Be me, in Japan

>be me, in Japan
>want to make a turkey for Christmas
>only have pic related
>toaster oven but doesn't seem to have temperature settings

Is it feasible?

Steam it, then broil the individual pieces to crisp the skin.

>Steam Oven
That's why.

A WHOLE turkey? Unlikely. And even if you just did a breast or something, it's not going to get crispy or brown in a steam oven.
Just order KFC for Christmas like the rest of your Jap friends do.

Weeb

Is there anything I might be able to make in this thing? A Christmas chicken? Or something else whole, rack of lamb, etc.

fly home for xmas instead - oh you are a broke english teacher and can't afford it.

I think you could get away with a ham.
Lamb might be okay.
You're going to be pretty restricted by how big that oven is.

Just have KFC like everyone else.

Haha no.

You're fucked.

There's no fucking way, unless you do a breast and then crisp it up on a hot pan at the end.

To all of those recommending KFC; I'm not quite sure, but I think I heard somewhere that you need to reserve your order of "furaido chiken" way before Christmas, so that might be a no go.

>rack of lamb
Definitely not a roast, but you certainly could braise one on the stovetop (please tell me you have a stovetop/hob/burner in your animeland hut). Lamb rack, stock, red wine, carrots, celery, onion, the usual herbs, maybe find some Christmas-y spice that would work well in there and escapes me. Serve it with some mashed/au gratin potatoes and asparagus/green beans, and ya' golden.

the button with the upright and upside down triangle seem to be used to adjust the temperature. there seems to be preset settings programmed in for chicken and pork from the stuff on the door so maybe with some adjustment might work somehow?

That's such a cute cake. Why can't we have that here in America

>tfw no kowai KFC cake to go along with the kara age I'll be eating with my daki on Christmas

>be christmas
>go to kfc like a normal japanese person and not some otaku shutin
>???
>profit

Buy a cheep halogen oven and a turkey crown.

>steam oven
no

It has a button that says temperature control, so I GUESS you can set it. When i was in Japan I roasted a whole stuffed chicken in a oven like this, it turned out fine, but took longer than a regular oven. So I'd say you can roast a turkey, as long as it fits in the oven.

Okay, I'm going to be a good guy. See that button with オーブン written? That's what you press to turn it into a oven, for roast. Not a toaster. Right down it, there's another button with 温度 written. The one with triangles indicating up and down. Thats where you set the temperature. The rest you can figure out by yourself.

No. You have two choices. Buy a convection oven at KojimaDenki Bic Camera or similar, or find a fiend who has one. I got a buddy who owned an Italian restaurant in Chiba to roast two turkeys for me one Christmas back in 2007. Hell of a party.

Go to the Fukashima plant and set the turkey near it.
And wait for about two hours.

Option 3: buy a smoker at Costco and do it low and slow outside. I did that for a BBQ the same year.

do you have a burner? I was in a similar situation for thanksgiving so I made a bunch of tendies out of turkey breast.

Did you brine it? If not its gonna taste like shit

yes

t. Mr Bean

A fire and a spit my man.

Just cook it on the roof of a school just like they do in my Japanese anime.

I think it's a microwave with grill, so if you could get the grill to work yes.

Good luck.

>cant spean japanese
>move to japan anyways

literally kill yourself OP
it has instructions on the fucking microwave on what to do

>ohh gaisu, i donnt know hao to cooku mai hottopoketto in amerika no maikuruwe-bu
>impossibru! herupu me 四ちゃん
_(:3 」∠)_

kek. I didn't realize japs knew how to be sarcastic. I guess your culture has evolved a bit since you fell in love with 'murrican culture.

underrated

wew

I marinated it in a bottle of that injectable turkey flavoring

I'm here for two weeks you mong, staying at my gf's apartment :^)

>japanese gf
>such a beta cant ask girlfriend how to make tendie

( ՞ਊ ՞)die

i think the right suggestion is to go to kfc

Assuming all this was true a small bird like a Cornish game hen or a few quail would work.

I want to do something special for us for Christmas and she doesn't know either, because she doesn't know about cooking whole birds.

You met your gf who has an apartment in nippon? Dumb faggot