I want to make the "leaked KFC recipe" fried chicken

I want to make the "leaked KFC recipe" fried chicken.

It's gonns require me to spend $50+ in spices.

Should I buy the smallest containers or will buying bigger containers be an investment?

Are there brands you recommend I get or avoid?

For me, I'd get the biggest containers. If you want to stock your kitchen with spices and not have to do this shit every time you actually want to make your own chicken this is a good idea.

Probably a good idea to be stocked for other things too

Are organic spices/seasonings worth looking into or a meme?

Dude the spices are one part of the chicken but the other part is they pressure cooker fry it.

You still wouldn't be able to recreate it accurately without a pressure fryer, which is both fucking expensive and fucking dangerous if you're not careful.

I say skip the KFC clone and get yourself a real fried chicken recipe for a hell of a lot less in cost of spices.

Organic is a barely regulated meme for idiots who like ingesting rotenone.

>$50+
Do you know how much KFC you could buy for that much you fucking dolt

>FOR ME

People report good results just deep frying it.

Can you get a decent enough pressure cooker under $50?

Maybe like 25 pieces if no sides?

>Can you get a decent enough pressure cooker under $50?

no lol even basic models run like $900

you can just deep fry it, but it would be just deep fried chicken that happens to have KFC seasoning.

I dunno but ive never pressure cooker fried anything so I don't know how dangerous it is.

Amazon has a bunch for under $200 though?

>For me
it is the mcchicken

No memeing, the mcchicken genuinely not bad?

It's the one thing I've never ate at Mcdonalds, I've had burgers, fish, and all the breakfast menu but always passed on the mcchicken.

its pretty tasty. its like a big chicken nugget on bread.

Pressure fryer is only important because it shortens cooking time enough to churn out fast food. You can easily get same results at 1 atm.

32 pieces (two 16 piece buckets). Or spend fifty on spices that may or may not be the real recipe and fry without a pressure cooker then go to KFC afterwards because you fucked up so bad

for me it's the best fast food sandwich

It's really, really hard to fuck up chicken.

Yeah the McChicken's pretty good. I recommend it with fries and a McD's ranch packet and buffalo packet, that's how I always ate them.

If you're in the U.S., go look at the spices in the "international" aisle in the grocery store, or at Walmart. The spices there will be 1/3 the price of the spice brands in the baking aisle. One brand in particular, Badia, is almost always the least expensive. I think it's a Florida-based company. Anyway, I just checked the online prices for that brand and found it's almost 2x the price as in-store prices of the same brand. Personally, I've found the quality higher than premium brands because they're fresher from faster rotation.

100% wrong when youre dealing with oil. Pressure cookers are important when using water for increasing water temperature via pressure allowing you to cook something in water above the boiling point.

A pressure fryer, on the other hand, doesnt need to deal with temperature as frying temps are usually ~1.5x higher than water boiling temps. What a pressure fryer does it pressurize the chamber so that steam coming out from the meat while it fries (the bubbles you would normally see in an atmospheric frier) is lessened due to the raised water boiling temperature. This cooks the inside more quickly as the water content inside the meat can get above 100C, and also results in a juicier end product as less moisture is lost from the meat via steam.

You cannot achieve the same end result with just deep frying. If you use the cheap pressure cookers (meant for water) to do oil, get ready for a world of hurt.

>standard pressure cookers to fry

Your information is quite accurate. However, you should have emphasized that if you attempt to fry in a standard pressure cooker as opposed to a frying pressure cooker, you could suffer serious, life altering injury, or even death.

>buy temporary overpriced chicken
>or potentially make good fried chicken and learn how to cook

fatty

Just work on unlocking the secret of their gravy.

lol

Why don't you take your money and just go down and get a bucket from KFC. It's way cheaper and besides, you should only be eating fried chicken once every six months or so and fast food about once a year. So pace yourself, fatty

Water flour and salt. Lots of salt. Brown food coloring. Unlocked.

While I can't afford anything else there, I go to Central Market/Whole Foods for special, one-time spices like this.

I needed clove and sage and some other shit for Thanksgiving, and I knew I would never use it again. The little self-serve spice cubbies are great, as you can get exactly how much you need, and it only costs a few cents.