I know we have this thread all the time but I've never paid attention until now

I know we have this thread all the time but I've never paid attention until now

I need a frying pan, my teflon coated one is a gonner. What does Veeky Forums recommend? Never used one of the steel ones, are those good?

>inb4 1000 people say get a cast iron pan
I have a cast iron pan, it's great but it's too much work when I just want to fry a damn egg

Other urls found in this thread:

cooksillustrated.com/equipment_reviews/1623-carbon-steel-skillets
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30324545/
youtube.com/watch?v=-suTmUX4Vbk
youtube.com/watch?v=QFrctFla7CE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stainless steel sucks for cooking eggs.

get another teflon and dont use metal tools.

Just get a stainless steel one and don't fuck it up.

if you want your eggs to stick, yes.

I like a cheap t fal and to buy a new one every year or so

That's what butter is for.

I hear good things about carbon steel, but haven't tried it myself

they can still stick. you can season your stainless steel to make it more nonstick but op said seasoning is too much work.

Just get a cheap non-stick you fucking autists.

Then OP is a faggot.

Here you go OP. Microwave egg tray just for you. Try not to suck too many dicks.

Nobody uses stainless steel to cook omelette's. Even if you use butter it will brown which makes for a shit omelette.

>omelette's

learn english

why? carbon steel can be just as nonstick and you get to be like Gordon Ramsay.

>you get to be like Gordon Memesey

Fuck you, Fuck Gordon Ramsey and Fuck White People

The French defined cuisine, faggot. Give them respect.

are we speaking french?

I was.

I don't get it, is there another way to spell omelette?

The french invented the word, and we co-opted it, so that's what we're using.

Next thing you know, you're going to bitch that we say "sushi" and "sashimi" for sliced fish.

It's spelt "Get a fucking life autist"

you used an unnecessary apostrophe. It's omelettes not omelette's.

we're speaking english mate.

Fuck off gay grammarfaggot, nobody care's that you were beaten and bullied by the cool kids in school.

This. Pans take a lot of abuse, and aside from cast iron, the correct thing to do here is go inexpensive and replace it more often.
Even America's Test Kitchen agrees, and they are notorious for recommending expensive shit. T-Fal professional nonstick skillet was their choice.

speaking of cooks illustrated, they gushed over carbon steel, especially when cooking egg's and omelet's.

cooksillustrated.com/equipment_reviews/1623-carbon-steel-skillets

I've just bought one of these

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30324545/

I had considered other stuff like the Lodge pans, but in the end, stainless steel has a wider range o applications that suit my purposes over cast iron.

I considered aluminium, but didn't like the idea of getting Alzheimers.

Copper are too expensive, and not as good as stainless tell.

Getting anything coated in non-stick is quite simply degeneracy and anyone who does so is a mong.

if cast iron, the literal most low maintenance pan of all time, is too much effort for you, you should probably stick to buying food from mcfattys

>spelt

get one of the higher end ones from ikea, it's good enough for non-autist home use, and it's decently priced, around 50 bucks. I bought one years ago and it's pretty much perfect.

Except no
They're pretty nonstick when seasoned but the surface big, not smooth, and they stay hot so wiping them clean is a pain. Food will fall right out of a brand new teflon pan and you can get rid of the remains with literally one swipe of a paper towel.

but you can do that with a carbon steel pan if cast iron is too heavy for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=-suTmUX4Vbk

Seems like the best of both worlds, might have to check it out

Get ceramic, steel won't damage it

>of getting Alzheimers.

Youre as retarded as people that think vaccines gave their child autism .

For about 20 get a green life ceramic coated pan. I've been using mine for almost a year and not a scratch or problem with it. You can literally get it hot as hellfire, drop cheese right on it, and it'll not stick.

Actually I'm a nursefag and work with alzheimers and dementia. The current research is actually finding links between alzheimers and heavy metals. The problem with this though is that it is all theoretical so in the end who fucking knows. Oh and for the record anyone who would rather their kid get polio or measles than give their kid a vaccine because of a study that was debunked YEARS ago is fucking retarded and should be sterilized.

>Get ceramic

Ceramic lasts under a month and then it sticks like fuck.

bump

what are these marble pans like? my housemate bought one recently and it seems pretty good. how durable are they?

Why do people like you think posting like this is a worthwhile way to spend your time?

