ITT: Post food you've prepared

Lobster & chanterelles soup

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4-E5Hs3Kc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fresh fig, blackberry, & elderflower tartelettes

i made a lean pocket

Riesling & vanilla bean poached pear tart with caramelized maple syrup & pralined nuts

Beef short loin, red wine & jus

Man, that's like 4 bites of food.

Shrimp, chicken, & andouille sausage gumbo

Duck confit cured in Cantonese roast duck spices, basil velouté, five spice cured egg yolk

I fucking love these threads even though I have nothing to contribute.

I love seeing excellence in any form. These pictures are always so motivating and impressive. I'll never be a good chef like some of you guys are but if I ever get anywhere near some of your guys' level I'll be extremely satisfied with my cooking.

Mango & yuzu pudding, pistachio biscuit éponge

I feel this is the best time line

youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4-E5Hs3Kc

Chocolate, pecan, and fleur de sel caramel entremet for Christmas

Langoustine & shrimp bisque

Pumpkin spice & almond entremet

It's not about quantity but rather the quality and the flavours of the food. An amusement for the mouth so to speak. Each bite should be savoured.

Passionfruit, raspberry, & lemon tart

Grilled rack of lamb & tomatoes, alder smoke emulsion

Spiced apple tart

>An amusement for the mouth so to speak.
holy shit kys

for that course. it's a tasting, and your senses dull after a few bites anyway so they are designed to be small.

Raspberry mousse

Shellfish & duck consommé, seared scallop, crab mousse with beurre monté & society garlic, clam with trout roe, basil, and aged balsamic

hoolyshit OP if this is really you I've gotta hand it to ya

some of the best food I've ever seen

some are a bit cheesey (no pun intended) but seriously, props.

Shrimp & lotus root amuse

Not my words, they're Anthony Bourdains. And anyway I am much more sophisticated than you, pleb cretin I bet your favourite pizzeta topping is "pepperoni" which is not even a real thing; it's a made up American "food" item that has industrial textile chemicals in it. How does it feel to be so inferior and living on your minimum wage salary while I pull big bucks at an oil drilling firm as a corporate big shot and can dine out at 5 * restaurants on a nightly basis paying hundreds of dollars for meals you could not even imagine your dreams because of that small pea sized brain of yours? Do you even have the ability to dream? Ha. I spent $2300 on a bottle of red wine for my friends and I last night, what did you do? Probably watch cartoons and jerked off to them, loser.

where's the lobster?

Almond & vanilla joconde, red currant chocolate ganache, fuyu persimmon & hibiscus bavarian cream, dark chocolate flower

Verjus pickled mackerel, yuzu & fennel foam

Shells boiled in the base, and meat puréed in the soup

Last one for now, modern interpretation of French onion soup - caramelized onion, lavender, 50 years aged sherry, and beef bone broth, Parmigiano Reggiano crisp, Gruyère foam

10/10, OP.

These look beautiful, but the important thing is that they look extremely tasty.

Why just one shrimp

It's an amuse-bouche

Lobster is pretty expensive so I feel like you should get the best out of the flavor AND texture of it.
You can totally do whatever you want since it's your passion, but I just feel like it's a waste to make something expensive into just a puree.

Did you make all these for real? Probably the best cooking Ive seen on ck ever - assuming it tastes as good as it looks.

You work for yourself ?

It's a two or three bite dish that would be part of a much larger presentation of dishes. It's not a meal, it's "Here, taste this. Now taste this."

Howd you make the flower??

You seem upset :^)

Looks like they're mourning the dead peace of meat.

I don't think the texture of the soup is "worse" than that of lobster meat alone, just different. I think of it as just a different way to enjoy lobster, with the added benefit of enabling the lobster flavor to be combined with those of the mushrooms and vegetables in the soup.

Thanks! I'm not a professional, all these are made at home.

First, I made the petals and center. For the petals, I tempered chocolate and formed them into a pointed petal shape by piping small dots of it onto plastic sheets, using a skewer to form the points by drawing outwards. Then, I let the sheet hang vertically to spread the chocolate downwards to form the remaining length of the petals. Finally, I let these rest on a curved surface. For the center, I poured tempered chocolate into half sphere molds to form a shell, then filled these with ganache and stuck them together to form a sphere (imagine a large Lindt truffle). After these were formed, I tempered some more chocolate and used it to adhere the petals to the center in the shape of the flower. For the spheres, I used chocolate coated cereal pieces. Finally, I airbrushed colored cocoa butter to give the flower its color.

It really does now that you mention it, looks like a crime scene

So you are a professional chef and came here to masturbate, not to see what actual people cook for themselves in their home.

ok

>"Here, taste this. Now taste this."
Man, I think I'd love something like that.
@OP I enjoy your threads, keep up the amazingly good work!

what do you do with these dishes?
do you serve them as multiple courses for customers or is it just something you do as a hobby?

I made dis today.

>and came here to masturbate
What the fuck do you come to Veeky Forums for?

Serve them to guests, or sometimes I will bring the larger pastries to work for my coworkers

What is it?

I just come here to literally jerk myself not figuratively like op

would smash into mouth

Yeah I am upset that I could only cuckold your parents a dozen times before they decided they wanted to go with a black bull

this. I too prefer Veeky Forums discussion to be limited to tendies and 'zas.

