What kind of food did you grow up with?

What kind of food did you grow up with?

mostly homecooked meat-and-potatoes type stuff.

nice quads.

Really bland American baby boomer food. Lots of dishes made with canned goods. Casseroles, baked chicken breasts with stove top stuffing, spaghetti with jarred sauce (no fucking wonder I can't stand spaghetti), and a fair amount of fast food. Well it could have been worse I suppose.

I weighed 220 pounds by 9th grade. My mom learned to cook in Turkey from cookbooks because it's all she could find in English and needed a hobby while my dad spied on the Russian transmissions. By the time his tour in the air force was over she had something like a hundred cookbooks.

Italian and French food (parents came to France, they're Italian)
Mostly pastas and sauce+meat+potatoes stuff.
My mom used to make us tons of crepes/pies/tiramisu

Spaghetti and lasagna were my favorites
Meat and potatoes were my dad's favorites
Tuna or chicken noodle casserole were my mom's favorites
Meatloaf and bean soups were my grandma's favorites
Little Caeser's Pizza Pizza was the go-to quick take out
I never, ever got McDonald's because my dad was boycotting them over some insignificant sleight for my entire childhood

A lot of homecooked Vietnamese food.

Oh wow. Lucky.

CEREAL AND SPAGHETTI OS

So most of you grew up eating bland American food? Nothing regional like cudighi, or runsas?

I grew up in south Louisiana so cajun food like gumbo, etouffee, sauce picante, etc. Also standard kid food like pb&j, grilled cheese sandwhiches, lunchables, etc.

I'm finally getting to enjoy this, nice food to come home to

How much was she?

Are you me?

She does it for free.

Beans and Rice. They were almost like an entree or something. I guess it's a given when you're from a Mexican family. Meat varied but on almost every day it was a variation recipe that incorporated ground beef, even Chicken. Every once and a while we also had Enchiladas which are a definite favorite of mine

As an American, I grew up eating pretty much all kinds of foods. Had an extremely varied diet and a very open palate from a young age. Also had parents who spent a good deal of their income on eating well.

Same

>Mom and dad grew up in Vietnam but Mom loved American food

>Pot roast one day
>Pho the next
>Can't speak a single word of Viet but fuck it

Bitches don't know about thit kho tau neither

Pierogies, gulash, cottage cheese, chicken livers, sour cream, shashlik etc.

I was raised by my slav grandmother since both my parents worked, I had developed an eastern European accent and needed speech classes in school to correct it. I'm American.

Nobody wants to read about your comfortable life, faggot.

family was poor until about 12
father got great job
poor times = macaroni or beans every night
rich times = beef or salmon with nice sides

Crappy bastardizations of western cuisine through HK tea cafe. Korean and chinese run Sushi restaurants before my dad had renal failure.

What do you mean by varied? I'm sure that you weren't eating French Cuisine one day and then Russian the other.

Why not?

Rustic, Home style cooking with Mexican, Italian, and German/Irish influences

My dad loves italian food, my mom Grew up in a family with a poor irish dad and texan mom.

I ate a lot of roast beef, pasta, roasted veggies, and home made soup.

When my parents split, I lived off good food with my mom and frozen bullshit with my dad.

My dad would take me to nice resturaunts once I was older, and then my mom got poorer but then still managed to get food on the table.

Try to read this then. I grew up with a crack dealer father/pimp and a crack whore mother. Food was an after thought for them, so my brothers and I learned to dumpster dive, beg and steal. At the age of 14, I got sentenced to the reformatory where they gave an IQ test and the administrators said he needs to be exploited fully with that IQ. Consequently, education was achieved.

Happy now? Fuck off, this is 'murrica asshole. People suffer more horribly than you can begin to imagine.

Fuck you faggots. I grew up with ramen, toast, and spam.

Wow you're so cool and have a great range of food palletes. Nobody cares . About your description. Just say what you ate and move along you fgt

tfw I'll never be enriched with food all over the world

How did you're family achieve this user?

Nathan? Is that you? I'm so sorry that I had to suck dick to feed you rice, I've missed you for so long. Come home baby.

Kek okay u got me

Mainly German, with some American Southern thrown in. (I grew up in a big German family, but my mom was from the South). She was a fantastic cook though, and experimental, so we also would have special "exotic" food nights where she'd make stuff from around the world, and make us try all kinds foods. But, mainly, we'd eat German food and Southern food.

No not really

Read through the thread and tell me you're not lucky to come home to home made food and not Kraft dinner

No, not Nathan. But there are far too many "Nathans" in 'murrica, the land of corporate freedom.

>German food
Oh boy another American latching onto the culture of some distant ancestral ethnicity of his due to sharing 1/16th of the bloodline.
I'm really curious, what kind of """""German""""" food did you eat growing up

Frozen boxed meals because my mother didn't want to raise me.

This

Pretty standard lower middle class north american food plus lots of asian food because mom is a huge vietnamboo.

Grew up eating traditional Filipino food--Adobo, fried fish, tamarind/vinegar marinated meats--along with meals typical of a middle-class family living out in Maryland. I was a pretty chubby kid cause my diet was mostly McDonald's burgers and fried chicken when I was younger.

We ate out quite a bit too. Mostly ethnic restaurants: Asian, Latin American, Ethiopian. stuff like that.

Beef.

My dad had a bad heart and a family history of dropping dead from heart issues at a young age, so my mom cooked everything low-fat, low cholesterol, and low salt.
We never had red meat, ate lots of chicken breast and "turkey ham" and other horrific turkey based red meat substitutes.
My mother never used butter, and even margarine got booted eventually (she used apple sauce in baking as a substitute). We drank fat-free milk and never had eggs. And it wasn't until I moved away from home that I tasted olive oil.
My mother was not a good cook even without all the self-imposed limitations (she had a bad sense of taste/smell). Everything was bland (no salt). But it was healthy and there was always lots of food.
When I moved out, I started eating shit food and now I'm fat.

I grew up in regional Victoria, Australia.
Whilst most of my friends at typical (read;bland) English-Australian cuisine, I was lucky enough that my father is an insane cook (both very skilled and quite obsessed). So I ate a huge variety of very delicious food. Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Indian, Middle eastern, French and German.

Sadly though it has kind of ruined me. Every dish he makes is very rarely surpassed by any restaurant that I go to, which leaves me with much disappointment. I am in the process of learning all of his recipes but it will take some time.

My parents were divorced though, so I spent half the week at each house. The food was much better at my fathers.

Very nice!
I live in a thoroughly vietnamese suburb and eat the stuff all the time.

I love pho and vermicelli but I always keep coming back to the pork chop/broken rice plate.

>that feeling when your chinese born chinese girlfriend can barely cook :(

bland garbage. Literally got excited every time I could eat McDonalds or something, because it had flavor.

Damn dude, if you thought McDonald's has flavor, I wince at the thought of what you had to eat

>When I moved out, I started eating shit food and now I'm fat.

That sucks user, I support you. It's never to late to get healthy. If lived a low fat diet for 18 years you can definitely start eating a healthy diet- just not an extreme like your family had.

Steamed carrots, peas and mashed potato with dry, overcooked chicken breast. No spices.
Got sick of it and started cooking for myself when I turned 10.