What's the deal with airline food?

What's the deal with airline food?

No, seriously, I've never traveled by plane. What exactly is wrong with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

airlinemeals.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

depends on the airline and what class you are flying in. if you aren't a picky eater some of it's not to bad. also the flight length makes a dif. if you are taking a 2 hr hope, all you will get is a can of coke and some pretzels. flying across the Pacific/Atlantic? you might get two meal choices for dinner.

The pressurized cabin reduces your ability to taste. That coupled with the airline wanting cheap, inoffensive food that will satisfy the most people for the least money means everything is really bland.

here, enjoy airlinemeals.net/

If you fly, ask for a kosher meal. They're always better.

Also the Mossad agent might see you eating kosher, think you're a Jew, and spare you during the next "Islamic" terror attack.

I've flown long-haul on dozens of different airlines. Etihad is consistently the best and Aeroflot is by far the worst.

>Aeroflot is by far the worst.
oh god, what did they feed you?

Also heating food at high altitude efficiently is extremely difficult.

I haven't flown in over a decade but I really don't remember them being that noteworthy.

>I haven't flown in over a decade
lol Americans

This.

That and, in general, US flights are fucking awful. Seriously.
I flew Asiana Air and got free whiskey the entire time and got meals very close to this. Also all the stewardesses wear dope 1950's uniforms and the pilots take their jobs very seriously.

i tried opening the link and then my antivirus detected a potential threat for my computer, fuck you

35 years ago, before Reagan and deregulation, airlines competed on quality of service rather than price, and the food was consistently much better. I'm ancient enough to remember it.

Of course, that's when stewardesses were all pretty young women and no one could scream about discrimination, too.

I clicked on this link using a virtual sandbox shoveler and independent "froggy" cyberserum care package. As expected, this is a bad virus, probably the worst I've seen since my work as a freelance nexus merc working on blackhat ops out of Tottori.

I just had to reformat my harddrive, reset the diplomatic algorithm on my CPU, defragment my secondary echo transverser, repopulate my standard paramorph contractor with null terrahertz slipstarts. and reconfigure my wireless modem transponder setup with a Bayesian inference telemetry packager.

Needless to say, do NOT click on this link! You've been warned.

I clicked it. No problems.

I'm also on an ipad

In the US it depends upon the airline and what sort of ticket you've bought. If you're flying coach with southwest airlines or something then don't come here to bitch.

Flying anything other than first class gets you terrible shitty everything.
That meal is economy for an international flight, including unlimited booze. No "2 per hour" limits or anything, you can fucking pound them and they won't stop you.

They're just fucking with you. It's the first result that comes up on google if you type "airline food" or something similar.

Business class is fine but anything below that and you're throwing the dice. The free whiskey sounds nice.

i got business class recently on an international flight and the meal was great

like 4 different courses with short rib as the main

you're never going to get the same quality in coach because the payoff just isnt there. business and first are paying like 7x+ for the ticket

>I paid $400 to drink $30 worth of alcohol and eat a $20 dinner, look how intelligent I am!

im pretty sure they're paying $400 to get from Point A to Point B

also lots of people who fly arent paying for their flight (e.g. work)

This. The gefilte fish is phenomenal I tell you, phenomenal. And the kosher meals don't cost anything extra, a real bargain.

Pretty sure he's not wrong when I think about it. It's also something you should do if you're held up in the hospital.

>travelling overseas
>it's a french airline

God damn, those frogs can live up to their culinary reputation. This is economy class btw.

Calling bullshit.

They can get away with it because they don't have to reheat the majority of any dish. Americans expect that shit to be warm and cooked and because of that you often get something like a damn TV dinner.

It's just a google image but I did go on a french airline overseas and it was the best airplane food I had yet.

Learning how to fly a kamikaze bomber isn't exactly a respectable feat, kawajiri

Maybe so but no air line would fill a cup that full, because turbulence. Moreover they wouldn't have metal cutlery because liability reasons.

It's just meant to look like cutlery, like matte plastic. Those cups are empty, they serve your beverage in separate bottles.

difference between PC and mac

Well nowadays it's cost. Usually around 40 or 50 bucks for a meal, not including the drink.

Why would we need to fly anywhere? We're already in America.

>airplane
>giving passengers metal silverware

fuck off with this fake shit

>metal silverware
clearly your blind thats just silver colored plastic look at it

It's plastic, just looks like silverware.

Wrong

>when you forget that you're not on /int/ and you let your autistic mind pretend there's flags when there's not

t. Gregoire

i know a filthy fucking yellow subhuman when i see one

ah, Best Korea airline, many thanks to glorious leader.

look at the base of the knife and fork, see that little tip? thats called "flashing" is wast plastic from when they removed it from the mold and cut off the part that sticks out of the mold.

