Hey Veeky Forums at my school everything is diet and they really try to make everything sugar free is this actually...

Hey Veeky Forums at my school everything is diet and they really try to make everything sugar free is this actually healthy or just bs

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22282311
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23850261
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23398432
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26199070
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>school
Underage detected.

I'm a senior fag

They really need to raise the minimum posting age to 20.

I actually am curious about this and wanted to start a nice conversation, this board isn't as nice as it seems

Underage then.

sugar free has a artificial sweetener they make in a laboratory and doesnt recognize by the body

the best way is to stay sugar free and artificial sweetener free

stevia is a natural sugar free sweetener which doesnt hurt your body

thats the only good one because it comes from a leaf

but you wont find that where youre talking about

listen to this user sugar free and fat free things can potentialy be worse than their sugary brothers. they want things to still taste good so they will place man made chemicals and the like in the food to try and preserve some of the taste.

remember; a diet is rarely the food you eat, its how much of it/how often you eat it. sugar isnt bad in moderation.

i suggest making your own food for lunch or whatever if eating healthy is your concern.

do some research kiddo, i promise youll live much better than fools that drink diet soda and eat fat free chips.

also saved that cat pic

>muh evuhl chemiculsss

Show me a lick of proof your fearsome man-made chemicals dont just pass through the body at normal consumption rates. Peer to peer reviewed.

i dont have any proof on the spot user, youve got me on that.

all my knowledge comes from my culinary nutrition class i took some time ago. my teacher was a retired biochemichal engineer and seemed extreemely knowledgeable on the subject of using chemicals to enhance flavors, change colors, and cause certain neurological reactions in the brain in foods.

that may not be proof enough for you user and thats ok, but im not inclined to believe otherwise after that class

The amount of aspartame in a stick of sugar-free gum will put my roommate into shock.

Thanks for the anecdote, just be a pal amd stop spewing nonsense online if you can't back it up.

well, youre up then user.

have any proof that it's NOT bad?

Another anecdote. Still waiting on that publication though.

Hoewever, to humour you, I had a patient come in the ICU who went into shock too. Turns out he wasn't aware of prawn being in the food he bought. Is prawn as bad as aspartame?

I didn't make a wrongful claim, do not move the goalposts.

proof your fearsome man-made chemicals dont just pass through the body at normal consumption rates

Counter-point

Man-made chemicals engineered for food have been proven to be harmless to the human body in moderation by the FDA. Unless someone goes out of their way to consume a diet soda every day, they'll be just as healthy as anyone else.

That said, moderarion is the key word. Anything can be bad for you if you have too much of it. It's just that "muh chemicals" and the like have been overblown by the same tin-foil hat retards that blew the whistle on MSG and gluten. Gluten, to which I'd like to add, was about an allergic reaction a very small amount of people suffer from.

To answer OP's question; how are we supposed to know if they're just using artifical sweetners or just cutting that crap out completely outside of sodas? We don't have access to their nutritional facts or guides. Your school is probably just meming it up because a parent cried about their precious ball of fudge having type-2.

here are your "peer to peer" reviewed articles:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22282311

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23850261

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23398432

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26199070

Sow me a lick of proof that your fearsome tobacco causes lung cancer. Peer to peer reviewed

t. 1950s asshole

Sugar is a natural product from a vegetable extract which mankind has been using for millenia.

The other is likely the by-product of some Japanese bio-warfare research lab.

I know which one I'll trust.

>proven by the FDA

A US govenment agency bought and paid for by a financially, unspeakable enormous chemical-agro corporate lobby whose sole intent is to subjugate consumer interests to the sole benefit of the corporation.

Wake up, shithead.

Of course it is, grandpa

Now let's get you carted back to the home

Not him, but is there a study at least showing a strong correlation? I'm honestly interested because I believe artificial sweeteners are harmful but have yet to come across scientific evidence.