Poverty/plebian food general

What is some good poverty/plebian food?
>one that I like is buying oats and lentils in bulk
>also can you make mashed potatoes with out butte, cream or milk?

Why would you think you can't mash potatoes without dairy fat?

bread sandwiches

Can you be so stupid as to be confused with a real person? I doubt it. Your shipost failed.

For me it is rice and beans, the best poverty food.

Bread and Peanut butter

oh also the cheapest possible frozen foods from Aldi's 1.99 for Salisbury steak, 1200+ calories of pure poverty and laziness

Who here /generic mac n cheese mixed with condensed mushroom soup/ here?

I don't even add butter or milk. It's perfect just the way it is.

I mean does it taste any good just mashing potatoes and not using anything else?
>out of money until Monday so have to forgo the luxury that is butter

>Walk into the grocery store
>Walk past the $.55/lb bananas
>Walk past the $1.05/lb broccoli
>Walk past the $.45/lb red potatoes
>Walk past the $.80/lb out of season tomatoes
>Walk into the instant dinner aisle and buy 10 cups of 2-ounce Kraft microwaveable dinners for $9.95

It's edible, but it'll be bland as all fuck. At least use salt or something. Salted potatoes are also bland, but it's more bearable than plain.

Maybe you should stick to a baked potato or something.

To expand on what this user said, invest in spices.

It'll help when you have bland food like this and even small container will last forever.

Do you have ketchup? If so, just chop the potatoes up so they're roughly the same size as your ring finger and bake them at 400 for 20 minutes. They'll come out with fluffy insides and if you eat them with ketchup then they'll taste okay too.

What the fuvk is wrong with you pussies? i boiled 3 large potatoes for 40min, mashed those suckers the fuck up, mixed in sriracha and had the tastest dinner ever

Multilayered breading samwich deluxe

Instant mashed potatoes my friend

Please learn to greentext

>pat of butter

oooooh, look at mister Rockefeller, here!

my staple lately has been garlic and oil pasta and these easy ass shit spinach-arugula salads

I'll never understand what's wrong with the British.

That's because you mixed it with shit you dumbass.

FOR ME , ITS THE MCCHICKEN; THE BEST FAST FOOD SANDMICH.

sriracha is expensive as shit you nigger

put eggs, shredded cheese, picante sauce and tortillas all in one giant pan and cook it up wok style. that's what i do. its fuckin delicious and works as a power food.

You, but to get that dairy fat creaminess you'll want to have a high powered food processor (a robocoupe will do, a cuisinart not) and more liquid than you expected. If you're just avoiding dairy or animal products, a neutral oil will add more body and richness, but you can also add something with more flavor if it pairs well with the rest of your food.

>potatoes, ginger, and onions.
>turmeric,cumin, fennel, basil, coriander, dried red chiles, and lemon juice

potatoe curry OP, pices may cost you some but after that it's smooth sailing. Also go to asian grocery stores near you when shopping, check there for ingredients first before heading elsewhere.

that's how poverty works.

food processor will make them gloopy

This is not a thing it's a Veeky Forums meme.

They invented the modern world, what has your country done?

Oats, beans, rice and poultry. Buy spices and survive.

Buy a Crock-Pot... Potatoes,sweet potatoes, carrots. And go to a butcher in your nearest market or grocery store. Ask for the cheapest meat special. Get 2 lb of chicken for 3 bucks... Plus the veggies... Salt. Oil. Buy a glove of garlic if you wana be fancy. Slice all. Throw in. Leave for work.... Come back to a meal for. A week. You poor fuckin excuse.

>Veeky Forums meme

>A toast sandwich is a sandwich made by putting a thin slice of toast between two thin slices of bread with a layer of butter, and adding salt and pepper to taste. Its origins can be traced to the Victorian years. A recipe for making it is included in the 1861 Book of Household Management by Isabella Beeton.[1]
I didn't know people around here traveled through time.

>they invented the modern world

Nah that was Japan you limey bastard.

>Japan
>modern world.
Don't think so.

What's wrong fuccboi? Don't want to admit Japan is 10 times better than your country?

I used too feel the same way until I realized that Japan is responsible for all of the advancements we have today.

You think Alexander Graham Bell really invented the cell phone? Nah it was the Japanese.

You think we could have gotten this far without japan's innovations on cars and machinery? Think again loser.

You think the entertainment industry wouldn't be complete shit without anime? Yeah get fucked.

>You think Alexander Graham Bell really invented the cell phone
Nope. No one does you dumb fucking weeb. Martin Cooper invented the cell phone and he's American.
>Anime
Now I know you're trolling.
Fuck off.

How nice of you to troll my argument and pretend I'm the troll.

Rice with tuna, about as poorfag as it gets around here.

posting some of my favourites

condoms aren't cheap

You can't put a price on protection.

does the water really have AIDS?
Why not just find cleaner water

rate my pleb food
>instant rice
>shredded cheddar
>chicken nuggers
>frozen peas
>mix
>voila

>Waterlogged hotdogs

stfu

its so the dogs dont expand

a cup of soup with rice

it's so all the Sausage's juice are kept inside

What were the working class of your country eating in 1861?

eating other people

Corn pone and fried pork fatback with a piping hot bowl of pokeweed, turnip greens or collards for the more well to do. The poorer, leave out the fatback.

>go to asian grocery stores near you when shopping
I can second this heartily, particularly with herbs and spices where you can get a good two to three times the mass for the price of getting them from a big supermarket.
Though it's often a bit less convenent since they'll come in plastic bags instead of jars, but that's what clothes pegs are for.

I sure do love me some cheap shit tier deli meats once a fortnight

lel