Lemons in the pan

Boiling lemons today. What about you?

This seems like a pretty fresh take on trolling an existing meme. I'm interested to see where you go with it.

Why are we boiling lemons user?

I am attempting to render down the essence of lemon. They have been strained and are now boiling down.

why not just puree them

is this for the lemonparade?

I do not possess the necessary tools.

I will be picking up some tonic later

Final result, dark, bitter, sour. Probably unfit for consumption.

Why don't you try taking some shots user.

No wonder it tasted so bitter, I seem to have produced a powerful cleaning agent. Results clearly visible on rim of pan.

Don't just boil the damn peels you retard. Zest the entire fruit + juice it and use those. Alternatively, age the peels in everclear or vodka. Any white is going to make it super bitter.

That's just the acidic nature of what you made. That's not why it's bitter.

Well, you know how you're not supposed to boil anything acidic in cast iron for an extended length of time?
Cast iron can survive making some spaghetti sauce or chili, but jesus fuck you were REDUCING LEMON JUICE.
There's probably a bunch of dissolved iron in that lemon juice.

you should have chosen another pan for this
your lemons are going to take on a bunch of iron
and your pan is going to be eaten away slightly

Boiling denim today. What about you?

I like your style

>it tasted so bitter
...you drank it?

see

Iron within, iron without

lmao. get baited.

Update: decided to take a dip in the local canal. Got bit by a crab. Found a pristine case of eggs under the bridge on the way home. It was a good day.

for fun

Nice. Season that bad boy up from scratch and you'll have a super cast iron pan.

Are you having a lemonparty, OP?

fuck this thread is cast iron blasphemy

your pans look like shit OP. learn how to cook

goddamnit op

Got some high heat cooking oil soaking into the pan.

No, they won't. Because it hasn't been ground/polished smooth like the old stuff. A $20 Lodge isn't worth season on purpose. Just use it, half-halfheartedly scraping and wiping occasionally, and enjoy your good iron levels (which would already be great were you eating enough beans and greens).

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>all that rust in your meme juice
Laughing my ass off right now

I like this, I hope it becomes memery

They're bitter because of the skin, in particular the white part.

Made a big omelette.

DRINK IT

All it takes to polish a Lodge smooth is a paint/rust stripping disc like this. Costs $5. Put it in a corded drill and go to town on it.
Anything coarser and you might be take material off too quickly.
An angle grinder is hard to grind evenly with since you have to tilt it to get it into the pan.
Or you can pay $80 and $40 shipping for overinflated Griswolds/Wagners off of eBay or Etsy.