/smg/ - Stock Market General

Amyris FOMO edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Attached: praise_the_germ_master.jpg (656x732, 81K)

Should I fomo buy AMRS at market price at the open ?

Attached: extreme_sweat.jpg (426x341, 119K)

Yeah

With the guidance given by Melo, my model shows an average of 50% growth with 65% of gross margin for the next 5 years. EBITDA for 2018 and return to profitability are inline with their forecast.

Even with 90M of shares oustanding, my DCF model gives an SP of 20$ (and with conservative discount and maturity rates).

After and pre market actions suggest people are simply valuing AMRS at 1.5 times its projected 2018 sales (~195M$). That P/S ratio is the same as before the ER.

I think I gonna bite the bullet.

Morning all

I made so much money on AMRS these past few months..

Are you gonna buy some more today ?

>bought into BPMX
>sold off AMRS after being burned

sometimes you play the memes and sometimes the memes play you

I'm trying to figure that out. I have options that expire, so I'll close those, but then I still have another 400 shares I have to figure out what to do with.

Recently, I had some XON, which is a competitor of AMRS (they even referred to them in a presentation).

XON surged 25% after earnings and stay at that level ever since.

Maybe AMRS will play out that way

Is this AMRS thing going to run up from the shorts covering? I should probably just hold my 400 shares so they can't have them.

I just want to swing this ALN for a small profit and move on. March 21st will be one year since I started trading and I’d like to hit 300% gainz. I might allow myself a little time though cause for three months after Hurricane (((Harvey))) I never even opened the app cause I was too busy rebuilding my cuckshed. Some user told me I was gonna lose my pizza money so I want to be a petty bitch and run it in his face.

Attached: B1149EBB-C2A3-419E-8781-83971DA8ECF9.jpg (3264x2448, 2.86M)

I think BPMX will hit a dollar by year end, I'm holding

I didn't buy AMRS because I thought you were all full of shit and now I missed the train. Sorry for mocking you

Hopefully today's gonna be a good day for FNGU at least

I have met many very smart people. But very few open minded ones.
I am glad I took a look into AMRS one more time after being burned.

How do you buy right at the market open ? (my broker don't do premarket)
Do you just slap a "at market" order ?

Yes, but the price might fluctuate, you could do a limit order but then if the price takes off you're kinda fucked

amrs price predictions today?

I think I gonna put a buy order slightly over the last pre market price.

flat, but with volatility. don't buy today if you missed the train

>mfw AMRS will actually be dumped

Anyway, just bought more [email protected]$

Attached: creepy_red_wojak.jpg (1305x1265, 495K)

What's the /smg/ approved broker for leafs?

>mfw dumped my 20 amyrs shares for like 130% profit

>mfw gonna buy back in after this dip

Attached: FE596F19-4DE4-4026-8C19-3E3383E51356.jpg (640x413, 24K)

And
Here
We
Go

Predictions on market today? Bull, Bear or Jew

>20 shares

Attached: 1520458856628.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

>implying the Jew doesn’t run both bull and bear

I wonder if it would actually be sensible to sell my AMRS shares after the volume is around 3M-4M, when nearly all the shorts covered.

Did you listen user?
>AMRS n chill

Attached: anon did you listen?.png (1536x280, 61K)

I was holding a small amount of puts
gomen

Pls no bully us poorfags. We’re just trying to learn.

Don't worry
Our genius investor Big5Guy bought puts too and predicted AMRS is due for a dump since it is a meme penny stock

Whoops I was closing my long calls and sold too many and now am short a call, Should I cover or just let them take 100 shares away?

i doubled my money on my calls and i am now loading up on puts, never said i bought puts, said i am going to be loading up on puts.. maybe you should go back and read my post.

ALT earnings after market close today, lots of good news coming from this company, get in while it's cheap.

anybody else make a decent bit of cash on mga yesterday?

AMYRIS and BPMX... easiest money I’ve ever made. What’s the next memestock boys? I made like $50 off of BIOC the other day but that’s because of the genius leprauchan guy on StockTwits.

Any bros still have SUNRUN?
I'm hoping it reaches $8 by the end of this month

Attached: 1520022010104.png (839x526, 25K)

RIP this guy

shorting bonds, longing vix, what else is good when the FED does shit? JNUG?

Missed the fuck out baka

nothing, it's all just a meme

maybe bank stocks might get shaken up, they're a lil over stretched imo

Looks loke amrs buy zone is right here for the bounce back up folks

Do you want to kys yet?

A little
I knew the bogs were waiting for me
Guess I learn my lesson

Attached: 4EDF2725-4D32-477B-AAD2-0E977D3DAE97.jpg (600x885, 43K)

>tfw sold my INO bags too early

What's up with AMRS familia? People just taking profits and then it'll moon again, r-right?

The company’s actually decent and it’ll continue going up, but slower. Exceeding earning expectations by like 1488% is nothing to ignore. No more easy money though.

yup, markets and straight lines, oil and water.

>1488%
did hitler become CEO or CFO or something?

Attached: 1367101840700.png (761x420, 119K)

I’m joking. The actual amount was like 1436.8%, or something. In any case the fact that AMYRIS murdered expectations for once and has a successful retail line means it’s no longer a meme. Also remember that the company’s management team is a bunch of battle-hardened barbarians who somehow protected the company through financial turmoil.

