Who has the most difficult food to make?

Who has the most difficult food to make?

My vote goes to the Chinese. I recently watched a chef use a wok and he was tossing food and using his knee to adjust the gas.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSTDa7288c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Shitty cooking station and methods
>Difficult food

Nah.

Making is one thing, mastering the other. The basics of chinese food are easy to learn, but the use of spice makes it hard to get right.

Traditional western European cooking has a lot of combinations of sauces and more herbs, what makes it a totally different field.

Your thread pokes a hard question, and I think it is hard to answer this correctly.

glorious nippon

American fast food

You will never be able to replicate it in a home kitchen. hundreds of scientists across multiple brands have spent years perfecting it.

You might be able to make some "artisanal" shit that is better but you'll never make anything with that same nostalgic flavor.

>load dish with salt and sugar
>somehow it's some super-engineered culinary achievement

Fuck off

Japanese food is harder in my opinion, but yeah pretty much all asian food is a pain in the ass.

God only knows why all nips, slopes, zipperheads, yellowskins, chinks, ching chongs, peeners, gooks, VC, azns, japs, mongoloids, weebs and norks have to make evwrything such a pain in the ass.

this is actually a good point

do you know how much research and development went into mcdonalds fries/ketchup combo?

if that's true then why are they impossible to replicate?

I tend to think Japanese is the toughest. It requires insanely good knife cuts to look right and the food really lives and dies on the freshness.

Just think, you can get edible fast food versions of practically every cuisine. Nothing is shittier than Supermarket Sushi.

Some of these words I did not realize exist. Thank you for enlightening my vocabulary

>A shitpost with a great point

This paradox is vexing.

For me, it's the McChicken.

It's not that hard to reproduce the taste, but getting it exactly the same is difficult to impossible because a lot of them use custom cooking methods that people won't have at home, like pressure fryers.

Chinese food is hard? Take some random shit, toss it in the frying pan, add some soy sauce. Done. And this is coming from a Chinese person.

Any Oriental food.
I always feel horrible for those doggos and kitters.

>Chinese

Not Chinese or Chinese-American. They have one of the easiest fucking cuisines.

My vote goes to the French and Italians.
-French dishes are sometimes pretentiously complex (some techniques and ingredients are just for show)
-Italian dishes are deceitful. The ingredients and instructions themselves may seem easy, but it's heart-food. You have to be passionate about what it is you are cooking for it to shine.

A notable contender is Mexican/Arabic food. Main reason? Meats done the authentic way take hours, even days, to properly get to a specific flavor.

I'd say that Indian food can be pretty complex and tedious to make. So many hours toasting and grinding spices, cooking food in a precise order, use of the tandoor etc

Not saying it is the most delicious cuisine though (there is no such thing)

Hard to say about Chinese given that there are so many extreme regional variations. Probably has more variety as a cuisine than all of Europe combined.

Kill yourself, jap food is the most uninteresting cuisine that exists

You have a good point. Something can be very complex and simultaneously dull
The standard food that Chinese eat is very simple and quick to cook I'm god damn sick of the fucking glorification of French food. I mean for gods sake, they are extremely limited in the broad uses of flavor and miss out on the critical use of spices (I include chili in this)

Japanese food isn't hard. It's tedious.

I mentioned why I put it on my list, you faggot.

I didn't call the taste into this matter. I specifically noted the pretentiously complex preparation behind it. Read more.

Thinking about it in a little bit futher detail I would say that :
is right. I could replace French food with Indian.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSTDa7288c