Chipotle advertises 1,050kcal burrito as 300kcal and is now facing a lawsuit

Chipotle advertises 1,050kcal burrito as 300kcal and is now facing a lawsuit.

>three customers who bought the burrito in Los Angeles this month are suing. As City News Service reports, one of the men behind the proposed class-action lawsuit brought in Los Angeles Superior Court ordered the menu item on Nov. 3 thinking it was a 300-calorie dish. David Desmond "felt excessively full and realized that the burrito couldn’t have been just 300 calories" after eating it, per the complaint.

WTF is Chipotle's problem?

>WTF is Chipotle's problem?

They're trying to regain their prior stock prices. But it seems they have shot themselves in the foot, again.

>seeking damages in excess of the 25 cents worth of water used to flush the toilet after he shit it out
The real question is wtf is wrong with America when you can sue for "feeling excessively full".

Only in America would someone think an entire burrito is only 300 calories, the fucking tortilla alone is over 300.

OBSESSED

The '300 calorie' part of the sign applies only to the chorizo and none of the other ingredients. It's a case of poor labeling that Chipotle didn't notice for whatever reason.

A better question to ask is why this guy didn't stop eating if he was starting to feel full, and save the rest of the burrito for later.

What does this mean you stupid faggot

>to intelligent to figure out calories

Yes. The rest of the world can't get over how objectively terrible you are, wheelchair-lardmower. And there is nothing wrong woth enjoying cautionary tales. :)

>three customers who bought the nutrient cannister M13-215 in Super Los Angeles Sub-Level 3 this month are suing. As News reports, one of the men behind the proposed class-action lawsuit brought in Super Los Angeles Hegemonial Court ordered the menu item on Nov. 3 thinking it was a 1000-calorie dish. David Desmond "felt famished and realized that the nutrient cannister couldn’t have been 1000 calories" after eating it, per the complaint. Mister Desmond has placed in a penitentiary facility where he will await trial.

I'm glad this is happening to them. The founder is a flaming faggot (no, really) and he lives a disgusting lifestyle.

>American realizes burrito couldn't possibly be 300 calories
>DUMB AMERICANS HOW COULD THEY THINK A BURRITO IS 300 CALORIES?!?!?!11
You're an even bigger retard than that guy if you think that's what the lawsuit is about. Don't they have truth-in-advertising laws in your country?

Nah man, only people in america can sue (and get into the news) because of shit like that. You got idiots knowing basically nothing about nutrition and calories everywhere. Never seen someone use olive oil, instead of butter because they had to lose weight, or something similar?
Retards are everywhere.
He's right about the tortilla part, if it isn't 300kcal, it's at least really close.

>advertising as for being smaller than it is
What the fuck? You're supposed to promote your food as more for your money. Chipotle can't even cheat right.

>americans

Lads you're here thinking these bints genuinely thought the Burrito was ever 300 cal

I sincerely doubt it

Whats more likely is these three fucko's realized they had a major company by the balls for a false advertising and went in on a class action to make bank by feigning ignorances. Woe is me I ate 700 extra calories that day oh no~

The actual harm to the plaintiff doesn't exist and is irrelevant to the case. What IS relevant is if Chipotle advertised the product improperly or not. If court finds they did, they can be held liable for 'reasonable' financial "damages", IE a payoff.

There's two ways it goes. Either they don't have a case, and it gets thrown out of court before a judicial hearing. Or they do have a case, and Chipotle settles out of court and just hands the fucko's a check and changes their signage, rather than waste time fighting it out and spending more funds on lawyer fees than they would hushing the cunts

See
Fucking yuropoors, this is an American board

That's very well possible, but the laughable claim from chipotle still stands. How could they be that retarded and think nobody would notice and why didn't anyone notice earlier.

why did they fall?

Just out of curiosity, where are you from? Hopefully not the U.K., where obesity rates among whites is about the same as it is in the U.S.

How big is the burrito, and what's in it?? If it's more than two or three inches long and filled with cheese there's no way anyone could think it was 300kcal.

This. You guys are focusing on the wrong aspect. There are people out there that just look for shit like this to try and get a payday but the case has to be taken under consideration that some companies would try something similar maliciously.