Market so boring /smg/ is dying

We just have to find the next biomeme to shill.

It's not boring, sellers are really putting on the pressure in the futures markets. Some pretty significant amounts of contracts are being laid out in the limit orders at each price.

It's slow moving upward, interspersed with brief explosive movements as some larger sell limit orders get pulled/short stops get hit.

So Nazi AMRS is single handedly fighting off the bears.
That's what I'm getting from this.

I've just started building my portfolio. Do I have a good mix of ETFs for long term growth? What can I do better?

Account on the left is a normal investing account, the one on the right is my Roth IRA.

Attached: Portfolio.png (1929x532, 62K)

we need a drawfag to draw hitler in a suit fighting off bears with an AMRS armband holding makeup and lipstick

Everything is so dull now that AMRS actually delivered

Yeah my life is empty again, as perhaps it always was.

Why healthcare specifically? Also, if you want to be long on this stuff, have you considered holding leveraged etfs instead of these 1x dealios?

Guys. XXII. Buy the dip. It's going to moon once the US mandates lower nicotine levels in tobacco.

user gettin deep, lol.

I've had this on my radar but we need democrats in charge to do such a thing. Republicans won't.

Its the sector I'm looking at that I think has the most growth potential in the coming decades. I might buy a couple of leveraged ETFs to round out. But I'm just looking to mirror the market for the most part.

Sorry, should just say it simply: Lots of supply is needed to get through to push prices higher, causing slower movements in the indices.

Attached: 1517542333604.gif (800x528, 662K)

>Apple right now

Hm. What would be your "rounding it out" strategy with the mix of leveraged and 1x etfs, if you don't mind my interrogating? Personally, when I want to go long on a sector like that, I like to go hard in the paint buying a leveraged etf on margin. Then I play with covered calls, which hedges it a bit. Maybe that's an agressive brainlet noob strategy, I don't know.

Why is 6PG,F so low?

actually that should say: lots of supply has to be cleared to push prices higher

>KTOS under $10 again

wew

AAAAHHHHHH I HAVE 500 WHERE DO I PUT IT?!

Attached: Zoinks.jpg (400x400, 18K)

I was just about to ask what's up with them lately. Is this a buy?

wait for $8

They're hitting the bid hard, time to long SPXS.

Just throw it into VTI and forget about it for 30 years.

Where da TVIX gang at???

Attached: Smile.png (1440x1656, 1.46M)

Yeah I guess at this rate they'd be there in no time.

Bear exposure or volatility

SPXS or TVIX

news some short seller is beating it down.

I'm gonna squeeze him with my $40

Right here

SPY is Pepsi.

Also, just noticed I haven't been tripfaggin

How in the fuck did it reach 6.70 today, the market hasn't recovered it was 6.70 a a week ago.

It is based on volatility (VIX) not on SP price. Movements have been very small

>actually thinking critically
good lad. this quarters gonna rule
>AMRS
sold some off on that first run, set a limit down at 6.25 and bought it back right on the bounce. still got 1250. my memelines worked out for me perfectly

sold those guys last week sometime for a small gain, it looked like it was getting held down so i got out, then it tumbled. ER next wednesday i think so i might buy some monday or tuesday and sell before tuesday close.

is anyone out there playing XXII? it was up 5% in PM and then macheted down and found bottom around 2.45. i guess they got their FDA approval so a lot of people sold, but theres some shorts to squeeze if we get some help

$VERI

Bully. Rather than risk my entire savings while learning. Why not risk half a check

Lunchtime checkup! (CDT)

What're you eating, how're you doing?

I'm having some sorta buffalo chicken melt and potato wedges and I'm up 5% today. BGFV and AMRS are literally memeing me to the top.

I heard talks of people holding UVXY and or TVIX over the weekend, I thought holding over the weekend was suicide? Or am I still too much of a brainlet?

Attached: DSC_0162.jpg (3840x2160, 2.48M)

>XXII
Do you not agree this would be a lot more promising with a Democrat majority government?

woah short attack on XXII, might have to split, come on bulls

You literally disgust me

I'm sorry you feel that way, have you ever thought of using a filter to create your own Utopia?

I like seeing your food :)

>I heard talks of people holding UVXY and or TVIX over the weekend

This is in the anticipation of the FED FUD. UVXY is an advanced meme, most of the time holding it over the weekend is suicide, but there's always exceptions as the market is really fucking fickle.

Ignoring the problem doesn't fix it.

Thanks, I don't really do it to post food, I just like letting people have a chance to talk about how they're doing today, back when this thread was slower it was a good way to keep it off page 10 but now I just post it like a tradition

what is that? it's making me hungry

i kinda like seeing the food too

I used 0% maturity rate and 15% discount rate for my DCF model

The share count is the fully diluted 90M

AMRS should be valued with growth company metrics such as P/S

I got burned today by my FOMO but I am now pretty confident with this stock long term

Ah, I see. I'll take a look at it, I got extra capital from that LBCC swing but I'm not as well versed in this

I mean, I'm flattered you think of me while I'm gone

>I just like letting people have a chance to talk about how they're doing today
Not bad, actually. I think the lithium my psychiatrist just gave me (as an auxiliary antidepressant, I'm not bipolar) may be doing something.

It's cubed buffalo chicken, blue cheese, and pickled onions on a pretzel roll. It's better than it looks desu.