So what's the correct way to do the dishes?

so what's the correct way to do the dishes?

>soap on sponge
>wipe everything, get it all foamy
>clean it off with clear water
>leave them to dry
or
>fill sink with hot water
>a dash of soap
>throw dishes in there and wipe them off
>dry them of with a towel
or
>???

>not eating delivery every day of the week
>not using all disposable cups, plates and utensils

fuck having to wash shit, that's for poor people

>put dishes in dishwasher
>press start
>remove clean dishes

>hot water with a good amount of detergent
>fresh, clean dish cloth and scrubbing brush
>wipe everything with cloth until all surfaces have been gone over (sick of shitters only wiping "dirty" areas and getting cups with finger marks and grease on the outside) and clean
>rinse with hot clean water to remove sink water and maintain optimal sink temperature
>leave to dry

I love my clean sparkly dishes and I miss having a dishwasher.

The former. People who do the latter make me sick.

>people do this with their knives and pans

>use hot water to get most of the flith out
>use sponge with soap to clean everything
>blow again with hot water
>leave them to dry

Ive had more then one roommate put a wooden cutting board in one.

>hot water, scrubber
>scrub off food scraps
>hot water, sponge with soap
>get rid of grease, any smaller specks
>rinse with cold water
>dry on rack

The only thing I get autistic over is cutlery. Especially at work, I hate seeing co-workers "polish" silverware with wet rags. That's how you get disgusting water marks. It makes everything look dirty.

what's wrong with knives? I know they're easy to clean in the sink, but sometimes I'm lazy and put steak knives in the washer

dishwascher makes them go dull

really? I thought it was because of the wooden handles

idk, it's what I learned. never put the good knives in the dishwasher

there's no real reason anyway, since all you really need to do with a knife is wipe it a few times with the sponge

>more then

What?

Oh fuck! I need to stop putting my favorite knife in the dishwasher!

Rinse the shit off
Soak in hot soapy water
Scrub with soap spounge
Rinse off suds
*Dip in hot water with tiny tiny tiny amount of bleach
>only do that if your water source is shit

brother and sister keep doing this with our wooden spoons and ivory handled butter knives. i want to murder them

Reminder that 'soaking' anything except baked-on grease is just pure laziness. the best time to clean 99% of dishes is immediately after they have been used. proper technique to follow:

>rinse with hot water
>drop of detergent (original sunlight is superior) onto item
>lather with scrubber until free of all grime
>rinse again
>place in drying rack

I want to eat my hot meal now though, the cleaning can wait til afterwards.

>Eats every meal with a plastic spork
>Claims to not be poor

For dishes and cutlery (at home), just very hot fucking water, with a good scrub! That's all you need. The germophobic bullshit that is pedaled to us every day from detergent companies is shilling of the highest degree. No wonder kids have more & more allergies these days!

> rinse dishes after use
> hot water and soap in sink when anough dirty dishes has piled up
> wash with brush
> put into drying rack
> done

Don't respond to trolls.

Well, I think OP is not trolling and is more likely a helpless millennial with OCD tendencies

I mean in the long run it would be more expensive to use disposable stuff. But I don't think buying all that shit is worth not having to clean a plate.

I use a splash of hot water and scrape everything off with the abrasive side of a soapy sponge. I do this with all the dishes, this lets the soap + hot water act on the residue.
When everything is nice and soaped up, cold water to rinse off. If you scrubbed well everything should be clean, but I'll always inspect the dishes and go for a second scrub if I see I missed any spots.

For heavy messes I'll let the pans soak for a bit before washing them by hand. For plates and other stuff, they get a rinse before going into the dishwasher.

My wife does this.

I'm considering divorce.

Anal until she learns.

sure thing aunt denise

Fill the sink with a weak solution of 0.01% diluted bleach i.e. 10mls bleach per 1000ml water.

Leave dishes to soak for at least an hour to kill all germs before draining sink.

Then rinse each individual cutlery, dish, cooking item several times (at least 3) with hot running water.

Fill sink with hot tap water and leave all items to soak for at least an hour.

Finally use cloth with warm soapy detergent water to wipe down all items. Rinse in hot water to remove suds before leaving in the draining rack.

Any other method is just slacking.

Are you my grandfather? Or Donald Trump?

