$50/week food budget

What can I get with $50 a week to eat. I have the basic eggs, milk, and bread but what else? Something that lasts a while week, is healthy, and I can cook and put in containers for later consumption

rice oats potatoes pasta

$50 a week is more than enough for one person to eat well on. You can have practically whatever you want excluding extravagance.

List the foods

For me, it's 38 McChickens. The best budget sandwich.

Rice, beans, caviar

>whatever

I just came from the store with a 44 dollar check

-18 eggs
-Tortillas
-16 oz mushrooms
-3 tomatoes
-9 Bananas
-2 ice cream pints ($5 for both)
-Salmon filet
-Sharp cheese

Dude, that isn't going to last me a week.

>ice cream

>$50/week
I live off $20/week
You're insane

We don't know what food prices are where you live.

Making stews is cheap as shit if you own a crock pot
>inb4 crock pot hate

Other than that shop smart, buy chicken/ground beef and veggies. Just look up some appetizing food that looks good for you. I use to do, Ramen noodles + Veggies + some spices + Stips of steak or chicken. It would come out to like 20 or so bucks and was a super filling meal.

Breakfast, stick to cereal and maybe 2 eggs as well.

Lunch, just get some rice, beans, and chicken and prep your meal the day before

>mfw that list

>no rice
>no beans
>no frozen vegetables

wtf I hate McChickens now

>salmon fillet
>not extravagant
I'm sure that cheese could have been a lot less expensive too. There are faggots living on fucking $10 a week on this board.

I bet he isn't buying store brand stuff either.

Pic related should be able to get you buy on

That's more an easy

it was only 5 for two pints

Oh yeah and a bag of beans, my bad. I already have one of those giant bags of rice that lasts you like 6 months

Except for the tortillas and ice cream, everything from the store itself (no name brand) how the fuck do you get brand name mushrooms and tomatoes?

>-2 ice cream pints ($5 for both)
>-Salmon filet
>-Sharp cheese

i mean... 99% sure this is a troll, but on the off chance it isn't, how fucking stupid are you? like, are you able to tie your own shoelaces?

It'd help if you didn't shop like a goddamn retard.

>no actual nutrition

top kek

Dude, you could buy a pot roast with all the fixins and eat it all week

explain

I like to make my food as fresh as possible.

I live in SF it that helps.

Depends, the first time cooking I bought a few spices to season the meat more before cooking it. I also added a good amount more veggies to the chart.

Usually go to the store and stock up on

Protein:
Steak strips
Eggs
Chicken
Ramen:
cheapest pack
Veggies:
Tomatos
Carrots
Green Peppers
Red Peppers
Onions
Green onion
Dried Chili pepper

Then would get some breakfast and just microwave meals for lunch at work

>no nutrition
>veggies
>meat
>eggs

Chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
Celery,
Carrots,
Onions, large yellow
Potatoes 10# bag
Salt, pepper
Dry lentils
Dry beans
Rice
Chicken or pork
Milk
Eggs
Flour

You can easily make soup/stews out of the above, and depending on the depth of your spice rack, you can have a variety.

>ice fucking cream
>tortillas
>salmon

Ice cream - stop. Tortillas - flour, lard, baking soda and water, aproximately 1/20th of what you paid. Salmon - are you fucking insane?

>SF
Explains a lot.

Should always have a decent stock of spices. Following that chart though does save money so you'd eventually bring it down to

>I live in SF it that helps.
try harder

I was thinking about :

Canned tuna
Milk
Eggs
Potatoes
Ramen cups
Cheap chicken breasts
Fruits
Oatmeal

>insane to buy fish

dafuq? I get being frugal, but I'm not a teen/college person to be eating non-fresh, non-organic food

Skip the ramen cups and go for the packets to save a bit. Get some cheap greens like cabbage.

I don't understand? I mean, stuff here is expensive. A gallon of milk in LB is like 3.50. Here, the average is like 4.50.

True. Ramen packs are cheaper and I can add more things into to make it somewhat more tastier and healthy.

>I'm not a teen/college person to be eating non-fresh, non-organic food
Troll. You're a troll. No one with a $50 a week food budget could be this pretentious.

If you live in SF and are concerned about eating healthy then there is 0 reason to EVER buy icecream

Fucking kek

That's before the booze too

chicken drumsticks are pretty cheap. You can also make stock using the bones.

Buy mostly the shit that's on sale. Get your staples from Trader Joe's.

Kys my man

What the fuck is wrong with you.

my nigga i live in oakland across from your dumbass and i wouldnt buy ice cream if i was trying not to starve for the week.

My SF estimate

$7 -18 eggs
$3.50 -Tortillas
$4 -16 oz mushrooms
$3 -3 tomatoes
$5 -9 Bananas
$5 -2 ice cream pints ($5 for both)
$12 -Salmon filet
$5 -Sharp cheese
$3 -Bag o beans

=$47.50

kek, not too far off.

Jesus Christ those prices.

I thought Americans had cheap food.

>3 dollars for a bag of beans
>1 dollar for a tomato

bitch you fucked up, in America a bag of beans are like ¢98

>1.5lb of meat
$8.18
>bag of lettuce
$1.79
>2 bags of cheese
$5.00
>taco seasoning re
>24 pack pf soda

under $30 for a week of food

>in America a bag of beans are like ¢98
depends on where and how much you get
get 5x the beans for 3x the price, so it's worth it

do you weigh 60lbs?

