Can everyone be honest just once with themselves in this thread...

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-16/fewer-americans-hold-cryptocurrencies-than-you-probably-think

Can everyone be honest just once with themselves in this thread? Do you honestly think that crypto is over and done with? Do you really believe that blockchain tech isn't useful and won't become huge?

I really just believe that anyone that says "crypto is over" after every crash are just larping to both make fun of it to ease their own fears, or to just try and accelerate it to buy back in lower.

Attached: sdflkjdsf8934njf894.png (498x403, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

>Do you honestly think that crypto is over and done with?

cant you see how stupid your question is?
90% of americans dont own crypto right? so they twist this stats to make crypto look bad.

how many americans owned crypto 2 years ago? the number massively increased.
also 10% of americans is a huge number already.

another news could say OVER 10% of AMERICANS OWN CRYPTO. and twist the stats pro bitcoin.

I would have estimated it at less than 3% still. the consensus among boomers is mostly negative/scared. To be fair I wouldn't personally be too involved if I was over age 70 or in high sixties just because it may actually take longer than you would live to see the returns you want

10% of americans own gold too. we're at peak adoption

There are only less than 450k Bitcoin addresses that have non-zero balance.
blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses

...and 3 years ago, only one thousand (LITERALLY FUCKING 1000) people total owned Bitcoin.

Now millions do.
Thats a growth rate that these same economic """""""genius""""""" predictors would do anything to see in things they're actually invested in.

If we follow that sane rate, 3 years from now 40% or more will own some crypto.

put a buy order at .78 cents

then walk away

Attached: Coked-up-Kermie.jpg (500x313, 98K)

crypto is dotcom 2.0, Some projects will suceed but most will fail
I'm here to gamble on those that might win

i still have 25% of my net worth in crypto and i'm 90% positive it's all over. shit is so fucking dead. theres no more buyers, its so fucking boring now, just look at this board. the same threads are still up from yesterday. face it we are done.
t. sinking with the ship.

While blockchains may find use in niche markets, getting rich by speculating in virtual beanie babies is not going to pan out for most people.

None of the current cryptos will ever succeed as currencies.

I bet there were waves of you in 2015

Attached: 1520083522115.png (403x448, 56K)

stupid fuck donkey, why should crypto be over if itts tech is disrupting everything?! only because marketcycle is before rebound? lol hopefully u will get broke

I think the problem here is that he lacks a fundamental mechanical understanding as to why Bitcoin has had that pattern.

He's essentially a brainlette that believes that just because the market has acted in a way several times it will continue doing so, that's simply a logical fallacy.

Eight percent of the population owns crypto. The market is clearly saturated, where are you going to find new buyers? Because the actual usage of Bitcoin is falling. The transaction rate is back at 2016 levels.

I don’t think crypto is over, but I do think the easy money is. I’m “stuck” holding an alt coin that I now realize probably won’t appreciate much in value even when the team delivers purely because the bear market is going to stifle it. It’s been a rough awakening. I think my plan is to simply cash it a tiny sum, try to work on a real day job, and just go AFK for year.

nah, it's just a repeat of the dot com bubble

90% of the cryptos will fail, but a few 10% will gather the entire market cap + a massive ton after their adoption. I will gamble to try and get on those that will succeed

That is absolutely irrelevant information. Coins that are held on an exchange, for example, are more often than not stored in a single cold wallet.

>Eight percent of the population owns crypto. The market is clearly saturated, where are you going to find new buyers?

Attached: 1521040961787.png (382x417, 243K)

>Do you honestly think that crypto is over and done with?
If 10% of burgers own crypto then big gains are most definitely over. 2017 was your big chance, a once in human history opportunity. If you missed it or didn't cash out before mid-January then sucks to be you. No coin will ever 10x again, let alone 100x.

You forgot Nano brainlet. That's the only one among the current ones that will. Then it will start the get copied and improved upon, until something better comes around and it will die out (like Bitcoin will, a bit sooner). It's the cycle of things...

