Is brining a meme?

Butchers i have spoke to tell me not to brine my poultry because it takes away all the flavour, yet all you faggots do all day is say how good it is

Who do i believe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3bieEEYEAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you specifically mean brining meat?

I buy my tuna in brine for 40p a can.
Why would I buy fresh tuna, its the same shit.

Why dont you just try it yourself? Brining is good.

I brine birds all the time - but I haven't tried not putting a bird in brine for a while

Why would it take away flavor? With brown sugar, cloves and rosemary it actually adds a lot not just to the breast meat but it makes the skin nicer too. You can easily crisp up the skin on a brined bird by letting it air dry in the fridge for like a day and/or sprinkling a little baking powder (not soda) into any seasoning you put on the bird after the brine

Check out my fuckin' bird

Brine my turkeys every year. Had someone give me the same argument, did one with and one without, one without was drier and had less flavor. Birds were from the same place, cooked the same way.

Not sure user. What I am sure of however is that Bret Hart was a meme wrestler.

If you buy saline injected factory raised poultry, brining doesn't work. But I suspect your butcher isn't selling that crap, or if he is get a new butcher. I can't for the life of me understand why he would say that, since it clearly improves the flavor and juicyness of poultry.

your trussing sucks. I could stick my hand into the cavity.

Bro my trussing totally stinks pls help I sincerely could not tie my shoes until 2nd grade, my dexterity is shit

How I trussed bird

youtube.com/watch?v=x3bieEEYEAk

Thanks senpai

that looks delicious, the browning is awesome

Baking powder bro - it really crisps up nice with an air dry alone but baking powder helps

Are you blind?

Believe yourself, if YOU don't like it then YOU don't have to do it. Shithead.

Bruh pls
Bret is as far from being a meme wrestler as is possible

The butcher is topnotch and all the shit comes straight from farms, no saline solution shit.
And ive never brined anything before or knowingly eaten brined meat so i couldnt tell you myself, im going purely by what Veeky Forums tells me.
I just mentioned it to him about it as i was ordering my xmas turkey and goose breasts and they all looked at me like i had shit in someones sandwich

Bump

Do you have any suggestions

Just because someone cuts meat, doesn't mean they know how to cook meat.

I find brining adds a little bit of flavor, but only a tiny and for it to work; needs to be done for about 24 hours.....I do it occasionally, but overall, not wroth the time IMO

I never roast, smoke, grill, or fry poultry without first brining. Whole birds for 24 hours, individual pieces 4-8 hours. Noticeably better flavor and texture than when I didn't brine in the past.

If it's chicken or turkey, there's really not that much flavor anyways.

Brine that shit unless its duck.

Yes. Thanks for reminding me, prick.

Im no expert OP, but it does make the chicken more tender, which if you're spicing it anyway is totally worth any erosion of subtlety of flavor. Whats more, chick fil a brines their chicken and it's delicious, so clearly it can be worth it.