Get the carbs out of the way first;

>Pasta, rice, oats, beans etc..

This should cost about $5 for a week depening on which you buy.

These form the bulk of your meals, then you just need to buy stuff to flavour them;

>Spices, tinned tomatoes, frozen vegetables, frozen meat. Stewing steak etc..

A slow cooker is an excellent way to turn cheap cuts of meat tender, and barely uses any electricity compared to a normal oven. A Basic beef stew can be made in one with cheap meat, vegetables and a few stock cubes and will give 1 person about 4 meals. Porridge (Oatmeal) etc.. for breakfast (£1 for a 1 kilo bag here, about 2 weeks worth) and something like spiced beans or rice with a bit of fish for lunch and your sorted.

beans and rice obviously.

2 medium 2 topping pizzas from dominos for like 6 bucks each

each pizza is about 1600 calories (assuming regular crust)

about 8 pizzas a week for $48 dollars. Unfortunately I'm an athlete and that still isn't enough calories for me but if you're not that active it perfectly fine. Full of good macros too. Probably the best bang for your buck in terms of $/calorie

>The meat that you can add to oriental flavor
Gets me every time.

(You)

wut?

nice trips b-t-dubs

I eat for about $100 a month

>pork loin cooked in slow cooker
>canned beans
>minute rice

And if I wanted to take the time to cook my beans and rice properly I could probably save $30-40 a month.

You don't have to be as autistic as I am but if you make cheap cuts of meat and beans/rice the main components of your meals you'll be shocked at how little you have to spend on food.

Theres frozen drumsticks(check the nutrition, some aren't lean) that that u can get like 12-15 of for 5$.Head of lettuce is cheaper then prepacked its like 2$, lasts for like 5-6 bowls of salad
$per pound turkeys are like .60c
Bulk-value-buy: use sales and such, store up ur freezer, get the store's app, they love to give out coupons
Icetea mix and whey protein seem expensive but have a great value and will last u a good while(months worth)
Veggies a r good cheap way 2 feel full, and add flavor + can be made yummy with the right recipe

Honestly thats all i know of thats cheap, im on the same budget, i make a salad (throw some diced bacon & onions + dressing) and make a simple baked chicken; i usually have enough for some luxury foods, but if u dont have the basics like spices and veg oil, itll take a month b4 u can start getting those

Cheap but acceptable beer is much less extravagant than salmon

The ultimate staples are

Eggs
Cabbage
Oats
potatoes
sausage

As long as you buy a weeks worth of these foods you should be sorted for nutrition. Any spare cash should be spent at a fruit and veg market, hunting for reduced price foods or at a butcher that can swing you some cheap beef sausages.

At the moment I eat oats with a little greek yogurt or peanut butter and bargain fruits mixed in for breakfast approx cost is around $1.60

Lunch is a potato and cabbage pancake with additional ingredients mixed into it depending on what i can score that day from the markets, a kind of modified flourless Boxty. This is amazing food, it satisfies your hunger and is great nutritional value. Cost is under a dollar.

Dinner is two sausages (I get them for 6 dollars per twenty-four) plus bargain vegetables. Total cost of meal is around 5 dollars.

Living on a 50 dollar budget is just fine. I often have excess money to spend on a few extra things, spices, chicken, different cheeses etc.

There are plenty of cheap options that are also good for parties too. Marinated harissa chicken skewers with red pepper and haloumi is like a dollar a skewer.

Something like pic related is easy to make and very cheap.

>ice cream
>mushrooms
>salmon
Cut the bullshit and buy vegetables or rice you idiot

We do, SF is shit but not that shit. He is buying store brand sutff and not using money properly.

12 eggs is like

$0.35 bags of pasta, 2 servings
$0.79 cans of tomato paste to make sauce
$3 dry Parma cheese for flavoring

$10 easy for a week of meals there alone.
Throw in veggies and rice and you're well under $50 for at least 2 weeks.

>eat a bunch of stuff that will just make you want to eat more stuff

>24 pack pf soda

spot the lardistani

>soda
>food

you can't make that shit up

My current Uni food budget, prices from sainsburys online. Spent all my money on booze edition.

Breakfast:
>£1 4 pints whole milk
>£1.50 Ready Brek

Lunch:
>£1.05 Wholemeal bread
>£1.10 Own brand butter
>£2.00 Own brand Chedder

Dinner:
>£2.45 Instant Noodles x7 35p each
>£1.25 6 large free range eggs
>£1 bunch spring onions
>£0.95 3 bell peppers
>£2.00 500g beef mince
>£2.50 460g chicken thighs

Total: £16.80

Then the other £3.20 for toilet roll, shampoo, tea, salt, pepper.

patsa
beans
rice
potatoes
onions
carrots
frozen veges for the rest
if you can manage it, $5 or $10 worth of sausages
$1.50 gets you 3 bags of popcorn for munchies too

Don't buy bread. Just buy King Arthur Flour and learn to make it yourself. Also learn how to make pasta, pizza and pate brisee dough. This will go a long way to decreasing your grocery bill.