If you don't have the private key you don't own any coin at all.

This is just stupid. There will be many opportunities for big gains, in crypto and outside crypto. What's true is that it probably won't be easy like it has been in 2016-2017.

>There will be many opportunities for big gains, in crypto and outside crypto.
Yeah but the difference is that most of them will not be available to you if you aren't already a millionaire, if you are American at least due to Registered Investor laws. Hope you became one in 2017!

Most normies and casual traders just hold their coins on an exchange, and you can't count their number by counting the wallets.

Ripple

This, and bubble's really doesn't need everyones money to pop. Most of the people who wanted to buy crypto got in december. Have a look at google trends and btc transactions. Both are declining, crypto was like pokemon go to normies and it will never be widely adopted. Blockhain has a great future but cryptocurrencies don't.

Attached: 1521223659155.png (640x1136, 692K)

Rare numbers.
Beanie babies for nerds.
:^)

Is this post ironic?

Attached: afadfs.png (600x512, 298K)

Kind of, im exaggerating of course

But the point stands
5 years ago it had to be less than 1 percent that owns crypto, now its 10%?

5 more years at that rate, what do you think is next?

10% is a lot. FUCK

8% percentage are owning cryptos themselves, if you wanna believe that random statistic.

Institutional money is still not allowed to buy in. We are far off from the real pop. See you in 1-2 years.

um no. 3 years ago there were alreay more people transacting on the darknet than this. and this doesn't even include miners necessary for the blockchain to work.

I smell smelly bullshit.

On one hand I don't think its going anywhere, its the logical advancement of currency. But on the other hand, I imagine governments/banks would eventually want something more under their direct control.

Less than 5% of Americans have a brain

>Institutional money is still not allowed to buy in
this is what?

Attached: institutional money 2016.png (687x813, 393K)

>institutional money will buy my shitcoins
lel

ever entertained the thought that the adoption of the tech has fuck all to do with all the shitcoins you are gambling with?
for one second maybe?
less then 2% of americans own pennystocks, and now what?
shitcoins are even worse than pennystocks, do you see big institutional money in pennystocks?
why not?

Blockhain tech =/= your shitcoin speculating you stupid fuck. That's like saying that you should invest in old ford trucks because the car industry is really successful.

this are the hedgefunds who dumped on the brainlets in december
now the brainlets are hoping for hedgefunds to dump on
the delusion
>i'm smart money
>brap
lel

you fail to realize the mass majority of people have neither the means nor the desire to ever own a virtual currency. just because the adoption percentage is well under 100 percent of the total population doesn't mean you aren't already at full saturation.

>
>I bet there were waves of you in 2015
There were. When I bought bitcoin back then biz called me a fucking retard

>just because the adoption percentage is well under 100 percent of the total population doesn't mean you aren't already at full saturation.
Exactly. We are at full saturation at the moment. There will be no further adoption of this shit.

I expect saturation to be about 30—40%

Countries can't coordinate well enough to stop it. If crypto is the tits like some people say, even if uncle sam cockblocks it at first it's gonna be adopted in some forward-thinking place like japan, and if it's beneficial to them the pressure rises and rises until they eventually let go of fiat or crumble under its weight

Crypto has been dead a dozen times before this. It will be dead a dozen times after this. It might take a year or two to shake out the MAKE IT and LAMBO crowd and get back to business, but the long term trend will be continuous innovation and increasing adoption.

>8%
not likely. try less than 1 %

>Can everyone be honest just once with themselves in this thread?

do you seriously expect FUDders and shills honestly telling you in this thread that "yeah, we're just trying to get Veeky Forums to sell/buy for our gains"? they won't. even if you get a "confession" in this thread, it will be a FUDder confessing as a shill, or a shill confessing as a FUDder. just ignore 98% of biz. this is an ANONYMOUS board. even places where people have years of reputation at stake, people will often fud and shill for their own interest. here you should expect nothing. it's a fun board that's that.