Beer thread

Beer thread

Whatcha drinking cu/ck/s

Racer X.

My favorite beer;

Torpedo

sucking back a few cans of four loko gold tonight. bout to pull some cabbage rolls outta the oven. in about three hours i'll be in bed enjoying these rolls hasselhoff-style and taking in a hearty playlist of videos relating to cultural marxism.

Classic brew, my dude.

I'm drinking pic related, dry and citrusy with just enough malt backbone to keep it balanced. Shit's dope, image courtesy of google.

Are you Varsity Blues?

Because I don't want your life

Nothing since I got work at 3 but I have half a 30 rack in the fridge of generic piss beer and my paycheck is gonna be good this week. Think I'll splurge a little and buy some fancy beer. Any suggestions? Live in West Texas if that helps.

Had a 10% stout from a beer advent calendar, now likely canadian for the night
Finally finished christmas shopping, the gf is satisfied, going home tomorrow for a week of lethargy, so this drink is heaven

Anchor Steam's Christmas beer is good this year

had the hopflake white ipa from the sam adams variety pack. better than i expected, the lemongrass made it almost like a hoppy lemonade. also very surprised to see an unfiltered ipa from sam adams. if it wasnt unfiltered than im prolly dead cuz there was lots of shit in it and it poured cloudy as fuck. looked like pee

anyone else get the sam adams variety pack this year? the old fezziwigs has gone to shit idk if they changed the recipe or what

Hands down best beer I've ever had and it has completely spoiled me from ever drinking carbonated piss water like Bud Lite again

Also provides a nice smooth buzz that differed from every other beer I've had

now this

darker than most pale ales, good dose of hops

the blackberry saison is delicious btw. fruity undertones but not sweet/tart, refreshing yet a little stronger (5.5%)

have you tried their winter lager?

we never get sam adams in canada but I've come across 6-packs, wonder how it is before dropping whatever bs ($15+) on it

I fell for the meme and got this

although its certainly not bad, I probably could have found better

Fucking leave this site you faggot

the winter lager is great. really crisp and goes well with the cinnamon, ginger, orange peel. very sessionable too. I wouldnt spend that much on it though.

it's okay, user. we all fall for memes from time to time

Heady topper is my fav meme

>insinuating Crabbie's isn't the best meme "beer"

I fell for the ballast point meme

picked up a belgian pale ale for the christmas dinner
bretty good, but the ABV isn't hidden that well imhotep

>Surly

A man after my own heart.

>but the ABV isn't hidden that well
That's why I like it, gives it a fruitier note I think

Normal austrian beer, pretty good

I had a Laughing Lab Scottish Ale last night.

Good stuff.

Christmas is starting now!

having a pre-holidays bottle share after work today. my contributions are

alesmith vietnamese speedway stout
sante adairius capitola breezes

I'd bet we get some NE IPAs, more SARA and some bruery stuff as well. really looking forward to it after a long week.

I love crabbies though.
I remember drinking 10 of them, then getting kicked out of a bar for "being racist"

Very good ipa, got the imperial version of it as well for later so it is promising.

>tfw wake up this morning
>notice that i forgot to finish a beer on my desk
>more than half full
>well there's only one responsible thing to do with this
>drink it

any texan man in

I prefer Urban Chestnut over Schafly. Although schalfy's hefeweizen is pretty good.
t. St. Louis

I used to really like this breweries fruit ipas but after having their more normal ones the fruit ones dont stand out that well anymore.
Still fine but some harsh fruit bitterness in it!

>Trippelbock
Ja

Westmalle tripel

Everything else can gtfo.

Really nice ale. I usually drink it in the Summer, but it's pretty warm here in Florida.

Also have some Leinenkugel's in the fridge.

>muh monk piss

I'm a 4hands fag at heart, ucbc makes great beers too, but Schlafly's seasonal IPAs are some of the best in the region, try the TIPA while it's still in

The big brother is a bit bolder in taste for sure, worried it would be sweeter but it is not due to the amped up bitterness. Very nice and solid imperial ipa that does not burn your enamel of your teeth!

pretty old by now because this was made to combat pumpkin beers but, it still held up well.

I bought some of this on sale yesterday.
What am I in for?

If it's like last year, probably a sickeningly sweet abortion of peaches. If it's a good year, a well balanced beer with a slight hint of peaches.

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. I never knew how good beer could get until now.

Kek Alton Brown book and bandaids

yum. have a couple 2016s stashed in the fridge... where are you from? if you like BCBS, I'd recommend trying to find some firestone walker barrel aged stuff. pretty similar, but they do a variety of styles (quad/barleywine/stout/blend)

My wife and I discovered it at a place in Mililani, Hawaii and only found it at one liquor store on the island. And they sold out pretty quick. I get the feeling it's gonna be one of those once-a-year treats.