You're paying for comfort and not having to sit next to poor people

I only fly business or first class

Honestly i kinda like airplane food, sometimes it will be terrible crap, but most times it will be a okey

best air plane food i hade was actually when i flew on a indian air line, that tikka masala was god tier

>being this American

Most airlines give you metal cutlery m8

>lying on the internet

I'll try and hold some to the window next time I FLYOVER your state.

It's bland.

I'm not even American.

>difference between PC and mac
Apple is for fanboys and old people, both of which have no need for hardware or software upgrades/configuration and just want a pretty retard-friendly box to check Facebook. Enjoy your proprietary overpriced shit.

Flew Air Canada for a 13.5hr flight lsat New Years. The food tasted okay, but I was violently ill the next day

fucking retards, food safety isn't fucking rocket science you niggers

Nothing

I love the 13-15hr flights with Japan Airlines.

They have 恵比寿 (えびす), my favourite beer, and it is UNLIMITED and FREE

no bullshit i spend all 13 hours pounding that shit, but I can control myself and hold it so everybody is fine even though I'm 10 cans deep

Also they have actual MosBurgers usually, and a choice of a fish or chicken meal that includes 3 sides and dessert.

tl;dr if you fly povertyclass in the 90s food probably is shit

Fly Japan Airlines for superior air enjoyment, also you have to speak japanese or you get leftover shitwater from the latrine you 馬鹿外人 pig fuck FUCK you fucking FUCK

difference between oldfag and newfag

12 years working in airline catering. Done it all.

Usually the food is shit because the airline hostess / stewards overcook the food on 350 degree celcius heat. Yes the ovens do go that high.

Also, ask away!

Times have change

They've stopped it now but they did give metal cutlery some years ago. I have a butter knife from Jordan airways that I use regularly

Did you fugg any stewardesses?

>not having to sit next to poor people

This is more important than poor people realise.

Just how in the fuck does that work during turbulence?

United gives you metal cutlery in business class. They also use glassware and cloth napkins. I imagine the cost of washing reusable items is cheaper. Dunno about the other airlines though.

That's not plastic flash moron. That's from the runner where plastic was injected into the mold.

apparently they look good enough to fool you

I've had nothing but good experiences crossing the pacific. Two delicious meals in economy, tons of snacks (Cathay Pacific has unlimited cup noodles and mini sandwiches), unlimited free alcohol, and non-alcoholic drinks.

Flying within America sucks. Food is stale garbage.

The knife ends up in someone neck.

Which is why its a good rule of thumb to never fly a North American airline for international flights.

Any flight coming or leaving North America will have better service and usually more extras than ANY North American company. The rest of the world still knows how to give non-shit service to all customers.

>unlimited cup noodles and mini sandwiches, unlimited free alcohol
That sounds like heaven.

Great concept but IMO the site has always had a dreadful search function

I've flown Southwest, Frontier, and United, and Southwest actually gives the most/best in-flight service and snack options. Not that it's anything mindblowing, of course, but at least it's there.

Well, you see that guy in the seat in the second pic, and the carvers left hand in the first pic? They're no longer with us.

>tfw i've eaten that

Icelander serves a feast, it was increadable...

>mfw I get a stroopwafel on my flight

You guys have any tips on how to deal with the fear of flying?

I've flown several times but each time, I'm just a couple teaspoons away from having a nervous breakdown.

>unemployed, goofy looking loser
>27 girlfriends in 9 years

benzos

Just chill. Generous amounts of alcohol might help too.

Do 9 years actually pass in the show?

Meditate through takeoff/landing. All you gotta do is sit there, anyway.

Isn't unlimited free alcohol at high altitude a terrible idea?

If post ends in any of the numbers in OPs image I become that person and sleep with the individual directly to the right.

Southwest is GOAT desu. The few times I've ridden first class with different airlines I wasn't that impressed. Southwest coach is not only cheap but also better then other more expensive airlines.

I have flown aeroflot a lot in the last couple of years and have not had a truly awful experience yet... just mediocrity.

Not who you're responding to, but that's the whole point - you have 0 control. Can you imagine, for an instance, the feelings of the passegers that entered the WTC via a jet?

t. Have not flown sice 9/11.

Nissin cups are really cheap and more like hot snacks than a meal. Costs about 1.50 Canadian at a store. Combine that with a cheap beer and it really doesnt cost that much since most passengers really dont wanna cramp.

Just flew from Minneapolis to Honolulu got 3 meal choices and we also got a sandwich after