Is this Veeky Forums pasta?

Lightly fried tortilla chips, and some hummus made with garbanzo beans Tahini paste, lemon and paprika.

>discussion
it's on guy dumping his image to boast

Everything looks delicious

there is discussion going on in this thread though, it's a great change of pace from the typical shit that gets posted here

Caramalized some onions in a large pan, added chopped carrots, courgettes, chives & a dash of water, then let it simmer for a bit.
Next I mixed some curry paste, water, milk and cream, added half of that mixture to the pan with some breadcrumbs, and mixed it about until it had a bit thicker consistency. Peel, slice & boil potatos in the mean time.
Put all that in a bowl & browned some minced pork & beef in the pan, when that was done I mixed it with the rest in the bowl, and spread that all in the casserole.
Layered the potatoes on top of that, and then I had the idea to add some breadcrumbs & 2 eggs to the remaining curry/cream mixture, poured it all over, and topped it with some cheese.
I had never before thought of adding eggs to the mix and had no idea if it would work, but it came out just fine, it filled the gaps and fluffed up really nicely; and the taste went pretty well with the curry.
Being relatively new to cooking, that really pleased me, coming up with something succesful like that without relying on a recipe or anything.

There is just no mutual back and forth possible because Op is dumping a ton of professionally shot photos of his food he made with a team at his job.

You can never post something that you just made in your kitchen and talk about it like it's on the same level.

A michelin chef who cooks like that wouldn't be interested in normal or above average cooking, so why does he come here?

Just to masturbate to the comments of people salivating over his images

You are posting in OPs cumthread

"lightly fried" okay.. sure..

>Muh microgreens
>Muh flower petals

does it actually add anything or is it just to make it look fancy

It's like they purpose-made the most impractical vessel for soup imaginable.

The visual appeal is part of it, as I think it is important for food to look good, but they do contribute flavor wise as well. If you're referring to the ones in the OP they add a bit of bite and pepperiness to the otherwise just savory soup.

Interesting idea with the eggs, it's not something I would have thought to do but I'm glad it turned out nicely.

are those nasturtiams? mark one; you shoulda make a compound butter with it instead. and how did you get a gray color using bright orange and yellow mushrooms? mark two. we cant sell this.

I find your work inspirational OP, keep it up

It is now.

I had to invest a lot in plates and cooking material Op.. .

How and with what you made the little flowers op?

>So you are a professional chef and came here to masturbate, not to see what actual people cook for themselves in their home.

See:
>Thanks! I'm not a professional, all these are made at home

Those are made out of white chocolate, which I made by tempering white chocolate and spreading it over a cold surface, and cutting them out with a flower shaped cutter before they set completely.

I was trying to figure out why there where chicken wings in that glass for a while

Very, very nice. Would love to taste.

this is such a great pasta im masturbating to it

Think about it like a Rollercoaster, sure you paid a good amount of money for the park ticket and had to wait for a line for an hour, then the ride was only a minute long, but you had fun. The food may be small and take a long time to prepare, but the presentation and strong presence of flavors are enough to keep you satisfied.

>all these are made at home
Jesus christ.

Do you make multiples and entertain friends/family with this?

I'm a pretty damn good cook, and my landlord takes $100/month off my rent as long as I cook one meal a week he can partake in.

I'd imagine you could live for free if you find the right person, assuming you do things like this on a regular basis.

OP assuming you're not full of shit and you actually made all these, they have got to be the most beautiful dishes I've ever seen on Veeky Forums.

Made this tonight:

>Very garlicky alfredo pasta
>shrimp sauteed in olive oil with lemon, garlic, and red pepper flakes
>baguettes toasted on the hot pan used for the shrimp
>spinach and balsamic salad, with an irresponsible amount of croutons
>romano grated off a block

It was pretty good, wish I would have gotten the pan hotter to get more color on the shrimp.

Shrimp and romano were on sale, baguette was practically free.

Jesus Christ you are a loser on an anonymous forum board. Hahaha

Bragging about working at corporate in oil. Saying other people have pea sized brains. Where am I?

Fish fillets dad

Jesus Christ you got baited on an anonymous board

It's juice, not jus.

Why do you do this humble brag shit. Just say you want to post your amazing work

You don't even cook to feed people.

You fucked up.

Grilled tuna with saffron rice, steamed broccoli with a strawberry mango coulis. I need to stop using squeeze bottles for sauces, been using a spoon lately and its looking a lot better

made some chocolate mousse bombes

Perfectly round, good job. I make mine with 3 strawberries.

I'm really in love with the presentation on these dishes. Great work and very inspiring.

would devour

Boneless buffalo chicken strips with a special white dip.

>what did you do? Probably watch cartoons and jerked off to them, loser.
Shit sounds tight yo

>an ounce of soup with a nice looking cracker
Okay.....

ITT a sugar monkey posts pictures of a tasting menu alongside his confections to throw us off the trail

hey I remember you, beautiful work as always.

A carbonara with apsaragus and spinach (basically everything i had in the fridge) was pretty tasty

Good for you, this looks great.

I'd eat most of this. Looks great, OP! Christmas tree was cute.

i would greatly appreciate the recipe for this dish if possible.
Great work!

Ginger fried rice with poached egg

Sous vide +smoked brisket

Grill roasted quesadillas

Vegetable ramwn