Vitamix help?

Hey Veeky Forums, I usually don't come here to do anything but shitpost about crab legs in movie theaters, but I need your help.

I'm buying a Vitamix for Christmas, I'll be using it quite a bit. Thinking about buying an open box one off eBay for $275 (shipping included) but I need to know whether it's a meme propagated by society and marketing or not.

Is Vitamix worth it? Are they as durable as I keep hearing? I'd be getting a Vitamix CIA model that's usually like $450 for $275

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Nutri-Ninja-Blender-Auto-iQ-BL642/dp/B00NGV4E1G/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1482212652&sr=1-7&keywords=ninja blender
amazon.com/dp/B00WQ0LJ20/ref=dp_cerb_2#Ask
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're planning to do a lot of juicing, particularly the rough veggies like Kale, cucumbers and Carrots, stuff like that, Vitamix and Blendtec are pretty much your only bets without buying a dedicated juicer. They have seriously powerful motors and last pretty much forever. I don't own one personally, but from the folks I know who do swear by them up and down. if you're able to snag one at a discount I'd say go for it, but only if you primarily plan to juice veggies and stuff like that, otherwise, it's seriously overpriced for what it is.

Thank you for the reply, I love my cucumbers so being able to make all sorts of drinks with that is my dream appliance.

Should serve you well then, just be advised they are fucking LOUD when you use them, so if you got roomies or something, just keep that in mind.

Get a Blendtec. They have superior performance and a much improved jar design.

I've heard Blendtec is less user friendly while a Vitamix is "shove shit in and get a Jamba Juice out of it"

What do you think?

I have a blendtech and have had 0 problems. Things a fucking powerhouse. It's got a bunch of cool and useful settings too.

What model? How much did you pay and what's the warranty like? I like Vitamix because of the 10 year warranty.

I'll probably end up buying a $200-$300 model if anything

If you can get a brand new or recertified Vitamix at a price that you're willing to spend, then it is certainly "worth it" if you already use a blender regularly. Vitamix shits on every blender that doesn't look exactly like a lawnmower. It's hard to believe that there isn't a comparable, cheap-o dropshipped blender on Amazon after all the years that Vitamemes have been existence.

t.Professional Series 500

Would you recommend a Ninja blender? They're cheaper and they have a lifetime warranty.

amazon.com/Nutri-Ninja-Blender-Auto-iQ-BL642/dp/B00NGV4E1G/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1482212652&sr=1-7&keywords=ninja blender

Nah you have it the other way around. Blendtec jars are designed to slosh material back into the path of the blade and have one-touch settings.

Vitamix you have to fuck with a tamper and the fiddly manual knobs to get the mix right.

Would you recommend this?
amazon.com/dp/B00WQ0LJ20/ref=dp_cerb_2#Ask

I'm the one you asked about what model, I've had the one in your link for over a year now. Use it almost every day and it's just as good as it was on day one. The warranty is a huge reason I bought it as well, pretty sure it's 10 years. I don't remember exactly how much but it was ~$300-$350

Different poster. Thanks famalam

Tbh, Vitamix, BlendTec, and Ninja are all good blenders. However, what I don't like about BlendTec and Ninja is that they are built to slosh food up and down all throughout the container and onto the lid == wasted product and more cleaning. I like the analog dial on the Vitamix because it allows me to gradually increase the speed in a few seconds, which prevents food from sloshing up and down == no wasted product and less cleaning.

Fuck, I'm off today. But welcome.

Is there a blender I can get for ~$100 that will be fine for making smoothies?

There's fucking thousands out there around $20-$50 but you're gonna get shit consistency.
But the absolute best for under $100 that's well-known is definitely the nutri ninja.

Go big or go home in this case. Save up another $50-100 for a great deal on a refurbished Vitamix or a BlendTec

I just wanted to make smoothies for my boyfriend (´・ω・`)

good smoothies cost $150

They really do. I wouldn't recommend anything under $150 ($200 without a sale)

I bought a cleanblend and have been really pleased with it. It was $200 new with a 5 year warranty.

At $200 I'd just go out and buy a BlendTec desu famalam

I own the standard model with the standard jar and I bought the smaller dry container.

It's extremely powerful and makes quick work of whatever I task it with. I often make soups with it and it will obliterate anything I want to smooth perfection.

Whole roma tomatoes skin on can be used for sauces as well. The dry container mostly gets used for grinding coffee but it is useful as a food processor with the low profile blade.

The only downsides for me is the unit is heavy and extremely loud. You also have to consider overheating the unit. You should really only be running it at full tilt in short 30 second burst and give the unit time to cool a bit.

imho would blend ingredients for supreme dog formula

Dude, get a cleanblend. I've had mine for years and it's held up really well, and is only 200

ive owned both vita and blendtec, blendtec is absolutely superior but if you can get a cheap vita just go with that, for cooking at home its not that big of a difference, but for making thicc purees in restaurants the blendtec is king.