Coconut Oil

What's the verdict on this? I got served it in a coffee once and told it had various health benefits. I've been putting it in my morning coffee for around the past 2-3 weeks, mainly because I like the taste, but haven't noticed anything physically different. Is it just another magical health meme food, or is there a genuine benefit to including it into your diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bulletproof.com/what-is-mct-oil-vs-coconut-oil/
youtube.com/watch?v=ci1bUn5iz9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

imho have used on dog's dry paws in winter

It's only beneficial if you're fat-adapted. Otherwise it's just extra calories.

I only use it on my skin and hair

People don't fully understand the health benefits/downsides of coconut oil yet.

It adds a nice coconutty flavour to things you fry it in and makes your hair smooth and shiny if you rub it into your scalp.

It's good for your hair
Its good for you skin
Its good if you don't want Alzheimer's and Dementia

I just put coconut oil in my tea

It tasted like oily tea and coconut

I put a bit on my oatmeal, it helps with the consistency. I also use it on skin and sometimes hair (I like olive oil better). I don't notice great effects but I have an overall healthy diet so IDK.

it's hyped by clueless idiots; it's just straight-up saturated fat and hence a solid at room temperature. I'd rather just eat delicious butter or animal fats.

It's tasty. I like coconut.

I read 'animal farts' and giggled

coconut is a great lubricant. you can freeze little drops of it, grab a few from the freezer and warm them up in your hands as needed. a little goes a long way. it's also edible, obviously, so that's a plus.

also this

I use it exclusively on my beard but maybe I should try it on my scalp. Eating it seems crazy.

>it's also edible, obviously, so that's a plus.
it's edible to bacteria, so no, it's really not a plus

there are real health benefits. coconut oil falls in the medium chain triglycerides category which means your body wont store the fat so your body will try to use it as energy and just send it through. if youre looking for something to amp your coffee do straight up MCT oil, be careful, especially if youre not a really healthy person. MCT oil wants to bind to things in your stomach and if its junk it cant and itll just pass right through you (diarrhea). but if you add it to your coffee it binds to the caffeine and releases slower throughout the day, so you have caffeine as an upper already, pair it with MCT which is also an upper and you have some nice strong coffee.

by that logic, you should not eat food.

I use it to infuse my foods with dude weed lmao, it's far superior to butter or olive oil for edibles.

shame on you user. lol

"A number of studies back the use of MCT oil as a weight loss supplement, but these claims are not without conflict, as about an equal number found inconclusive results."

aka bullshit

>there are real health benefits.
Hold your horses.
Here is very interesting article that clarifies few myths about coconut oil.
Very well written.

Coconut Oil vs. MCT Oil vs. Lauric Acid: What Is MCT Oil Really?
blog.bulletproof.com/what-is-mct-oil-vs-coconut-oil/

More debunking of coconut oil.
Fuck I'm confused now.

The science of MCT's.
youtube.com/watch?v=ci1bUn5iz9w

FUCK then all,
I'm switching to hash oil.

FUCK them all,
I'm switching to hash oil.

My girlfriend puts coconut oil in her coffee and it's called a bullet coffee. It's meant to have you absorb caffeine better and coconut oil is known to have the healthier fats compared to butter

And I bet she drinks coffee made using paper filters that filter out natural oils present in coffee.
Makes freaking sense, first filter naturally occurring oils in coffee then add oils from another nut.
It's freaking nuts the combinations we are doing to live forever, fuck me

Placebo

bullet proof coffee is meant to be a morning meal replacement so you can go about your day without eating until afternoon

not about "absorbing caffeine"

>bullet proof coffee is meant to be a morning meal replacement
eating pussy in the morning is the only way
not coffee, coffee can spike you up but not nourish

It's all a marketing gimmick targeting millions of really fucking stupid and gullible people.

How can you not immediately realize that?

If there's people that are known for their cardiovascular health, it's those Sri Lankans and their coconut oil lol

Use MCT oil to ditch the flavor

you need to blend it dude.

blending makes it explosive

just like my diarrhea

Just take turmeric. Make sure its the organic stuff and not that neon yellow powder that is 20 cents for 100 grams in the bulk section.

I have told some senior friends about it and now they all swear by it.

>I have told some senior friends about it and now they all swear by it.
WHAT ? they are going to live forever ?

I use it as a skin lotion.
It makes me feel fucking retarded and I smell vaguely of coconuts.

It's preddy gud. I use it for my hair, as lotion, used it in deodorant, and sometimes even use it when making cookies. It's pretty good as lube too.

>freezer
What kind of a tropical coutry do you live in where it doesnt get solid at room temp? even in summer I have to keep my cooking oil in a can so I can scrape some off for the pan...
it's the best lubricant for sexy times. I'd suggest having it seperate from the cooking stuff.
also, putting it in coffee? sure its healthy as an alternative to other oils, but straight up eatint it where you wouldn't need other fats is strange. or would any of you guys put butter in your coffee otherwise?

I've been putting it in smoothies.
Good stuff

i like it in the mornings with coffee. usually just down a tsp of it, havent tried mixing it yet. gonna give that a go tomorrow.

Any first hand experience with coconut oil for anal sex?
I don't like the sweet taste of regular lube.

I hope you die today you disgusting homo shit.

they're just easier to handle that way. they're dryer and you can pick up however much you need without them sticking together. just neater in general.

coconut oil still gets solid at room temp in my house, but it's still p messy to handle with your hands.

it works great as lube, but it will degrade condoms. Ive been using coconut oil to fap for years and have fucked a few girls using it.

you fucking asshole are using this precious cocoanut oil to fap while the are people in this world that don't have any oil to cook meals with it,
did you ever considered that you selfish prick wasting such a precious natural resource for pleasuring yourself that besides all that is very wrong thing to do to start with.

coconuts are renewable you cuck

yes they are, but if that asshole and other millions assholes like him didn't use this precious oil for fapping we could help the hungry in this world
but now we can't because some idiots need the supply of coconut oil to use it for this useless activity of fapping
>degenerate wasteful assholes

I use coconut oil when I fist my girlfriend when we've been taking amphetamines

Hes implying you could get an infection

yes gay man are infested with diseases

I want to put it on my cock now

from tainted coconut oil? i mean, i suppose.

but, again, by that logic, you shouldn't insert anything anywhere there's a mucous membrane. i'm not fucking 90-year-olds with dogshit immune systems, homie.

>because people are starving I should stop doing thing because that will help them because they'll be able to buy the product that me wasting is actually lowering the price of so it isn't so expensive

use it on skin

use it on hair

it's the best skincare product in the whole world no lies

That's a violation of the NAP

ok after I fap with it, Ill wipe off as much oil as I can into a plastic container and send it to a third world country, ok, sport? Ill jizz all in it too so they get some extra nutrients. The coconut oil will preserve it.
There are jewtube videos of teenagers filling pools with soda and crashing a drone into it for no reason and youre choosing to get angry about someone using a small amount from a 5 Dollar jar of oil to fap? lol youre such a faggot. Do you sit all alone in your room trying to be a wasteless as possible thinking about what 3rd worlders dont have all day? lol youre a fucking loser.

I didn't say that! I just said we aren't filled with tumors.

>>/pol/

I only use coconut oil when cooking popcorn on the stove. Makes it taste like movie theater shit.

Other than that I never use it.

I use it for anal. :D

I rub my boots down with it.

I rub it on my penis.