1. ORGANIZE THE DISH AREA
2. FILL THE FIRST SINK WITH EXTREMELY HOT WATER
2. ADD SOAP TO THE FIRST SINK
3. FILL THE SECOND SINK WITH EXTREMELY HOT WATER
4. FILL THE THIRD SINK WITH ROOM TEMPERATURE WATER AND QUATERNARY AMMONIUM SANITIZER TO 200PPM CONCENTRATION
5. ORGANIZE THE DISH AREA AGAIN AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME
6. SCRAPE OFF HEAVY FOOD SOIL INTO A TRASH CAN AND IMMERSE DISHES IN THE FIRST SINK
7. SCRUB THOSE BITCHES DOWN WITH STEEL WOOL OR A GREEN SCRUBBY (IF YOU NEED TO PREVENT SURFACE SCRATCHES)
8. PULL THE DISHES AND WIPE THEM DOWN GOOD WITH A WET TOWEL USING THE SOAPY WATER FROM THE FIRST SINK TO REMOVE ANY GREASE BUILDUP
9. IMMERSE THE DISHES IN THE SECOND SINK TO RINSE OFF SOAPY WATER FROM THE FIRST SINK
10. IMMEDIATELY PULL THE DISHES FROM THE SECOND SINK. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO FUCKING SIT IN THERE.
11. IMMERSE THE NOW RINSED DISHES IN THE THIRD SINK AND >>>>>LEAVE THEM THERE FOR ONE FULL MINUTE

soaking in a soapy water, more than just a small bit, would be better IMO but the other seems less wasteful

I only wash knives, pots, pans, etc by hand, the rest goes in the dish washer.
But I do the top one.
Fuck drying things by hand.

>three sinks
nigga what

>not having four sinks

I respect people who spend their time to wash dishes by hand, but most people I know can't do it right. They usually end up leaving dishes that still have a bit of oil on them because they used cold water and barely scrubbed.

I just wait for mom to run the dishwasher.

Reminder to soak all pans under hot water and soap for at least one hour and scrub clean with a brillo pad, it's the only way to get rid of all unwanted grease, grime and contamination

this man has no restaurant experience whatsoever

>four sinks
whoa now lets not get all crazy

autism

I have two sinks what do I do?

I don't use soap, but I wash my dishes immediately after every use, including pots and pans before I touch my food. Soap isn't necessary.

>not having a dishwasher...

...like me, kek

i do
>fill sink with hot water
>a dash of soap
>throw dishes in there and wait for like a hour...
>soap on sponge
>wipe everything, get it all foamy
>clean it off with clear water
>leave them to dry
i don't think you need a dishwasher if you are just 1-2 persons...

Its not so much the dishwasher as much as it is the detergent.

The shit you put in your washer is different from regular soap and will fuck your knives edges

you fill the first sink with water as hot as you can stand, then add soap. scrape your dishes out into the trash then immerse and scrub until visibly clean. wipe off any excess clingy oil or grease with a wet soapy towel and run hot water from the faucet over them in the second sink to rinse, then air dry on the counter.
you can skip chemical sanitizing agents or near-boiling water immersion (as in an industrial dishwasher) because you're not a foodservice establishment.

>Yell at everyone and make them scrape off the shit on the their plate with a napkin
>hottest water on earth
>soap on brush
>hand wash dishes, cups, etc with brush
>place everything in holder to dry

man, I'm jelly.

>Hot water
Doesn't that just encourage bacterial growth? Unless your water is literally boiling in the sink. Otherwise that's gross and lazy as fuck.

you would need to let the shit sit there in excess of SEVERAL hours for any significant growth to occur. the hot water benefits loosening food soil and aids detergent in emulsification of oils.
further rinsing under hot running water (as in an in-home scenario) after the initial wash and scrub will carry away any leftover contaminants.

>Under lightly flowing water - or in a filled bucket/sink if you're trying to conserve water - use a coarse stiff-plastic bristle brush to scrub off any solid food or oil.
>Rinse away any solid residue.
>Wash dish with hot water and soap, using only your hands to spread the soap.
>Rinse again with warm water until all soap is gone.
Sponges are disgusting.

Also, it varies by material. I find that my ceramic dishware, so long as it is not too oddly shaped, dries well in a drying rack and does not retain food smell, so the above process goes smoothly and I can leave the dishes to dry for a few hours. With glassware I find that the same applies except for that the water never quite drains properly from glassware, especially finer items like wine glasses, leaving water stains. Consequently, I usually dry those right after washing and rinsing. For plasticware (all I have by way of plastic dishware now are certain utensils like "rubber" spatula for baking and the sealing lids for my glass travel containers), I find that it retains smell, even if I am diligent about washing it almost as soon as I can, so I sometimes have to scrub extra hard or in multiple bouts, or allow it to soak in warm water with soap.

Cast iron requires an entire other process. Concisely, I scrape away tough stuck-on food with a razor, abrade the rest with coarse salt, scrape out all solid material with a paper towel, then oil the pan and let it sit.

Do you think you can catch disease from toilet seats too?