Scotch egg

so I tried my hand at this protein beast. Obviously I need to get the sausage more evenly padded around the egg. Has anyone here done this before and have advice on how to know when the sausage is properly distributed?

also before the question is asked these are pickled eggs (specifically with mustard seed and tumeric) hence the yellow color of the eggs peeking thru the sausage.

also the recipe I used went with baking instead of frying. I the case of baking will the meat always pull off the egg like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k8SXf5V8aPM
youtube.com/watch?v=IN03MUqeUa4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is this? Seems like a stupid thing to do the egg doesn't even soak into the meat as it's cooking. I'd just make a ring of sausage and break the egg into it on the griddle

It's a scotch egg, you bundle of twigs.

It's all in how you squeeze the meat around the egg. Whilst you can roll the meat out pretty flat beforehand, but you really gotta ball it up around it, roll it, treat it like clay and get manual with it.

been meaning to try this might give them a go later this week

Why the fuck is there yellow slimy shit on the outside of the eggs? I can't even work out how you fucked it up enough for that to happen

Try reading next time before shitposting

I have tried both baking and frying scotch eggs. The deep fried method had the best result. You want to soft boil your egg so it is barely just holding together once you peel it. Then wrap your COLD meat around the egg in a thin layer leaving no egg exposed. Egg wash, flour, egg wash, breadcrumbs. The time may vary depending on egg size, thickness of meat, etc. shouldn't take too long, couple minutes at 375F about. When you cut into it the egg yolk should still be liquid, since you did a very light soft boiled egg to begin with. Serve with stone ground mustard and a couple ales

The meat is coming off of the egg because of the pickled egg shit, you should just soft boil the eggs. As for meat even..ness you just need to start with evenly flattened sausage, work it with wet fingers, and git gud basically. Just practice.
Deep frying will always have better results just because of how quickly and evenly it cooks things.

yeah i saw the gordon ramsay video last night too

kill yourself

Part 'Porridge Wog' here.
Those look pretty comfy user, good work.
When I make them I usually use a mug, pack some sausage meat into it then drive in the egg, fill the sausage meat around the sides and top them stick it in the fridge for like 30 minutes to set it a little.
Then, in traditional Scottish keeping, fry the shit out of it.

Okay I think I get it now the sausage is supposed to be breaded and crispy on the outside that sounds pretty tasty

If sceak was still here we wouldn't get these retards posting.

What about freezing the eggs before wrapping them?

Why bother? It's unnecessary.

KAY from KAYS GOOD COOKING has a great Scotch eggs video

>egg not runny

jessus christ m8

youtube.com/watch?v=k8SXf5V8aPM

I'm going to cook these Gordon Ramsay black pudding Scottish eggs for new years.

What a cringe pic. Are you retarded by any chance? A toddler helping his mommy could make better looking scotch eggs than that.

>le cringe

Not OP but I think they look damned appetizing and I'm not even a Scot.

Not sure how useful it'll be, but it's a fun watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=IN03MUqeUa4

>Scotch eggs are Scottish.

to actually give some real advice, to help distribute the sausage around the egg, flour the hand you are holding it with to keep it from sticking to you, then get your fingers on the other hand wet with water to move and mold the sausage around, also try to form a hole in the ball of sausage to slide the egg in so youre pretty much just patching the hole

im american btw and i cook brit food better than most brits

omfg i need that