Beer Thread

Didn't see one in the catalog. Post and discuss beer.

I picked this up on a whim today because a coworker mentioned he liked it.
It's light, has a pleasant slightly roasted malty favor, and is very refreshing. At 5.68% ABV it's a good strength beer. I'd certainly have this as a regular in my fridge.

imho would feed to dog

I just picked up this one. Seems interesting.

Some of my favorites

Anchor Steam
Boddington's
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Guinness
Stelle Artois
Hoegaarden
Sapporo
Asahi
Tsingtao
Tecate w/ Lime (mostly when drinking with Mexibros though)
Corona (read above)
Pacifico
Scrimshaw
Shocktop
Blue Moon (frat parties)
Trumer Pils

What beer should I buy for Chrissy/BDay/NY? Preferably available in Straya.

Does it have to be a Christmas beer?

also what type is preferred

Nah. Pale ale preferred, other ale, wheat, larger also good.

>What beer should I buy for Chrissy/BDay/NY? Preferably available in Straya.
Would be a bit late to import it now.

It's gonna be a hot christmas m8. I am thinking of picking up some of this, tried a bottle the other day and it is the nicest wheat beer I've had in a long while.

I had some in japan, is nice but I haven't seen it anywhere that isn't expensive as fuck. Where are you looking?

If you're in WA, the Leedy IBS has bottles of it but I'm not sure if they have cartons worth and it would be expensive, definitely.

>blue moon
>frat parties
Gay. You also have the taste of a fresh 21 year old.

OK, mate. Whatever you say.

You want a larger for chrissy/ny.

Mine's already large enough thanks

Why would you drink wheat beer at a frat party? Frat parties are for 30 racks of tasteless light lagers and mixed drinks of whatever you could find in your house that day.

Picked these up on a whim yesterday.

Yup, sounds like the lineup at PF Changs

Each one of those beers is too good for this beer thread.

I bought these guys winter warmer for the first time today. I think this brewery got swept under the rug, but is one of the best in mn. Their taproom/restaurant has incredible food and they had a breakfast stout on tap last year that I thought was better than founders. Any minnesotafags should try them out or hit up their restaurant if you haven't yet.

I miss minnesomalia.
Idaho is a shithole

Idk why people leave.

haul from a recent California trip

What's your favorite coffee milk stout? I've only had Stone Brew. It's pretty good but I wouldn't mind something just a tad lighter.

West Coast confirmed best beer in the world.

>hurr durr, one out of those six beers is from the midwest

The two I like are Stone's Xocoveza (not super coffee-ish though) and 18th Street's Hunter Coffee

West Coast is full of meme hipster beer

>meme
>hipster
>empty buzzwords empty buzzwords

Take a trip to the Midwest some time. They're flooding the market with shitty fruit and spice adjunct crap instead of trying new things with just hops, malts, and yeast.

I was there last week. I found plenty of different normal (hops, malts, yeasts) beers. It seems you are just looking through the internet lens.

If the only was you can get a beer is in a 12oz container I ain't interested in it.

>the internet lens

I just moved from there after 2+ years, and went to multiple beer festivals in and around Chicago and Milwaukee.

> fruit and spice adjunct crap instead of trying new things with just hops, malts, and yeast.

Figures. Afterall, why try to brew a beer that's really a beer? As long as it's something no one has had, it will sell.

>beer festivals
There's your problem. Go to a liquor store, upscale grocery store, or a bar or something instead of a kitschy beer festival. I bet you'd find what you're looking for.

Had the bourbon county 2015. It was good, but not as good as some of the other stouts Ive had. Have a KBS and a Pugachevs Cobra in the fridge, what should i expect from these beers?

>kitschy beer festival

You're literally retarded.

>bourbon county 2015

Apparently 2015 was a bad batch and they recalled most of them.

I checked, it was unaffected. The flavor profile wasn't my favorite. Lots of sweetness molasses , milk chocolate, tons of bourbon. Im not into bourbon much. I much prefer stones imperial russian stout. However bourbon county was much better than Avery Uncle Jacobs stout.

Not an argument

sounds like you went to a state school

Blue Moon is the absolute cheapest we are willing to do. We usually have a bartender for the mixed drinks for consistency.

Have you ever been to a beer festival?

It's 90% local breweries, who typically offer their flagship beer, maybe an underrated beer, and then something new/limited release/experimental. There's nothing kitschy about it. It's completely representative of what you're going to find at a good local beer store, except they have beer that hasn't even been released yet.

>sounds like you went to a state school
Nope
>Blue Moon is the absolute cheapest we are willing to do. We usually have a bartender for the mixed drinks for consistency.
But it's a fucking wheat beer. You have a bartender at your parties? And instead of a gin bucket you have on-demand mixed drinks? Are your dues over $300 and are you a sorority girl or what?

Bought this in a Russian grocery store for $2.50

You got ripped off.

Aw man is it that bad? I stuck it in the fridge for later.

Oui, monsieur. Ze' state lycee plebes, zey haf no place in our societe! I like you, an' will hurry an invite to Louis and moi Zhuly 14 grande ball. Zhust RSVP, sil' vous plas.

This. Any argument against 'murrican beer festivals is idiocy, pure and simple.

Because we are fools. Also too many niggers