Watch out, best cheese coming through

Watch out, best cheese coming through.

Brie is pretty much the only cheese I like. Any others similar to it?

Not gonna lie, it tastes really good but only if I hold my nose.

if you swapped camembert with brie i honestly couldn't tell. its a bit firmer, i guess...

I eat the rind sometimes

I always eat the rind. I paid for it, I'm eating it.
I eat the packaging too.

Step aside plebs.

Moldy cream cheese is kinda like brie

>it's a bit firmer
Can you still spread it in crackers?

over priced and over salted piece of french silly putty

>le intense
fucking reddit tier cheese

Havarti is pretty good DESU

DESU

>truffle brie
Good times.

if you've had really good quality saint angel (not grocery store brand) then there's absolutely no contest with any other white double or triple cream soft cheese

Whats the difference between brie and camembert? And what does double and triple creme mean?

its american and means: "i have no idea about cheese"

>please tell me more about cheese
>HAW HAW YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT CHEESE
what is the point?

That ain't Brie.
Pic related

Different region, size, probably ferments.
Also doesn't age the same way.
Think about Gruyère and Appenzell

Brie is smoother and creamier, with a slight “mushroomy” taste, while Camembert is slightly sweeter, with a nuttier taste.

Double and Triple Cream Brie cheeses are usually made with creamier milk compared to Brie, with extra cream added directly in some cases, for a Brie with a creamier, more buttery taste. Not surprisingly, Brie typically has a higher fat content than Camembert, and which type of Brie you choose depends on how creamy you like your cheese. If you can’t decide, why not try them all?

Camembert has a very strong smell, brie doesn't.

I actually have tried them all but i can never remember which is which. Shame that its basically the best cheese i can get in Australia without going to some obscure place 1000kms into the desert.

Just go to your local good cheese ship

Reblochon is tasty as fuck.

I dont prrth even has any cheese specific shops, especially not at affordable prices. When i was in tasmania though, that was a different story

Brie rind is fine to eat.

You're not gonna get anything in Perth at affordable prices,but there are plenty of gourmet foods shops around with an array of cheese. However it sounds more like you just just don't like cheese in general which is a bit weird.

imho would feed to dog

I like brie on a pb&j

The best thing ever.

>Eating anything else.
What is wrong with you people?

Brie
butter
bagette

picture related

brie smells like jizz

still tasty though

no homo

>not fermenting your'e own jizz into a soft, buttery cheese then feeding it to guests on a charcuterie board
pleb detected

*baguette

How's about instead of being a fucking cunt you give him some information. If the guy doesn't know anything about about cheese it only makes sense to ask you pretentious peice of shit.

Try some Moses Sleeper if you can get your hands on it. Damn good stuff.

have you tried camambert OP?

Lol no gaymeritard

What are some good cheeses that pair with red wine? I don't know anything about cheese or wine but I bought some wine as a gift and wanted to pair it with some cheese. I ordered a bottle of chateauneuf du pape and pinot noir. Also, anything else I should pick up to go along with it like salami?

pic related my local cheese store

If you are lucky enough to have a cheese store like that then ASK THEM! That's what they're there for. Tell them what wine you bought and what they'd recommend. They can give you little taste-test samples. Then go from there.

Throw out the Pinot Noir and you're a step closer to a better evening.

rougette is good if you like brie

isnt perth one of the biggest cities in australia? How is there not a single store that sells decent cheese? i mean jesus christ i live in a shithole in the uk and there's two grocery stores with a pretty diverse selection within a mile of me.

>tfw 90% of mould cheeses in my country are pasterized before they develop any taste
>go to my local premium grocery, obv pay a fuckton of monies on shit i don't need
>finally i find a decent imported cheese that is actually from france
>I look like a retard smelling every one of them until i find the one I like
>go to check out
>cashier cringes a little and tells me to wait
>she picks up my cheese and smells it
>"Mister, I think the camembert you wanted to buy have gone bad. It stinks."
>"No, it's supposed to be this way."
>"All right, do as you wish"

People have been subjected to so much of these shitty cheeses, they have no idea that they should smell this way

I ain't got no type.
Brie cheese is the only thing I like

>best cheese
Vache qui rit?

Worst drumming I've ever heard

Friend made a tart with brie and blackberry jam. Not gonna lie, devoured half that shit myself even though it was meant for the rest of the party.

> French

> Mad at l'(noun)

Any recommendations on the best brie in Merica? Since you know, real brie is illegal.

Creamy blue 2bh.

cant find any raw milk brie that i'm aware of. what the fuck do i know, though? i'm from the south.

>What is Brillat-Savarin
>What is St. Marcelin
>What is St. Felicien

Alright but I'd rather just put a preserve on my crackers with my cheese.

Good but pretending that monogamy in your cheese eating habits is desirable is wrong.

I mean, there are more or less no cheeses that don't go well to some degree or another with red wine; fresh cheese such as ricotta might be the exception.

If you're going for a spread, get a good goat's, which go especially well with Chateauneuf du pape and other Rhone wines; out of the options you have there, I'd get L'abbaye du Belloc, the Landaff blue, and from there just go with what you like.

Bait and bad bait at that
Have a (You) still I guess

Oof, good but on occasion.
Try melted Vacherin Mont D'Or for a slightly less malodorous approach to the runny cheese in a basket affair.

Never tried it. Where's it from, how does it compare to Stichelton, Roquefort, Gorgonzola?

Honestly I mostly just eat the shit pleb cheese but haloumi and saganaki I love a lot

try cowgirl creamery's mt. tam. expensive but worth it.

also, i'm in the UK atm, are there any cheeses I should seek out here in case bullshit American laws don't allow them?

i gagged, well done.

also i agree with brie smells like jizz guy. so does the truffle mayo at smashburger. it made the entire kitchen smell like jizz when i worked there and we had to make it.

Stichelton

Look out for ticklemore, some decent lancashire, cornish yarg and Perl Las too

In europe maybe

Stinking Bishop
Black bomber
Welsh Seaweed cheese

imho would feed soft cheese to millennials

Caboc and crowdie.

Step off, faggot

What are some good sandwiches with brie?
I have some pieces of the cheese and I want some good ways to eat them for lunch.
Had brie+apple (heated in the pan inside the sandwich). It was okay.

pear and ham, or instead of pear some sort of jelly, apricot sounds nice

>Any others similar to it?
Could be, but I wouldn't know since I don't like things that taste like pus.

>resembles
yes
>taste like
no

You're supposed to eat it.

That's not blue brie

I almost came in my pants yesterday when I saw whole rounds of French Mimolette at my local market (after that unbearable and ridiculous ban that apparently is over, thank fuck), but I didn't spend the dosh on it, since Christmas preparations have left me pretty broke. I did dish out for some potted Stilton though, because fucking hell YES. (Pic related, but not the brand I bought).