Korean food thread

Korean food thread

Post your Korean stuff

I've never had Korean food.
There isn't one Korean place in my city. There are over a million people in my city, and not a single Korean restaurant.

It's at the top of my list of cuisine to try.

is that budae jjigae?

Korean food is super based but you can definitely get sick of it. All the food is super salty, spicy, and sweet. It's kinda nigger tier to be honest, and they even have fried chicken.

Still love it but it's not fancy food at all

>it's not fancy food at all

every single korean food ive ever seen is fancy

not to say its good all the time

It was listed as budae Shabu but it's pretty much the same.

Fuckin love Japchae, bulgolgi and gimbap

not everything that is spicy is nigger. korean food is basically chinese-japanese + lots of chili

Korean seafood is pretty amazing. Really hard to choose a favorite

>they dont even have fried chicken
Are you actually retarded?

>tfw had a half korean friend and his mom would make kickass bulgolgi

You haven't had traditional Seoul region food.

It's kinda bland, but there is a lot of subtle touches with the texture, etc.

Seoul's style of cuisine is quite different from the rest of Korea due to influences from cooks of the royal household.

>a fish with some lemon

if only I could try that unique cuisine without having to fly to korea.

No it's not. Korean food differs a lot from both Chinese and Japanese food. Just because it's stuck in between those countries doesn't make it a mix of the two.

There are lots of differences but theres also tons of similarities. OPs pic looks like overly spicy nabe for instance

Actually looks more closely at it now it seems pretty gross. Instant noodles, American cheese, and what looks like cheap flat bread.

Bibinbap is fucking awesome when you have it freshly made in a market by some decrepit old granny.

Kimchi is my life-force, as it just has everything; sour, spicy, (((umami))), and it's usually free.

It's a good cuisine, but god help you if you don't like spicy food or meat.

Stay away from my dog.

I've always felt the Cholla-do region had the most flavorful food. More spicy and flavorful than Seoul. All of the best home cooks I've known have been from Cholla-do. Coincidentally, that's where most of the really innovative Korea artists in all mediums come from.

That particular picture is of army base stew, so you can blame the western influences for the processed cheese and hot dogs.

Makguksu beats everything.

Korean food makes me super sick. Seriously. IDK why, I can eat any other asian food just fine, but every time I've eaten in a korean place, I end up throwing up and feeling like I'm dying. Wtf is up with that.

Make it yourself and see if it still happens. I'll reserve judgment on your fortitude till afterwards.

But where is the tomato sauce?

>All the food is super salty, spicy, and sweet. It's kinda nigger tier to be honest

where have you had Korean food, none of that is true
its hard to find good quality food in the states, but real korean food isn't like that at all

You need to get your eyes checked.

I lived in ROK for a few years. I'd have lunches and dinners everyday with my counterparts everyday. When the weather was cold, we'd usually get samgyetang.

>Hongeohoe on that plate

No thanks.

Kinda looks like it

shit, i made that a few weeks ago at home, really simple and so good

I love that dish too

>only two korean restaurants in town
>the only things they do well are jjigae and japchae
I just want a bowl of mulnaengmyeon
is that so much to ask

I wasted a year of my life teaching little gooks how to speak English right in Seoul. I live in Toronto now and I gotta say, the Korean food in Toronto is, at its worst as good as Seoul's Korean food, and at its best way better than Seoul's Korean food.

That flat bread looking thing is actually fish cake.
I'm korean, and I eat and cook Korean on a daily basis. Even I think that dish is fucked up. It's just a mix mash of every cheap processed food that became popular because of western influence from the army. The origins of this dish was out of necessity. After the Korean war people were starving. So they gathered what food they could find and trade with G.I.s and just mixed it all together and made this stew. This used to be poor people food. Now for some stupid reason it became hip to eat again in Korea. The amount of salt in this dish is ridiculous.

Dude, that's my go to for anytime I get the cold or the flu. Also, with that gotta have the soju.

I'd wager big money the good Korean restaurants in Toronto are owned by immigrants originally from Cholla-do, not Seoul.

it is for this time of year. noodles in cold broth is a summer time food fampai

Wtf. Chicken broth with a whole chicken? How are you supposed to eat that without getting it everywhere?

Trust me, it is not something you'll get right the first time, especially with korean chop sticks.

You also have to remember that asian food ettiquette is much less... graceful than the west.

I find people in the west have way worse manners in general

Are you allowed to use your hands at all? To hold a drum stick for example. I'm a complete chopstick noob, and this would be a disaster. I can see the chicken rolling around in the bowl if I were to try to pick at the meat.

You'd be best off with a fork. It takes pretty seasoned chopstick usage

No reason why you couldn't use a fork though

>eating $2,000 purebred Jindo dog

pls no

>Asians find it to polite to be a loud, obnoxious asshole
Yeah, no.

I work at a Korean restaurant. Management sucks but the food is good. I probably get bbq more than a busser can really afford.
Pic is when they used to feed us. Now they don't even let us have banchan.