Chipotle will likely settle.

>Go to McDonalds A and order a large fry
>It's about half empty

>Go to McDonalds B and order a large fry
>It's not only full, there's another small fry worth in the bottom of the bag

DISCLAIMER:
CONSISTENCY MAY VARY DEPENDING ON LOCATION.

Burrito pushers are sick, but at least he didn't open up pizza places.

Chipotle is shit anyways.

I don't give a shit how "quality" their toppings are, they are really limited and their meats all taste like shit

Pretty much this. Someone found a flaw and wants a settlement on a company who's already in a bind because they literally haven't offered anything new to innovate their product

I'm totally getting chipitole tomorrow for lunch

Best burrito coming though

Cilantro rice
pinto beans
carnitas
fresh hot sauce
sour cream
no cheese you dirty white boy
i mean, what else do you want

steak and gauc is for chads.

Because of the salmonella scare that happened many months back.

>getting more than what you pay for
>suing
>Americans

Who the fuck even eats a burrito to be healthy? Really watching them calories.

I don't eat any food "to be healthy", but I can easily see why someone might eat burritos for that purpose. It's a balanced meal containing protein, vegetables, legumes, etc.

As for "calories", that's simply a matter of how much you eat. Nobody said you had to eat a jumbo burrito, user. You could easily make smaller ones. Or eat half of a large one.

*guac

"Dude a commercial said the ingrediants were healthy! That means I lose weight!"

There are too many people who think this way

>I want to lose weight!
>let's go for some chipotle's

Americans were a mistake

You can sue anyone or almost anything if you want, winning said suit is another thing all together.

infantile behavior.

>scare

It wasn't a "scare". They literally poisoned over 50 people. Couple that with the fact that a fucking burrito store was irrationally trading at over $700 a share. Even if you don't know shit about finance, let that sink in for a moment.

>a fucking burrito store was irrationally trading at over $700 a share.
>Even if you don't know shit about finance
i know nothing about finance and have literally no idea what that means

Now it trades at a realistic $400...

It was worth as much as Alphabet/Google/Amazon stock at one point? Wow.

>fastfood is more valuable than computer technologies
only in America!

I got extremely sick about 2 months ago on a buisiness trip in Oregon. The only things I ate before I couldn't stomach food, vomited every few hours, and had liquid/mucus shits, was a chipotle steak burrito bowl and a few bites of a 6" turkey sub at Subway.

When you purchase shares of a business, you literally own a fraction of that company (equal to the amount of shares you own vs how many exist). Stock price is generally based off what the company's expected earnings will be. The details don't really matter here but it's worth knowing that average stock in the US market is priced around 10-20 times earnings. At Chipotle's height, it was trading at over 500 times earnings. For fucking hipster burritos. Literally insane.

It's still massively overpriced but is being propped up by big activist investors who keep throwing money at it in hopes of recovering their initial stake. Over 2017 they'll keep missing revenue and earnings estimates until the bar is set so low that even their shit product can turn around.

Traded at a higher multiple than apple and google and countless other companies that actually produce goods.

Also this; service at the stores in a lot slower because they're focusing more on food safety but people are still getting sick. In 10 or 20 years chipotle may recover as people forget (hey it happened for jack in the box and they literally killed people) but I'll be fucked if I'm sitting around waiting for it.

>sue restaurant for giving you too much food
dumb fatasses

>average stock in the US market is priced around 10-20 times earnings. At Chipotle's height, it was trading at over 500 times earnings
just another example while the whole stock market is a made up concept and should be banned for false advertising
t. the 99%

How could Chipotle fuck up a sign this badly? Unless this thing is the size of a taco bell burrito, that ain't happening.

*why, not while

whoops, should have been 3000 heehee

Easy money and publicity.

One little mistake is all it takes in this world these days.

Say what you will about it (I don't even disagree in some respects) but the US stock market is objectively the best way to passively build wealth as an average person.

So, what you're saying is that we should all short Chipotle's stock?

If the market was actually logical and rational, sure. But since it's not maybe just don't touch the stock with a 10' pole.

They are rushing to try and kickstart their business again. Too bad they suck at it.

"wow guys we have like 5 toppings you can choose from!"

