Christmas Drinks

That's me off work now until the 9th of January and apart from 2-3 days when I'll be catching up with friends I plan on spending the majority of my time sitting on my ass, watching films and tv, stuffing my face with delicious food and tasty treats.

What are some good winter beverages I can enjoy while I'm relaxing?

So far I've come up with mulled wine, mulled cider and winter pimm's.

Has Veeky Forums got any good recommendations for nice, relaxing winter drinks?

Grog. With rum AND red wine

Recipe?

so jealous, sounds like heaven. I just have a three day weekend. I like to have Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada. I look forward to it every year. Eggnog with brandy is good too.

>dub dubs check'd
but for real, i never had grog before. it's just rum in hot water, right? still need to check that out. but how is the ratio on that recipe? do you warm the wine? how much wine? dry or sweet wine?

>Celebration Ale

I'll look out for it.

Yeah, this is the first time in years I've had any substantial time off over the holiday period and am looking forward to just lazing about.

ty, and just fyi I'm a quite an alkie when work allows it and also drink rum throughout the year at weekends, so I use a good one and don't mind the high alcohol in the end product

one part water and one part red wine (dry and heavy. if it says "taste of elderberries" in the description, it'll do just fine). Warm that up with some cinnamon and anise, to about where it boils, then add one part rum (so 1:1:1in the end) . Keep warm in a thermos, and I put some freshly ground pepper in just before serving. Packs quite a punch, of you don't mind the pun.

You can add cloves, if you want it even more like mulled wine

Fireball, Coke, and grenadine

Trashy but comfy

Also, by some peoples standards this isn't a grog, I guess. Some like to put a shot of rum into a cup and top it off with boiling tap water and call that grog. Thats why I never ask for it in restaurants. One bad experience spoiled it all

Grasshopper
Brandy Alexander
Tom & Jerry

dude, we both completely forgot the most winter of all drinks. hot mead. didn't even had any this whole winter

from what I gathered it's not that loved in Britain, how true is that?

I've never actually had it and it only seems to be popular here with fat metal fans.

Will maybe give it a try though.

Oh. I'm a lard-y, hairy, beardy lad and listen to metal... You're quite right there. Also, I've had an epiphany this year, when talking about one of my fat metalhead friends, he and apperently loads of the types described twice now quite like sweet alcoholic beaverages for some reason. muscatin type of wines, mead, honey beer (it's a thing on the mainland)
apart from the spicy mead I dont it, though

>mead a sweet alcoholic beverage

You're fucking nuts. I make a dry mead that has zero sugars left according to hydrometer readings. What, are all your brit friends 16 year old grils/tranny/fags?

Head to your local Aldi and pick up some Christmas Glühwein (Cheer wine). It is the liquified stuff of Christmas.

What section would that be found it and do you know if they'd carry it in california?

glögg

>Head to your local Aldi and pick up some Christmas Glühwein (Cheer wine). It is the liquified stuff of Christmas.
it's disgusting and so are you

2 parts baileys
1 part milk
2 teaspoons of chai mix

> head to your local Aldi

No good advice starts with those words

Feuerzangenbowle