Why do Americans torment their offspring by forcing them to eat this...

Why do Americans torment their offspring by forcing them to eat this? Do Americans equate healthy food with suffering and disgust to such an extant that they feel that the mazhohistic experience of eating the most disgusting veggies will purify their bodies the most?

Broccoli is the 2nd best vegetable.

Get out.

>mazhohistic

wow

whats veg No 1?

Asparagus, of course.

>He doesn't have a sense of humor

>torment
>suffering
>disgust

It's just shitty cooks with shitty cooking techniques.

Forcing their shitty cooking on their shitty kids.

>Do Americans equate healthy food with suffering and disgust
Yes

I see no lie here

Brussel sprouts are 3rd btw

>the mazhohistic experience of eating the most disgusting veggies will purify their bodies the most?

No, they just can't cook well so the dish comes out poorly.

I thought I hated broccoli when I was a kid. Turns out that the real problem was that my mom couldn't cook it for shit. Once I learned to cook on my own I find that shit delicious.

>>he can't spell

fixed that for you.

>i-i was just kidding haha!

My nigger.

>extant
>mazhohistic

Neck yourself, kid.

this is the story of american food, yes.

I could easily go the rest of my life eating only potatoes and broccolli for my vegetable intake.

These days I flatout ban anyone else in my house cooking broccolli because they boil it to fuck leaving what looks like a troll's sneeze on a plate.

O B S E S S E S ED

BROCOLLI IS IN TOP 3 VEGETABLES BAR NONE.

>Broccoli tastes bad

I swear, this is something only white people say

Do you also like eating moist pencils ? Broccoli is by far no 1.

Another question: why are the most common vegetables served at the family table either broccoli or carrots? Is this the power of the globalist agenda?

I DISAGREE. IM GOING TO PUT POTATOES AND CORN BOTH ABOVE BROCCOLI IN TERMS OF TOTALS SERVED.

because they're somewhat sweet and therefore more acceptable for kids

It was always potatoes and corn above all in my house, with broccoli at a distant third

Gtfo

You guys are cool.

Steamed broccoli is best vegetable followed by pan cooked Brussels sprouts

>Not pan cooked asparagus

You fucked up, son.

Oh c'mon it's not that bad.

Broccoli has an amazing texture, absorbs flavour incredibly well and tastes good just on it's own.
I can't really think of a more versatile vegetable besides potato desu.

Steamed broccoli and brussels sprouts are literally the best food of all time

My son has always loved vegetables, though I steam/pan fry and lightly season them, never serve raw. Dunno if that's why.

>My wife's son has always loved vegetables
FTFY

All throughout my youth TV shows told me I was supposed to hate broccoli because I was a kid and kids hate it.

And all through my youth I never met another kid that disliked unless they were poorly raised shitty kids that didn't eat any veggies.

Indeed. I forgot my mandatory meme to spice up the post a bit.

I think the veggie stigmatization is due to parents not introducing veggies early in life and leeting the kids slide by or purposefully stunting their palette. It sounds cliche, I know, but ever since my son had teeth I'd feed him what we were eating (home cooked meals with veggies). Weird little shit doesn't care much for soda or candy either. We always have the fridge stocked with water, sometimes have flavor packets and will buy flavored drinks/soda here and there, but he will always go for straight water. It's the weirdest thing, but I don't mind it, of course.

Just raise your kids at the get go with real food, I suppose. I might just be one hell of a lucky parent, who knows.

obvious bait
Broccoli is top tier, arguably best green vegetable.

I'd simplify it a bit more - despite the nostalgia value the reality is most people are shit cooks and despite loving mother's special she is probably fairly shit at cooking (shit in general, not compared to professional chefs).

Vegetables are the sort of food that you slap in some boiling water and forget about for 30 mins because timmy is being a little shit after school and dear old husband hasn't come home yet and it needs to be ready for his arrival. Sure this all aounds old fashioned but given the sort of age user typically is its still applicable.

