youtube.com/watch?v=nGRVw8Fc4HM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you first OP

Julia and Julia. I also liked Chef

Newfig

Official film of Veeky Forums.

Ratatouille is the one to beat.

Julie and Julia

For me, it's Goodburger. Home of the Goodburger.

op here, good taste user

a challenger appears

what's the movie about a restaurant with ryan reynolds? "lingering" or something?

Loitering.

Kid Veeky Forums Kino

"Loitering..."

For sure.

This.

"Eat Drink, Man Woman," and "Tampopo."

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Matilda

he looks like a fucking ghoul from fallout 4

This. Ratatouille was fucking disgusting.

Big Night.

Stupid fucking japs spend their whole lives learning how to press rice and slice fish. Fucking idiots.

assuming you can do better,

if anyone wants to try actual food like this,make friends with a cantonese person.

Seriously weeb.. fuck this dude.

Official film of Veeky Forums is definitely la grande bouffe.

Its a chef who wants to kill himself so he and his friends, one of whom still lives with and fucks his childhood nanny, drive to an Italian villa with the intention of eating themselves to death.

What is more Veeky Forums than that?

the cook, the thief, his wife & her lover

Not even a weeb.I love food. If I don't I don't swallow.

I like food of all kind.

Mah nigga

This movie would have been the same without the female and the black guy.

How can you not like Ratatouille?

The plot was thinner than (food of low qualities sauce).

Some of the greatest movies ever don't have intricate plots.

They have endearing characters, strong dialogue, memorable moments, entertainment and occasionally a little message to take away.

Ratatouille has all those. It's great.

Has to be this. It is more than another film focussing on a chef, it involves every type of person obsessed with food.

Ratatouille has none of those, it has the generic disney / pixar formula for characters and directing.

That and the main VA sold himself to /mlp/

Liked this one

What? What voices does he do on mlp?

He guest voiced on one episode.
Calles "Stranger than fan fiction." and yes, it is making fun of the fandom.

>I mention this movie every time
>no one every responds
why does no one like the best cooking documentary? His book is great too, it's basically him being a lazy fuck and doing stuff the easiest way possible

In all honesty, this is one of my favorite movies in all categories it falls under.

I fall asleep to this movie some times because of the feels it gives me.

Is there any documentary as comfy as this?

Rattling off a list of some not mentioned yet:

Le Chef
The Hundred-Foot Journey
Eat Drink Man Woman
Burnt
Delicatessen
It's a Wonderful Afterlife
Eating Raoul
Babette's Feast
Spanglish
Big Night
Dinner Rush

You kids talking about Patton Oswalt? His daughter loves MLP, he probably took the job for her.

I've never heard of it.

>> it's basically him being a lazy fuck and doing stuff the easiest way possible
Doesn't sound very appealing.

Falling asleep to a movie isn't exactly a good recommendation in my opinion.

>tampopo

this, easily.

or
>la grande bouffe.

Ratatoille deserves a honourable mention though.

I really like his book - though it's more of a coffee table/bathroom read rather that something to actually cook from. The documentary was just "okay".

>Being a voice actor and voicing for a child's cartoon (A.K.A. literallly doing your job) means selling out to the autists sperging on the internet about said show.

Not even a ponyautist but seriously you need to chill about that shit. They're contained on their board and honestly they don't even annoy me anymore because as soon as they get out of their shithole their ponyposting gets deleted.

Oh hey, its the cop from Cube

I have always had a primal urge for those chicken dumplings or whatever those yellowish things near the giant fish are.

They look delicous

Bossy Burger

no plebs allowed

youtube.com/watch?v=eMGU29HW89k

I think I've seen this 5 or 6 times

Eat Drink Man Woman

youtube.com/watch?v=fZoH4bUL5vc

youtube.com/watch?v=k5KMplmtFmM

The Manchurian Candidate

ratatouille really is the one to beat desu

i dont care what the contrarians on 4chin say

It is a light and fun way of showing the wide range of food and the complex nature of a kitchen

That is one of the stupidest, most inane, simpering, pathetic piece of shit excuse of a film I have ever watched.
And yet I loved every second of it.

he'd like to have you for dinner.

There are lots of favorites but I don't think any really embody Veeky Forums as much as La Grande Bouffe which is what we were talking about.

no but it looks fancy though

Explain again how La Grande Boufee embodies Veeky Forums more than Tampopo (which has historically been considered the official film of Veeky Forums) - a weeb film primarily about ramen, but more generally about food autism in it's various forms?

see It pretty much ticks off all the boxes for Veeky Forums posters as opposed to Tampopo which, while a decent film, is mostly just weebish and food related and doesn't really represent Veeky Forums for what it really is.

You've got a failed chef, a faggy guy tired of life, an impotent, and an autist who screws his childhood nanny because she wont let him fuck anyone else all of whom are tired of life and want to kill themselves. They are all wannabe hedonistic epicureans and decide the best way to kill themselves is to eat themselves to death and buy a bunch of whores along the way. One dude even gets fed while simultaneously being jacked off until he dies. The last one dies from diabetes after eating titty cake.

How is that not Veeky Forums? Having been here since late 06 and having seen most every food related film out there I can't think of any other that embodies Veeky Forums more so.

movie was fucking trash, the book was just ok

His personality kind of makes it. A lot of critics hate him cuz he bypasses a lot of traditional/proper ways of cooking but the food he makes is so damn good they can't complain

Ratatoing is better.

>La grande bouffe
Fuck yeah, based Marco Ferreri

Bumping for any more film recommendations anyone would like to give.

Eating Raoul

>911

Those digits are fitting. This is candy terrorism.

underrated. really funny

Pretty much

my nigger, was about to post this.

The Trip
youtube.com/watch?v=nGRVw8Fc4HM

I feel like once you get past the surprise of the racemixing, this would be pretty rad

Absolutely dude. Love the broken lizard guys

Not now, Smoothskin

I'm surprised Burnt hasn't been mentioned several times.
That got me into sous vide.

Big Night's great. love that timpano