I would never ruin a steak with sauce. A true connoisseur only requires salt

>I would never ruin a steak with sauce. A true connoisseur only requires salt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9VxgatSjVQE
vimeo.com/27341806
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t. faggot who doesn't know what an as jous is, or a demi. Sauce on steak is fine as long as you make it and you're not shaking it out of a bottle. It's no worse than faggots who pile mushroom on steak.

It's a meme you dip.

I thought memes were supposed to be popular.

checked

Vintage meme too

A well prepared and cooked steak doesn't require anything.

It requires the butter from the pan.

this and carmalized onions

But what if it's a lower quality cut like top round?

Well yeah, fedora or not, it's true there's no point in adding sauce to a steak, unless you specifically want to taste steak sauce, rather than, you know, steak.

Meeeehhhh. Not if it's grilled or blue from a griddle.

If you want sauce/butter/whatever on it, that's fine. You're making a meal. But good meat, almost regardless of what it is, should be able to stand alone as having the flavour of whatever it is. Possible exception being tripes which if properly prepared and presented should taste of just about nothing!

>coffee, black please

It should still stand alone if properly prepared.

Take an even worse cut, shin. Needs to be slow roasted for hours, literally, to be edible, but is supremely tasty as is straight from the oven.

Sauces make everything taste better.

bearnaise on grilled steak is ultimate.
youtube.com/watch?v=9VxgatSjVQE

vimeo.com/27341806

Yes please!

Nothing wrong with a whipped brandachino if that's what you want. But good coffee is great straight up.

blue steak is for people who are too pussy to eat raw beef, but too stupid to know how to cook it to the correct temperature

make up your mind, and stop ruining your food

You say it should stand alone if properly prepared. Can you give me the short on proper preparation of it? As far as I know letting it get closer to room temp before cooking and using only salt/pepper is what I know.

But steak tastes like near nothing. And I've found that if you don't put any salt, it actually tastes just about like nothing at all.

Steak sucks. Sauce kind of saves it.

raw beef is good, but it has no caramelization.
Caramelization is good.

doubtful. and when deciding whether to add a sauce/butter/whatever, the decision isn't based on whether the meat is good without it but whether it could be better with it.

+1
these plain steak eating bears kinda piss me off

its not even good

caramelization on the outside of blue steak obliterates whatever subtleties existed in the flavor of the raw meat, but the raw meat inside isn't able to develop the full flavor of correctly cooked beef, so basically you have nothing. just ruined lukewarm beef

it's extremely offputting, and the only way to enjoy it is by years of social conditioning by being around idiots who think it's ok

Classic meme

Umm... I like meat to taste of meat I suppose!

Sometimes anyway, I'm fond of a good curry too and I'm not a vegetarian.

>caramelization on the outside of blue steak obliterates whatever subtleties existed in the flavor of the raw meat,

I have a shit palate that can't taste contrasts, so everyone doesn't!

Nice projection.

your social conditioning is taking over, good jahhb. you are definitely no pleb as demonstrated by the fact that you choke down ruined meat while wearing an impenetrable mask of pleasure

Or perhaps by actually appreciating the taste of meat?

I live in a country where it is literally impossible to buy blue steak in a restaurant, ask for it and you'll get rare.

But dammit a good blue steak is... Divine.

>good
>blue steak

pick one, blue steak is the meat equivalent of stabbing an unpeeled onion, snapping an carrot in half, forgetting the celery, pouring oil on top, and calling that mirepoix

No, no it isn't. That would be a blue casserole....

It's the equivalent of washing a carrot and eating it.

maybe if you wash the carrot with soap and eat it without rinsing the soap off

No. Not really. The "cooking" of blue steak is simply a necessary hygiene device.

>The "cooking" of blue steak is simply a necessary hygiene device.

See Eating raw beef is perfectly fine if you have even remotely reasonable standards of hygiene. And if you're worried about parasites, those aren't going to get killed just by searing the outside.

>shin roasted

Braised, dumbass, braised.

Not necessarily, you can straight roast it. But it needs to be really slow.

Storage and transport generally lead to bacteria build up, hence blue.

But whatever floats your boat.

I am a chef at a 2 star restaraunt. I dip my steak in ketchup sometimes. If you care about how other people eat their steak or have it cooked, you are a faggot. Or a woman.

>salt
Get the fuck out

>I dip my steak in ketchup
I did that too.......when I was 12

we never had ketchup growing up and I find it mildly revolting

is this a white people thing? I'm half japanese half taiwanese

caramelized*

a whole year ago?

btw im a grill, pls don't hit on me you creeps

Nah, plenty of blacks soak everything in ketchup, too.

>blacks too
that's what I meant. you all look the same to us, sorry if I wasn't clear

ketchup was originally an asian sauce brought over by asian immigrants.

kecap has about as much in common with ketchup as indian fry bread has with precolumbian cuisine

The only acceptable sauce is gravy and pan juice.

good luck getting those from a grill.

its fine either way desu