If/when I create some crotch spawn I will ensure to shake things up in a way I was never exposed to as a child because mother cooked not because she wanted to but because it was the done thing. To me cooknig is a hobby and while i'm fairly meh at it I do try to broaden my horizons as well as cook things properly.

The old adage of "the water its boiled in is good for you" is because your mother and grandmother cooked things to the point of ruin and never realised it. I cook a good 80% of meals in my household just to stop some of the travesties I have seen at the hands of those who seemingly know better.

I'm not going to win a michelin star but fuck me I won't just serve up meat and two veg if I can help it.

(that said my special skills is cooking things while completely shitfaced).

OP has never eaten broccoli outside of factory cooked ones

I'll agree with that as well. I was blessed with multi tasking and can't fathom how they can forget or not be able to juggle more than one pot at a time. Or slap their kids when they[re acting out. My kid is not an angel but he damn well knows not to bug when I'm cooking, or I'll let him know when we can play if it's something that doesn't need to be looked after.

Maybe I also just had a good mother as a role model in cooking (and rearing).

Your child will be one of the blessed, which is very exciting. Imagine if you raise and inspire a great chef? Woah.

>(that said my special skills is cooking things while completely shitfaced).
Iktf.

Yeah, when I was young, common snacks were carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc simply sliced with salt and pepper. Or if it was something like cereal, it was usually something like plain Chex rather than Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs. My parents stigmatized obviously unhealthy food quite a lot.

The fuck? Americans don't eat broccoli. The grocery stores only stock it to impress superior European immigrants/visitors. Its all for show.

At least you sound like a decent mother even if you are shitfaced while cooking. Maybe your children will have a broader spectrum to form their worldview. I hope so. Perhaps there is hope for 'murrica after all.

>At least you sound like a decent mother

Despite having a penis i'd make a great wife.

> Perhaps there is hope for 'murrica after all.

Jokes on you, I don't live in burgerville.

What an original thread topic!

Good god! I complimented you and your filthy raggamuffins and you insult me. You can't be British, Aussie or even German. You have to be one of the inferiors, in which case there is no hope for you or your filth, spawned between your wife's shit and pisshole.

>Such dramatics

user please. We have both come here to into cooking, not insult (or even praise) a different culture's culinary habits.

Well, after reading all the comments I think it's safe to say that everyone essentially agrees with the op.

>dislike broccoli
>blame imperialist americans

>not liking broccoli

you need to be gassed

'bro 'lo is 10/10 and I could eat that shit literally every day

you got shit taste bruh

Onions are the most versatile by far. Just think about it..

This man right. They're mostly made of wax.

>tfw you get a warning for shitposting even when you weren't but this obvious shitposting thread is allowed to exist

Broccoli is one of the better vegetables.

OP they force their offspring because they don't want them shoving literal cancer down their throats. Some parents just can't fucking cook vegetables, and that's their fault.

I prefer asparagus cut into bite sized pieces and stir fried with chicken with a spicy oil and served with rice.

it's all about ratings and value .

learn to shitpost effectively to create the most value

think reddit, Veeky Forums style

>mazhohistic
Like the Dir en grey song?
Also broccoli is great and you're a fag

How to cook broccoli: cook it for only a minute or so(frozen, longer for fresh), until it turns bright green. Then it's sweet with texture. I notice other people cooking it until it starts to lose its color and become mush. Then it tastes like mushy water.

Carrots have some vitamin C in them. Helps with motivation.

Robbie Rotten

Anglos and Northern + Eastern Euros can't cook so that shouldn't be surprising.

For me? Kale
The best green vegetable

why is cauliflower so good

I still live with mommy and all she does is steam broccoli. And all other vegetables we eat.

I don't dislike them but steamed vegetables and only steamed broccoli for some 18 years straight is pretty brutal

what other ways can you cook vegetals? Preferably not in a crazy fattening way

>and only steamed broccoli
steamed vegetables

sauté, roasting is good. steaming is the healthiest depending on the veg but roasting probably tastes the best.

it's almost as though other people have different palates. crazy concept, I know. opinions? what? haha, crazy. everything you think is fact, not opinion.