What are some ways to make chicken that aren't so fucking bland? Something that goes with rice, preferably...

What are some ways to make chicken that aren't so fucking bland? Something that goes with rice, preferably, though I'm open to anything else as well?

Pic is one example

Other urls found in this thread:

rasamalaysia.com/tag/chicken/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't use chicken breasts.

Braised thighs in a white wine, tarragon and cream sauce.
Subtle, elegant.

How come? What should I be using, then?

Pretty much anything else, but especially the thighs. They're much cheaper to boot.

Jumbalaya, chicken cacciatore, gumbo, even a rice casserole with cream of mushroom. Like the other user said, use legs or thighs; fuck the breasts. That's probably your problem.

Saute some cutlets or skin-on parts and make a nice pan sauce with white wine or brandy and some cream, butter, and herbs. Very easy and always a hit.

kfc

Chicken teriyaki. Use thighs.

Pick a region. Just about everyone has some braised, sauced, or just straight up spiced and grilled deliciousness that plays well with rice of some kind.

Bones and skin included when possible, even if only for broth/sauce purposes.

Add flavors

what's going to suck is when chicken thighs catch on in a huge way and farms/distributors increase the price to reflect that.

cheap delicious chicken, you are not long for this world.

Here's a bunch of good recipes, once you get past the mandatory blogposting rasamalaysia.com/tag/chicken/

Basically, herbs, spices and sauces. is right, fuck chicken breasts, they're the beige of chicken.

Make sure you're actually using enough salt too.

chicken piccata hnnngg

chicken breast is fine, you just need to pound the hell out of it. and then stuff it with cheese.

Is that a fucking slab of butter in the back? That's fucking overkill right there.

It's clearly on some mashed potatoes you fucking mong

I find chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, tex/mex seasonings and hot sauce mixed together with a bit of hot water and boiled in the microwave for about 8-10 minutes makes a great sauce to go with grilled chicken and basmati rice delicious

>was without an oven for a few weeks for unspecified reasons so all I had was a microwave and foreman grill so had to go mcgyver on it for a while and discovered this beauty and have been eating it since, even long after getting my oven back

Anytime I need to stuff a meat with cheese or some other shit, then I know I chose the wrong cut or didn't know how to cook it. Grow up. Breasts suck. Use thighs or legs.

Breasts are great for quick-cook applications. Breading and frying, grilling, stir frying... Just don't overcook them.

Dark meat is more flavourful, cheaper, and harder to overcook... so, yes, superior, but white meat has it's place.

Are you sure it needs that long? Only the onions need to cook and a about two minutes should be enough for those

chicken breasts are pretty much just all protein with no fat or collagen so they have little inherent flavor of their own. the only reasons to pick breast over another cut are convenience (they cook extremely quickly) and dieting (relatively low-fat), and both of those are stupid reasons

Chili powder
Garlic powder
onion powder
Paprika
Cumin (just a little)
salt and pepper
soy sauce (just a little)

serve over rice with peanuts and sunflower seeds

Never gonna make it brah

probably not, but I find it gives more time for the seasonings to meld with the tomatoes/hot sauce and leaves a better broth

Cut into strips.
Chili powder, pepper, paprika, cayenne-pepper and bit of curry.
Fry in olive oil, add onions and then zuchinis+paprikas + pepperonis if you have them and finally tomatos and red thai curry paste.

>cayenne-pepper
>curry powder
>olive oil
>pepperonis
>thai curry paste

This isn't fusion food, it's a gang rape.

Coq a vin or chicken chausseur are simple and good chicken stews. Pair well with pastas like pappardelle.

Fricassee!

don't be an american with no taste buds

>What are some ways to make chicken that aren't so fucking bland?

There's already tons of tips about seasoning here so I won't repeat that.

But don't forget that your technique has a huge effect on how tasty the chicken is. Even with zero additional ingredients you ought to be able to make chicken tasty by making sure you brown it.

Also consider buying better chicken. Modern factory-farmed chicken is very cheap but it's lacking in flavor. Try and get a free-range chicken or "buddhist style" from an Asian market. Those birds will have less breast meat but will be MUCH tastier. It's night-and-day compared to normal supermarket chicken.

OBSESSED

a delicious chickeny chicken should be enough for anyone.

One of my favorite sites. Good taste, user.

I absolutely recommend these two, I have them often and they are by no means bland.

Look up food wishes chicken breast on youtube. It's insanely simple, delicious, and cost effective.

OP, I make a yogurt chicken curry with skinless chicken on the bone (breasts or thighs), which marinates overnight, and then goes from the fridge to the oven. I use two cups of plain yogurt, to which I add garam masala, garlic, ginger, etc. Bakes in the marinade and makes a nice creamy sauce you can garnish with cilantro or more chilies. Great with some basmati, which I spike with cinnamon and bay leaves, and touch of olive oil. Just a hint of flavor, not quite a pilaf.

I also do a dump and bake chicken meal, that is amazing as leftovers too. Again, 3-4 large bone-in chicken breasts in a 9x11 pyrex, just rubbed with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper (or shake of tony cachere). Bake 350F for 20 minutes til browned, add 1lb of diana brand valencia pearl rice (has a nice risotto texture), 1 large can of whole tomatoes, onions, garlic, Throw in your spent lime halves to get roasted. A can of water/broth/wine. Cover tightly, and bake another 30-40 minutes. The chicken juices flavors the rice and makes it sticky good. There's alternating bites of tomato, tart or bitter rice near the lime peel, rich sticky rice and the chicken comes out moist. I serve with rolls or garlic bread.

there's literally 100s of ways to do that m8, be more specific

looks awful desu

4u

Not sure if that'll actually happen. Boneless skinless breasts are insanely popular because they are the thing that reminds people the least of an actual animal since the general public seems to be pussies when it comes to food.

>least like an animal

wtf? If not an animal, what does it "remind" them of, cardboard?

I just like the taste

Grey meat is so-so and i dont like connective tissue.

People who eat a chicken wing and consume everything but the dry bone are less evolved than me.

Get frozen chicken breast and bake or boil it without any seasoning, nice full-flavored experience

wrap it bacon and bake or saute it with sausage

Buy quality meat.

>Chicken cordon bleu
Classic

>People who eat a chicken wing and consume everything but the dry bone are less evolved than me.