>guy at the liquor store gives a bottle to my dad for free because my dad always buys Guinness
>'o ya buddy u will like this one very much my friend' (pic related)
>gets home
>he pours it in a pint glass
>takes a sip
>"this is gross"
>chugs it

Ice cold.

Going on a tour to the Speights brewery next week. Speights is one of the big beer brands in New Zealand. you get to do some tasting at the end, half an hour to pour yourself as many glasses as you like.

Wew, that's not the right image or beer.

nothing wrong with that

Guinness is pretty bad as far as stout goes though.
and no sense in wasting a beer

disappointment tbqh family

Unless you like your beer to taste like syrup

I'll try it tonight and let you goys know what I think.
If it's not good I'll just use it to braise pork belly or something

I'd do that regardless if you like the beer or not

>2016
>looks very chilled

learn something you pleb

>Alton Brown book and bandaids

The bandaids are probably for his boyfriend's anus, which is surely ravaged and bleeding due to those uncut nails. Also, this

Got a case for 30 bucks. It's usually 15 a 6 pack

When I read the ABV and IBU I tried a pint on tap, but the watermelon made it almost impossible to finish. Disappointing.

It's not for everyone

Bought this today, and I have to say its probably the best IPA Ive ever tried so far

Forgot pic

I got some meme beer at a holiday party this evening. A bomber of coconut victory at sea and a bomber of peppermint victory at sea. What am I in for?

So I tried it.
It is probably one of the worst beers I've had in a long time.
Completely over powered by a peachy bitterness, lack of carbonation, and all around just horrible.
I will be contacting shiner

You are in for endless memes

This. 4hands makes fantastic beers. Contact high is one of my all time faves

I really don't understand what happened with the stuff. It used to actually be pretty good, but the last 5 years have pretty much been a shit show.

Neopolitan Milk Stout, really freaking good.

Rebel Raw is also unfiltered. Very boozy though.

That actually sounds decent. I'll pick up pack today for christmas

I emailed them s long letter telling them it was shit. If they don't give me free shiner swag, I'll never buy from them again.

>four loko gold
Last time I had 4LG I was in a heavy depression, so I drank two in 45 minutes at a bachelor party and got kicked out. I proceeded to
>throw an empty bottle of some liquor in anger
>bent a small tree in half after telling it that I fucking hated it
>ended up face down in an empty field and got picked up by some friends at the party
>puked for the first time from drinking
>took a shower
>jerked off and passed out in a wet towel on the couch
Never again

Frydenlund Pale Ale

Stl bro.

4hands, Urban Chestnut, Schlafley, Trailhead

this is my shit

Wish this came in six packs like the regular chocolate milk stout. My two favorite beers of 2016 are Absence of Light and Send Help

i know it's kinda shit but i am a routine fag

Öettinger from Germany! Has a high quality!

and i like it

Drinking the only beer I got before I switch over to whiskey. Pic related. Feeling a bit shitty about myself. I managed to fail in a special Christmas poker tournament where over 50% of participants got something, and managed to get nothing so I have to drink away the pain.

> super "dry"

Any of you cu/ck/s had this lately?

Been finishing a 6 pack.

Beer Advocate rates it outstanding, but I think it's just alright.

It's an IPA of course it's rated outstanding. IPAs are the "in" style right now.
I wasn't a big fan of SN's pale ale myself.

Fine Pilsner, not mindblowing or so at all.

>ipas are the "in" style right now

I do work for liquor, beer, and wine stores. Where do you work faggot, at mommy's lemonade stand?

So you work at an Albertsons.

My personal favorite.

I understand you know nothing but please try and don't make it so obvious next time, champ.

Used to work at a liquor store, now I just visit them. Sours and stouts are "in" in the sense that breweries pump them out with an enormous upcharge, and people gobble them up. Ipas are just a standard in the states. It'd be like saying pilsners are the "in" thing in germany, or bitters are the "in" thing in England. It's just the more popular style of a country. It's not trendy anymore.

you're the reason I never ask an employee about beer, holy shit are you out of touch

De-lish. Living in Belgium does have its perks.

homebrewed Saison
Leinenkugel's Bavarian Dunkel
Guinness ES

>american beers

why are they all so trash? why can't we have good breweries like in yurop?

t.lagerfag

>why can't we have good breweries like in yurop?

Prohibition killed the breweries and destroyed a legacy of brewing that at that point had been going on for two centuries, brought over from Europe. US breweries had to re-supply and re-learn everything all over again, and they're still learning.

The only thing britain has over the US now in terms of ales is that almost all of their pubs have naturally carbonated cellar aged casks that are drawn from hand pumps. Sounds like a small thing, but there's a big difference in flavor and mouthfeel.

Not just breweries but distilleries too. We had an excellent whiskey market that was booming.
And then the progressives in power decided booze was opposed to the advancement of humanity.