covered in good teriyaki sauce is downright orgasmic.

>When you stop at a traffic light Koreans knock on your window and try to force teriyaki and evangelical Christian leaflets into your car.
>Our state bird is chicken teriyaki.

Not enough sauce on that chicken.

I lost my shit

fuck off anthony bourdain

Kek. Also a Seattleite and can confirm this is 100% true. Seems like pho has been giving teriyaki a run for its money here over the last 5 years.

Got some Sarku tonight thanks to this thread.

>tfw you ask the Sarku man for an extra ladle of sauce.
>he looks at you, smiles and obliges
>cum buckets

Why would Seattle be a center for teriyaki? Seattle is an American city. idgi

I had one in a mall in Illinois (Yorktown in Downers Grove/Darien). This shit was absolutely phenomenal
>tfw i moved to Chicago and never found a replacement as good as this

Because super sweet slightly asian/soy sauce glazed chicken originated in some immigrant in the pacific northwest creating "teriyaki chicken" at some point. Teriyaki chicken is not asian, it's northwestern American. It's the "Japanese" version of general tsao's chicken, and it's origins are unsurprising, but rooted in the pacific northwest. That's it.