SERIOUS POST

SERIOUS POST

I'm living on my own now, and i'm getting tired of just having a cup of tea for breakfast everyday so i want to make hotcakes.

Can i make them w/o baking powder?
I have flour, eggs, milk, butter, sugar, vegetable oil...What quantity of each ingredient should i use for them?

Help me please, i'm actually retarded when it comes to cooking :|

Pd: I'm from South America, so hotcakes aren't a common thing here, but they look so simple to make (lol) that i want to try them.

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/162760/fluffy-pancakes/
goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a15177/pancakes-recipe-ghk0213/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it self rising flour?

I know it isn't what you want - because this recipe requires baking powder. This is, however, what I do for every time I make pancakes:

allrecipes.com/recipe/162760/fluffy-pancakes/

gl, try to find some cream of tartar and some baking soda, you can make your own baking powder.

i should've checked that

It says something like "Now it raises MORE in the oven!" in spanish, so i gues it is self rising flour

I'll save it for when i have all the ingredients, thanks!

Asians, especially Japanese, make pan cakes out of meringue. That will make it fluffy pancakes without yeast or baking powder.

well. You could make a sourdough or yeasted base which would rise and make them fluffy on it's own. This is more commonly applied to waffles but it would work for pancakes.
Also, try whipping egg whites into a merengue and folding them into the batter, that will give them some extra volume.

SERIOUS RESPONSE

You can forego baking powder, but not leavening all together. Use of baking soda with an acidic ingredient like buttermilk would do. If you don't have buttermilk, use yogurt.

Ignore these fools and their complex theory about shit you probably don't have access to.

1 1/4 cups Self-Rising Flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon Oil

>OP doesn't have baking powder
>Recommends using self-rising flour

depending on hungover my dad was sometimes would just throw flour milk and eggs to mix. they werent bad.

Because that's what he has. Jesus fucking Christ.

>self rising flour

You realize, of course, that self rising flour contains baking powder. Oh you didn't? Go back to middle school, dimwit.

so fucking buy it

Are you people completely fucking retarded? OP checked his flour and it's self-rising. When he said he didn't have baking powder, he meant he didn't have it alone. The fact he said "I don't have baking powder" isn't a magical survey of everything in his house that guarantees there isn't a single molecule of bicarbonate anywhere.

Is Veeky Forums actually the most autistic board?

>full retard

goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a15177/pancakes-recipe-ghk0213/

these ones are nice, which you might know already

They don't have pancake mixes where you are?

Just go out and get some baking powder. If you really don't want to do that, then leave it out and make crepes instead.

Cup of flour
Cup of milk
One egge
Bit os salt

Mix and bake you retard, perfect pancakes erruday

>talks about hotcakes
>posts a picture of pancakes

what did he mean by this

are pancakes just syrup sandwiches?