Should sauce ever be inside a calzone?

Should sauce ever be inside a calzone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xik2pfsOutU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That depends. Is a calzone a pizza or a sandwich? Defend your answer with at least 3 support sentences and a conclusion.

I never tried a calzone but your picture looks good, also I've been repeating Seinfeld episodes and one of them is George getting calzones for his boss.

Of course, calzone is just pizza

It should always be on the inside to eliminate the physical burden of dipping.

This, it's too much of a pain in the ass to angle my giant calzone into the shitty little cups of sauce that my pizzeria gives out. Plus it sucks when you take a bite when you didn't put enough sauce on and just get a mouthful of dry ricotta cheese

No

is there a chicago style calzone in america? a 'go 'zone if you will.

no its teh boss of pizza:>

No because then it's a stromboli

Yeah but they bake the pan inside of the calzone so you can break your teeth if you're not careful.

A pizza is a sandwhich.

Strombolii don't need sauce

The more important question is: why on earth is there what appears to be CHEDDAR inside that calzone? What the actual fuck?

That's not a calzone

Where's the ricotta?

>muh traditional cuisine
>must have every le ingredient otherwise it is completely different le food

shut up gaybo.

>merely pretending

That's like saying if you left the chicken out of chicken parmesean it'd be the same dish

There's a difference in leaving out a minor ingredient to taste and removing a core one, with how close the two are in the states removing the ricotta just makes it a stromboli

>That's like saying if you left the chicken out of chicken parmesean it'd be the same dish

no it's not.

>leaving out a minor ingredient

yeah, like one of the cheese's in a calzone, or replacing it with a different ingredient.

>how close the two are in the states removing the ricotta just makes it a stromboli

yeah I mean is anyone really going to argue that they aren't basically the exact same thing? if the only thing that separates one from the other is ricotta cheese, then we might as well concede that they are the same food, because people are always going to play with ingredients. leaving things out/substituting/adding ingredients. I just never understood the obsession with labeling food the way you did. it makes you look like a smartass and makes everyone else roll their eyes.

spaghetti was probably originally made with pork, just because I use beef instead doesn't make it NOT spaghetti.

MAMMA MIA

Spaghetti is the name of a noodle, not the name of a dish

Always.

A calzone is a pizza.
A calzone is a sandwich.
A pizza is a sandwich.
A pizza is NOT a Calzone.

Glad I could clear this up for you.

Where else would it be?

Wow, that has to be the dumbest post I've read in a while on Veeky Forums. Please read it again and think about it.

No more internet for tonight.

No. Calzones by definition have no sauce inside them.

A square is a rectangle.
A rectangle is not a square.
It's not that hard.
I don't think a calzone should have sauce in it.

No. Everyone saying otherwise is just a troll.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering. This tells me we're looking at something from the Midwest, because they're all about their shitty yellow cheeses.

>spaghetti was probably originally made with pork, just because I use beef instead doesn't make it NOT spaghetti.

god youre fucking retarded

you have plenty of accumulated juices anyway because they cant evaporate

a dry calzone is just prepped in a shitty way

imho ditch the sauce, it just makes the whole ordeal too acidic

tho I like the idea of garlic n herbs in calzone..

why the fuck do calzones exist

youtube.com/watch?v=xik2pfsOutU
>its a pzone
>thats huge

I shot my cream sauce in your mom's calzone

>midwest
Literally everyone in the US buys yellow cheese; our cheddar is dyed with annatto. It's not just the midwest.

Awwww does the wittle coastie roastie still got his boi puss puss hurt over Trump winning.

Those damn evil Midwesterners and their yellow cheese, reasonable living expenses, and integral infrastructure and agriculture that keeps you poow wittle coasties fed and alive in your "ivory towers" of minorities and crime.

Living on the coasts must suck, you guys are more obsessed with the Midwest than Europoors are with the USA.

same reason pasties do despite sandwiches being subjectively superior

Jesus Christ stfu, you realize ALL of the US has yellow/orange cheese? clearly isn't even American because he'd know that literally the entire country eats orange cheddar.

Also get over yourself, I live both on the West coast and a rural farming area. California produces more fruit, veggies, and nuts that feeds the entire country more than your hicksville Kansas corn ever will.

LOL

Holy shit how fucking delusional are you buddy?

You seriously think California is somehow the backbone of American staples?

Jesus Christ, you could call into the ocean and most of us wouldn't care. Believe it or not most of the country doesn't live off of Avocados and Almonds. Fruits and Nuts, oh boy, you mean shit that gets used in baking and as snack food most of the time? Ohno, I gotta go without my almonds to snack on, almonds that are being grown in a drought prone region of the country that has no excuse to grow such a water-intensive crop save for a bunch of hipster farmers selling them to China.

Sorry to tell you this, but California could barely feed itself at this point with the constant droughts it suffers. I guess you could survive off your shit farms, but say good bye to most of your potatoes, corn, flour products, soy products, meat, eggs, etc. Although apparently you guys have SOME dairy cows left, but those have been getting shipped out to dairy farms in other states for years now due to the shit farming conditions in your state.

Get some rainfall and then you can talk about being an agricultural state again for shit besides oranges, grapes, almonds, and avocados. Even then you are probably going to be overshadowed by southern states pretty soon since that shit is easier to grow down there than in your increasingly retarded bone-dry state.

Go cool down in a nice shower, or have a cool refreshing glass of water... oh wait, your under drought protocols and can't draw more than 2 gallons a day without being fined can you? Man, would be nice if you had some large body of water near you that with some basic engineering work and wise investment could be turned into an endless source of drinkable water, oh wait, you have the fucking Ocean, too bad you are so broke and busy spending it on your little Sombrero-fuckers that you keep as pets that you can't even afford to build a desalination plant to keep your reservoirs from being dry.

its raining right now desu

Californian Status: Butt blasted.

Anyone south of Redding are the most pretentious cucks in existence.

how the fuck did you manage to make a noodle out of beef?

I hope it doesn't stop and your state sinks into the ocean.

I love me a good 'go 'zone

No. And your picture is a travesty. Any real Italian would refuse to eat that.

Jesus Christ, how can you still exist with all of that salt pouring out of you?

*sniff*
Wrong.

user from Italy here. In all of the calzones I've had the only constant ingredient of the filling was mozzarella (or on rare occasions burrata, which is like mozzarella with a liquid core). They come with or without sauce, though my personal favorite is the one with sauce.

Also never heard of ricotta in calzones. Maybe they have them in the south?

The best calzones I've ever had was in St Louis at a place called "Sauce on the Side" so... yeah figure that one out.

your supposed to eat them with a knife and fork and dip it in the cup that way you fucking neanderthals

>tfw they canceled the pzone