Recipe Thread

can we have a good old-fashion recipe thread? post whatever you got. whether it be a recipe of your own or a recipe you really enjoy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7iYe9TMSjBs
youtube.com/watch?v=k0G5Q7muWvM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-CBrJBFTF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumb

and here we find out no one on Veeky Forums cooks

In a medium sized bowl combine the following:
8 oz. can of tuna packed in oil (drained)
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 dash Worcestershire sauce (or) fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix thoroughly

Wala!

Enjoy with bread of any kind

youtube.com/watch?v=7iYe9TMSjBs

youtube.com/watch?v=k0G5Q7muWvM

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-CBrJBFTF8

Carne en su jugo

Ingredients:

3lb beef sirloin 1/8" thick sliced into strips
2 packs of your favorite non sweet american style bacon cut into 1.5" pieces

8 scallions
5-7 tomatillos dehusked, washed roasted
5-8 cloves Garlic roasted
Half white Onion
3 serrano peppers roasted
3 jalapeños roasted
Half a bunch of cilantro
Beef stock or water and beef boullion
Worcestershire sauce
Salt
Black pepper

Procedure:
Roast applicable chiles, vegetables. Tomatillos turn to a dull green when roasted blackened tops and bottoms are ok. Add all roasted vegetables as well as onion and cilantro to food processor/ blender. Add small amount of beef stock/water. Blend until smooth.
To a large pot, add bacon.
Turn heat to low.
Allow bacon to render.
Turn up heat to medium to fry bacon add scallions and cook with bacon
Remove scallions and bacon before its crispy.
Remove some of the bacon grease, allowing some grease to remain.
Turn heat to high.

Salt and pepper the beef. Add beef to pot. Stirring continously. Cook until most red has gone away. Add bacon and scallions. Cook until meat realeases its juices.

Add slurry of chiles cilantro etc.
Add beef stock or water until meat can move easily in the pot.

Add. Dashes of worcestershire to taste.
Taste. Add beef boullion if needed.

Bring to boil. Turn to low to stew is at a low simmer. Cover.Allow to simmer 2-4 hrs. Taste. Add salt if needed.

This dish is served with simple beans (soaked pinto beans, water, and salt once beans are tender).

Add cold beans(no liquid) to a bowl, laddle the hot stew into bowl. Add lime cilatro and chopped onion. Eat with tostadas.

Bump

Just started this meat simmering for burritos. Don't know exact measurements just eyeballing:

1.5lbs cubed pork butt
6 dried guajillo peppers
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
3 chipotle in adobo
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 Tbs ancho chili powder
1 tsp mexican oregano
1 cup ground fresh tomatoes
2 cups chicken stock

Split and toast guajillos in hot skillet. Simmer in 2 cups chicken stock for one hour. Salt and pepper pork butt and brown. Remove. Saute onion until transluscent. Add garlic, chipotles and other spices. Cook 1 minute. Add tomato juice. Scrape up fond. Dump into blender along with guajillos and their liquid. Puree until smooth. Pour into pot along with pork butt and simmer for 2-3 hours. Shred pork butt and mix with sauce. Place in flour tortilla along with refried beans and grated cheese (I'm using gouda today). Bake 15 minutes.

You gotta go back.

Go back to where? The US state I was born in? I think you need to go back to your barbed wire containment board. Your butt buddies are getting lonely.

Will try this tomorrow.
Thanks, man.

Kek.

dont worry, you wont be seperated from your family. When they send your parents back, their anchor babies go too! :)

Impressive digits.

Cool. Let me know how it turns out.

Cook 2 cups of rice
Season half a pound of beef with brown sugar, onion powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.
Add habanero sauce to the beef
Cook in a frying pan
Mix the beef into the rice with some mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese.
Shit's pretty good

Forgot the picture

Sick as hell so I'm making 닭죽/chicken and rice porridge, my favourite comfort recipe. Easy, simple ingredients, put it on the stove and take a nap for an hour.

Ingredients:
- ~Two pounds bone-in thighs
- A shit ton of garlic cloves. 20-30, depending on how much you love garlic.
- Ginger to taste. I use about a half inch to an inch cube.
- Carrot, julienned
- 1 to 1.5 cups rice. more rice = thicker porridge.
- 10 to 12 cups water. less water = thicker porridge. (Or 6 cups water:4 cups chicken stock for added flavor, if you're not lazy.)
- 2-3 green onions
- Sesame seeds

Steps:
- Soak the rice (30 mins).
- Wash the chicken. trim fat.
- Dump all ingredients but green onion into pot.
- Boil, reduce to simmer. Cook ~1 hr or until rice is soft.
- Remove chicken thighs and shred with fork.
- Ladle into bowl, top with shredded chicken. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Add a little sesame oil if you're feeling weird.
- Eat with kimchi.

