I love, love, love, love Chicken Tortilla Soup. So over the weekend, I made some

>I love, love, love, love Chicken Tortilla Soup. So over the weekend, I made some.

>The end.

>Wasn’t that a beautiful story?

>Good! I’ll tell you another one: Once upon a time there was a person. That person was you. You made this soup. And you were happy.

>The end.

>*Burp*

>Here’s how you make it:

Jesus christ I just want to cook tortilla soup

Other urls found in this thread:

thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-tortilla-soup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Am I the only one who thinks snails are adorable?

thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-tortilla-soup/

Oh no it's real

I can't stand that creepy redheaded woman

I made some last weekend and accidentally used cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken...turned out better than expected.

>broth in a carton
Why?
WHY?
WHY!?

>here's how to make an authentic southern chicken pot pie
>*looks nervously at the camera*
>before my husband comes home from the ranch

Can you believe the vast majority would be ridiculously overpriced boneless/skinless chicken breasts and then buy a carton of diluted broth?

fuck i hate it when I look up a recipe and its some long winded rambling blog post/novella

If dinner isn't ready he beats her before fucking her in the ass

She likes it don't worry it's her fetish

I have tons of these bookmarked

>He Popped the Question, She Said “Yes”, We Had a Party!

That's a recipe for pulled pork

>Boneless
>Skinless
>Add dry spices
>Bake for 30 minutes in the oven

People follow these recipes and then complain to me that when they cook meats they always turn out dry. Big mystery as to why.

Anyone have the Kirsten's Kitchen Korner pasta?

I really don't get why someone would buy the component parts when it's inevitably going to be overall less product and probably more expensive too.

Whole young chickens are $1.39/lb., sometimes they're $.99/lb. but i'll highball it for you. One pound of chicken, meat and/or bones, at $1.39 yields two quarts or one half gallon of stock.

>probably more expensive too

Your 32 oz. carton of swanson or progresso at the store costs at least two dollars user.

and inb4 i didn't include the mirepoix, they are the three cheapest vegetables available, and I'd hate to find out I'm arguing with someone who is adverse to spending two dollars on vegetables.

>inb4 i didn't include the mirepoix, they are the three cheapest vegetables available, and I'd hate to find out I'm arguing with someone who is adverse to spending two dollars on vegetables

So you excluded part of the cost of doing your method, and if anyone points out that it invalidates your calculation, you don't want to hear them?

because the end product is actual chicken stock, not sodium water with chicken flavoring

I'm MORE than happy to incorporate the price of mirepoix into the overall cost to make stock, I just felt it was so unnecessary after stating that whole chicken is $1.39 a fucking pound.

Carrots are $.99/lb. and that's for organic, cheaper for conventional carrots, however your mirepoix can comprise as little as 1/10 the mass of the chicken to adequately season your stock. Therefore, carrots can be 1/30th of your stock while adequately seasoning it. That means you only need $.03 worth of carrots per pound of stock.

Celery is $3.49 for organic celery hearts. Granted that's the highest quality celery in store and anything else you buy is cheaper, so again I'm high balling it for you. 1/30th of the stock mass is celery, making it ~$.12 per pound of stock

Onions are the cheapest of all at $.50-.60/lb. about $.02 of onion per pound of stock.

So homemade stock, of fairly decent quality, is $1.56 for a half gallon. Assuming Swanson or Progresso is on sale at $2.00 for 32 oz.., you pay an extra $2.44 if you buy store-bought stock versus making it at home. Lets not even mention the added preservatives and fillers you find in packaged chicken stock. At home you at least know everything that went in it.

And may I remind you that every criteria regarding this formula was in your favor. It's cheaper to make stock at home even if you use organic vegetables EVEN when compared to the cheapest packaged stock on the market.

So please fuck off you uncultured garbage.

Who started this meme anyway?

This is so true. We have a woodburning stove to heat the house during winter and put a big old stock pot on top of it and let it go for 6-8 hours. Then we can it. So we don't even use much electricity. Do several pots of beef and chicken a week during winter and have enough to last all year.

People need to break out of this corporate brainwashing where they have to have all their elemental cooking products and food produced, prepared and packaged by soulless corporations intent on nothing but profit.

Stay-at-home mom bloggers who have been cooking food.com recipes for so long they have forgotten where the recipe originated so they think they devised it themselves.