I'm genuinely curious. Literally eating shit would be a more productive means of your time.

Get a scanpan or tefal bitch, shits cash

i'm obsessed with my VOLLRATH ceramic - nothing sticks to it, it heats quickly and evenly, and even though it's light it's very sturdy. they are pretty cheap too.

I got a set of these, Woll Titanium Nowo.
Never had anything stick to them, super easy to clean.
I guess the downsides are the price and they are heavy as fuck.

>detachable handle
Is that like the velcro shoes of the culinary world?

I guess.
I'm living in a shoe box so it actually comes in handy every now and then, pretty neat fitting a big frying pan in the fridge.

I get a 2 pack of tramontina non-stick pans from costco every couple years. They are probably twice as thick as anything from walmart and come with a riveted metal handle and removable silicone grip. $25 for a pack of two.

I can't relate. Cast iron is my absolute favorite way to get breakfast going in the morning. Takes just a couple of minutes total to fry an egg in butter and then toss in a piece of bread to soak up the rest for toast. Meanwhile I've got some bacon I cooked a few nights in advance reheating in the toaster oven.

I love watching people cook fried eggs in cast iron on YouTube.

youtube.com/watch?v=QFrctFla7CE

>Marble Coating Frying Pan

It's almost certainly "ceramic" with gimmicky look/texture. So non stick for a bit, but not nearly as long lasting as a Tefal.

Get a stainless steel, best pans. Just be sure to use plenty of butter/oil and get the pan hot before you cook and your eggs won't stick much.

They're the most versatile, as you can use them with high heat, with metal utensils, in the oven, and they are easier to care for than cast iron.

>pan hot before you cook and your eggs
that's now how you cook eggs

Not super hot, just not cold. You're not cooking eggs in a cold pan are you? It needs to be hot enough to melt the butter/thin the oil out a bit. I always get perfect over medium eggs with fully cooked white and somewhat runny yolk that way.

Enjoy cancer from the nonstick coating

Fuck off, tinfoiler.

If a penny were donated to cancer research every time someone said "you know the [horrible sounding chemical] in your [common household object] causes cancer, right?" we would have cured cancer by now

>implying I'd expose myself to alzheimers causing foils

Not really. The researchers would be making too much money to actually do anything about the problem and kill the revenue stream

except cancer is inherent to all complex life and completely curing it is impossible, dick

OXYGEN, NIGGA

>have cancer
>get chemotherapy
>stop having cancer
"impossible"

are you actually retarded or just acting like a retard?

what's wrong with what I said

curing cancer is not the same as treating cancer you slack-jawed fuckface

people say "I've been cured" to refer to "I have been treated and am no longer ill" all the time

plus who cares if they prevent it or treat it, the end result of finding a way to not have cancer is the same

>aluminum
>heavy metal

Of it's too much work to dry an egg in cast iron then your doing it wrong or your pan isn't properly seasoned. I make eggs every day in mine. Idk man, if your just wanting a pan for eggs then why not just by another teflon pan?

Fuckin hell---FRY

CAST IRON
A
S
T

I
R
O
N

this, I have one and it's fantastic for eggs.

Why does everyone like cast iron for egg frying? I have a nice cast iron pan, my eggs dont stick to it or anything, but they never taste as good as when I fry them in the teflon pan I have.

If you like "diner eggs" then you like your eggs cooked on carbon steel as the flattop they use is made from it.

AFAICS chromium in stainless steel pans is likely more harmful to your health than PTFE in non stick pans (yes PFOA really screwed over some factory workers, but that's besides the point).

Look up Rock pans. They're fine to cook with, incredibly durable, and not absurdly expensive.

a tfal and a stainless steal

Which is why you stick to cast iron

if you have fucking expensive frying pans, and they stick like fuck after like a year, is there a way to make them ...unstick again?
i heard if you fill the frying pan with salt, and head it to like 9000°C or something, with the salt in it, ... it will work fine again...

What kind of frying pan are you referring to? Sounds like you're describing cast iron, but people use salt to clean not to re-season.

its a meme you dip

Steel are garbage. They stain, they stick, they suck dick. Especially for eggs. Most other things you can make do, but they will ruin your eggs.

Cast iron is the way to go.
>but it's too much work
Get a small one. Easier to clean, perfect for just frying an egg.

you've never been genuine once in your whole life