Just look at their failure of a burger place, only cheeseburgers and hamburgers with limited toppings and shit quality

>Say what you will about it (I don't even disagree in some respects) but the US stock market is objectively the best way to passively build wealth as an already obscenely rich person while the everyday joes dump their life savings for peanuts

FTFY

I go to Chipotle because there are no alternatives

This is just how life is in towns

I need more calories

>there are no alternatives
Your own kitchen

I need to deal with my roommate first on that

Serves them right for not being disciplined and long-term thinkers.

T. Average American who barely saves 5% of their income.
Americans are hilariously financially illiterate.

My family arrived as a bunch of poor as immigrant chinks. We're still immigrant chinks but thanks to hard work, pragmatic financial planning and conservative investment we are anything but poor now. Do you think you'll buy a penny stock and strike it rich overnight? I bet you think holding a share for 6 months is a long term investment.

Tfw to inteligent too care about calories

lol'd ty user

awesome

Value of Chipotle at 700/share =/= value of Google at 700/share. Their market caps were never even close.

kill yourself

It was in LA. Odds are they wanted people to think it was a healthy alternative

:(

there's no excuse for chipotles to even exist desu. they have no place in this world. they're lucky to have stayed around as long as they did. i want to kill all of you.

Nice call didn't even bother to look at market caps.

>on Veeky Forums
>complaining about no alternatives
I forget sometimes that people on Veeky Forums don't actually cook, but are just foodies that pretend to know their shit, and shills that pander their fast food garbage.

Dishonesty and greed ruin too many things.

They're fucking enormous. About the thickness of a tennis ball can, and maybe half the length.

Should have just gotten a bean burrito from taco bell

2 oz of chorizo is 300 calories. Even the cheapest and smallest tacos have at least 1.5 oz of meat. There is no way anyone who isn't a total idiot belived that this burrito had only 300 calories total.

> Unless this thing is the size of a taco bell burrito, that ain't happening.

Even the lowest calorie burrito at tacobell has at least 20% more calories than that sign says.

Fuck those burritos look good. Wish we had Chipotles in England.

They don't look anywhere close to that, the thing is heavily photoshopped

>there are no alternatives

You mean for what? Bland burritos. I refuse to believe there are no other mexican restaurants where you live

>if you don't know anything about finance

You do realize that every stock on NYSE or NASDAQ is overvalued and is easily swayed by speculation. Hence why it shouldn't be a surprise that Chipotle stock plummeted after the incident in Boston. Chipotle is easily the fastest growing food chain in America. It's literally become the next McDonald's, and look how profitable that turned out to be. In a few months, maybe longer, Chipotle stock will regain value.

By the way, it was a scare. After the Boston incident, Chipotle revenue also declined significantly, which is why they began a marketing campaign to regain sales by giving out coupons for free burritos.

Literally kys.

>go for a burrito
>can't have pork because it's not halal and the cook is a paki who refuses to touch it anyways

every britbong mexican food place ever

>kcal = cal
'murica

>ameriburgers are so fat they have to consider calories when going out to eat fast food

lmao

>inb4 OBSESSED

I'm a burger as well

Not getting grilled veggies

Not him, and before you ask I am from Amsterdam, but who the fuck is talking about obesity here? Point was about the retarded lawsuits of your country.

kilocalorie=Calorie with a capital "C"

Holy shit. How do their burritos have so much calories? A Big Mac has 600 calories tops.

have you ever felt a chipotle burrito? They are way more hefty than a bigmac

this

>wanting a 300 calorie burrito from chipotle
I'd like to counter sue on the grounds of him being a faggot.

>when liberals try to run a business

Besides the portions, the calorie counts on their tortillas and rice are ridiculous.

>Americans to stupid to read nutritional facts
>Europeans get raped by Muslims and run over by trucks of peace
>Mexicans and all kinds of latino's can't even afford food
Guess I'll just have to suffer here in Murica then

Fuckin underrated post. Enjoy'd and screencap'd

>failed to realize Warren Buffet is a liberal.

topkek

>when /pol/tards have to shit up every single thread

>The real question is wtf is wrong with America when you can sue for "feeling excessively full".

You don't see the problem with advertising one thing but delivering another?