Help me with alcohol?

Okay so school me on alcohol drinks. The basics, what I should know, popular drinks. I seriously only had vodka, beer, and some jack Daniels through out my life and I do not know anything else but I wanna learn.

Which of the three did you like best

You learn about alcohol by drinking. Personally, I'm a fan of mug vodka, bourbon, and a West Coast style IPA.

I liked beer the best. I had blue moon, rolling rocks which I liked. budlight and Budweiser tastes horrible. Vodka was okay. I had that with mostly oj, cranberry juice, and some other shit. Jack Daniels was the strong but it's whiskey so of course it will be.

try a good dark rum with some iced or cold brew coffee, you won't regret it

That sounds awful

You have regular ass guy tastes. Start growing out your beard and sampling IPAs you'll be insufferable in no time.

Why don't you help me improve

Your tastes have already doomed you! DOOOOOOOMED! Nah there's okay beers. I like a deep amber lager with food personally. I started out on Red Dog which used to be a lot more common back in the day I don't even remember exactly what it tastes like because I started drinking Killians but then I got to supporting Yuengling because I'm in the Pittsburgh area. I think Killians is a bit tastier but I wanted to support them as they were blowing up and I got used to it especially since it was cheaper but getting used to its extra bite ended up with me moving on to stronger bigger cheaper beers like Steel Reserve which the hipsters always try to crucify me about but fuck 'em.

When it comes to liquor I've also jumped the shark to 191 proof grain alcohol but if I were to retroactively recommend the liquor that tastes best in and of itself is gin. Nice dirty martinis, gin n juice and gin n tonic are all quite pleasant.

None of the brands pictured are any good except Laphroaig, I don't know who put that image together but somehow they struck out on everything except one drink. Anyways, learn how to make some classic cocktails like sidecars, old fashioneds, gin martinis, daiquiris, tom collins, stuff like that. Don't make something shitty like sex on the beach or a pineapple upside down cake

honestly just buy the cheapest highest percent drink you can

in a couple years that's what you;ll be drinking anyway might as well just start now and save some money

goon wine, 40's, hobo beers, plastic bottle vodka

it's all good

If you liked the beer best, go and explore beer. Just read up a bit and find out what you do and do not like by tasting different sorts. Personally I like heavy, dark beers such as Quadrupels. Probably an acquired tast. If you want my recommendations, trappists are widespread and diverse. Start there. From there, move on to microbreweries or do whatever else you like.

Fuck vodka, fuck Jack Daniels. If you want to get into liquor try whisky. Maybe Balvenie DoubleWood or something unoffensive. By the time youve did some exploring in the world of whisky youll know enough to branch out to other drinks.

I like to mix ameretto with whisky and then either fizzy flavoured water in summer or ginger ale in winter to make it upto a highball

50ml whisky
75ml ameretto
Top off the glass with soft drink

Jack is overpriced gasoline. Get Jim Beam next time.

Fireball and flavored vodka is da shiiiiit if you want to get yucky; fuck the haters!

The only way to become a professional alcoholic is to make your own learn cupersmithing, find bulk yeast, tomato paste and bulk sugar. Get a hygrometer and some giant food safe vats.

hydrometer. the weather is important too, but for other reasons.

It amazes me when people say their bottom shelf liquor is better than some other bottom shelf liquor, like how people will fight over McDonalds or Burger King, go get a real whiskey

Both are terrible, for the same price you can get Evan Williams or WT101

This isn't how you make a Martini

For liquors, I would recommend you get about a pint/375ml of the basics of each of the main spirits (Barton gin, Smirnoff vodka, Calico Jack rum, Jim Bean whiskey, Jaurez Gold tequila), as well as mixers and ingredients to make a highball and cocktail for each. I'd also recommending mixing each with a bit of water/sparkling water so you can sip it and really analyze the taste of it.

For example, for your vodka you might make a Screwdriver and Sex on the Beach.
For rum, a simple Rum & coke followed by a Mai Tai or Hurricane.

I want you to pay attention when you're mixing these drinks and drinking them. What qualities does each spirit have, and how are they complemented by the ingredients of popular recipes? How does the way the drink is mixed (shaker, ice, stirred, etc.) change it?

Focus on that, make a lot of drinks. You'll learn some techniques to make them with finesse/add your own little changes to recipes or start making your own. More importantly, you'll be able to make the drink that's the most satisfying to you.

Beers and wine, I'm not so good with.

>375 mil
>a pint

Yes, meaning either one of those is an amount they could use.

>I'd also recommending mixing each with a bit of water/sparkling water so you can sip it and really analyze the taste of it.
You don't want to taste shitty mixto gold tequila or Jim Beam neat