Don't skimp on the dill.
Blanch spinach before chopping it.

is it better to cook this in the oven or smoke it?

and since I'm here I'll post some stuff from the ETYNKE folder

Pour 2 C chex mix into small bowl
Top with a slice of provolone cheese
Microwave 45 seconds
Wa la

I like the way you think

Traditional arroz con leche/rice pudding

-1lt. of milk
-150gr. of sugar
-200gr. of rice
-1 lemon peel
-1 tsp. of vainilla essence (optional)
-2 sticks of cinnamon (don't use cinnamon powder, it's not quite the same)
-50gr. of butter (optional)

Put milk to boil with cinnamon sticks, lemon peel, sugar and butter while you wash the rice.
Once the milk boils, add rice and simmer until tender.
Let the rice absorb some of the milk for some minutes. Put on bowl and let cool. Once on room temp, you can put it on your ref or eat.
You can add dulce de leche, cinnamon powder or nuts once served.
If it's too dry or sweet, you can add more milk, who cares.

Forgot to mention that I call it chex mix nachos.

last one
till tomorrow, see you soon

Simple cake:
-Two cups of sugar.
-Three eggs.
-Half a cup of oil.
-One cup of milk.
-Two cups of self-rising flour.
-Vainilla essence (optional).
-1, 1 and1/2 or 2 sliced green apples (optional).
-1tbsp. cinnamon powder (optional)

Mix well in this order: eggs, sugar, oil, milk, vainilla, cinnamon, flour, apples.
Place the mix in an oiled and floured mold and bake.

Morning bump.

Fried rice:

-Sliced carrots, onions, corn and peas.
-2 tbsp. of soy sauce.
-Some grated ginger.
-1 clove of garlic.
-Boiled rice.
-2 eggs.
- 1 tbsp. of oil.
-1/2 tbsp. of vinegar

Fry garlic and ginger until golden. Add vinegar and soy sauce. Add vegetables and keep stir frying. Add rice and keep stir frying until cooked. Make a "well" on the wok between all the mix and add the eggs. Cook for 30 sec. Place the mix above the eggs. Cook for 30 sec. more. Mix everything well and your good to go.

I stole this from an user. Sorry, user.

For the crust:

2 cups of almond flour
an egg yolk
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp ice water

Combine flour salt sugar and oil until its like crumbs, then mix in egg and a little water in small amounts until it all comes together. Form into disk and let rest in refrigerator for half an hour.

Then roll it out and put it into a tart pan and bake it for 25 minutes with some baking weights on top.

For the filling take 9 oz of chocolate and cut it up and put it into a bowl, then boil 1 1/4 cup of cream and pour it over the chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes and mix until smooth. Add 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 eggs (be sure that the chocolate is cool enough before adding the egg) and mix it all up and pour into the tart crust, bake for 25 minutes or until just the center is wiggly. Make a chocolate glaze with 1 oz chocolate and some corn syrup and water, pour over top of cooled chocolate tart and rotate until the top is covered. Let it set up (it will be really shiny) and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.

You bulking or just poor?

So today's my one year anniversary with my women and I'm making a tilapia bake and ys it was fresh caught with wild rice and steamed baby carrots any tips plz

>So today's my one year anniversary with my women
how many women do you have?

Just one my dude sorry for terrible spelling

This is the recipe I have been using for making home made alfredo sauce for years now. I don't really measure it because I make it so much I just kind of know what to put in but these are probably as close as I can get it.

1 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
1 or 2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 stick cream cheese
2 cups parmesan
sprinkle of italian seasoning

Melt butter in saucepan over med heat
add minced garlic, let its flavor soak into the butter for a couple minutes
add stick of cream cheese, stir and let it start to melt for a min or 2
add all of cream, continue whisking/stirring
let cream, butter, cream cheese all meld together for about 10 mins over med heat
turn heat down to low, add Parmesan a handful at a time and whisk until completely melted.

no worries, I just thought maybe you had some sweet mormon deal going. but sometimes one woman is all you need. happy anniversary user.

Perfect roast chicken:

Brine a 4-5lb chicken for 24 hours in 3 gallons water, 3/4 cup kosher salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and a few cloves garlic smashed. Remove from brine and dry well. Cut off flaps of fat at front cavity and slide under breast skin. Lightly coat with olive oil. Place 1/2 lemon and a few sprigs of thyme in cavity. Truss. Sprinkle black pepper over chicken.

Layer bottom of dutch oven with onion slices sprinkled with olive oil. Place chicken on top of onions. Preheat oven to 400F. Place lid on dutch oven and roast for 50 minutes. Remove lid and roast until meat thermometer inserted in breast reads 165F, @ 50 minutes. Rest 20 minutes.

for what purpose?

Goes well when placed in greased muffin tin. Seeded jalapeños of 3 peppers. And a can corn completely drained out.

Do you leave it flat, crumple it, or tear it to smaller pieces??

Of what?

On the tomatillos. If they are the small ones use 5-7 if they are medium to large use less.