Al/ck/ general

Hiding it from your family during the holidays edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJJ4lI631Ng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

does anyone have substance abuse issues with anything else?
mine is most definitely cocaine

I get them drunk and am the least hungover in the morning so I give them shit about how much they drank.

You damn alcoholics are so fucking pathetic. What the hell is wrong with you. Stop drinking or else it will continue to adversely affect literally everything about your life. Unless of course you just don't care at all. In that case, just blow your brains out.

I'd need to talk to people to have access to illegal substances si no

Alcohol. Just but 1.75 L of vodka for $10.

Drank half of it.

Just how poorly does alcohol (in very small amounts) interact with drugs like Valium and Prozac?

>Very small amounts
Subjective

Also it depends on the individual. Similar to how some people can slam 21 shots and remember everything and others die after 10 shots.

>Prozac
Doesn't really.
>benzos
Avoid.

I'm running out of money, what's the cheapest shit I can buy that isn't grain alcohol?

i've finally got my drinking under control
only once or twice a week now instead of blackout every single night

dropped a few pounds too

it's alright

i really don't want to end up like my mom

Do you like seizures?

you will have larger memory gaps than normal, you can forget hours and hours

very unsafe

If we don't care is it okay if we just continue to drink instead. I'm not going to kill myself. That makes you incorrect. Also, if I do care I will continue to drink too. Us alkis are the ones that get in your face at social events. We grab at your wife's tits and ass our sloppy drunk hands going INSIDE her while you are blabbing on about "Going to be a good financial quarter this year blah blah blah"

Nothing you can do about it, cunt. ;^)

Guys, I think I need help.
Not a heavy al/ck/ but for the past months I noticed that drinking gives me insomnia. No matter how drunk I am when I go to sleep, I always wake up around 5am and my mind is just buzzing with thoughts (mostly horrible images I've seen on the internet and deep, personal fears) and I can't fall asleep for another 2 hours or so.
Should I an hero to get rid of these thoughts and images?
Giving up alcohol is not an option because I'm not a quitter.

that's your body fighting the damage
goes into full fight-or-flight mode
drink less

No but whenever I try to drink less I drink caffeinated drinks all day and gamble a lot.

I became a bartender so that when I go on way-too-intricate-and-specific rants about alcohol I sound like a professional rather than an alcoholic. I think it's working so far.

I'd rather slowly and painfully kill myself over a period of years and have fun while doing it, thanks.

Not an alcohol, but figured I would ask you guys. Whenever I drink and then go to sleep I always end up sleeping only a few hours and waking up earlier than normal and expected, around 7 to 8 in the morning. It's almost impossible for me to sleep again after awaking. I tried asking my friends if they too wake up early, but they all claim to sleep like babies and wake up in the afternoon.
Why am I like this

The olidays are the only time I actually don't drink heavily. I'll have a beer or two while socializing and wine with dinner. I like the chitchat so I try to keep a clear head. Used to be I'd just get so drunk I was too hungover to attend, but I stopped doing that as my parents got older. Never know which year will be the last!

Drinkers dawn. Do you also piss or shit right after waking? Your body is just trying to get rid of the poison. You probably need to hydrate better at the end of the night

Well, boys, I think I'm over the hump. Been sober for 4 days now and I don't think I'm going back again. I've done it too many times and I can't risk any more weird shit happening to my heart.

Godspeed, guys.

Mall drinker here

Kill me.

Fifth day here but I'm going straight back soon desu

youre the guy that said hed go to a mall bathroom on the way home to get drunk in a stall?

Yeah, I often really have to pee when waking up. But I've made it a habit to drink a shitton of water before going to sleep, I chug aound 2 liters of water, so I should be hydrated

brew your own cider

wish i had done it when i was drinking, woulda saved a lot of money

you dont get the same kind of rem sleep when u have alc in your system, also you usually need to pee which will wake you up

i quit on june 3rd 2015. feelsgoodman.

I quit for 5 days couple weeks back, then I told myself well it's Saturday ive earned a drink have drank everyday since... feels good to be controlled by this shit

What's the best unflavored vodka that doesn't have any ethanol taste? I've been thinking of picking up either Russian Standard or Luksusowa.

belvedere or grey goose are the mildest ive had

any vodka that isn't smirnoff

the $10/handle bottles taste exactly the same as greygoose or any other "top shelf" vodkas if you use ice

don't let them fool you

Alri lads time to be sober
Wish me luck

Godspeed.

I just got out of a two day hospital stay after drinking so much I had a bit of a mental breakdown. All I want is a drink, but it's time to stop. Wish me luck.

>sober for two months due to promising but backbreaking job so I don't even have the time to drink
>New building was shut down and we were all laid off out of the blue

Merry Christmas, guys!

I'll rub one out for good luck to ya. Tee-hee

why do we start at the start of the holidays

Because I don't want my family to see me a drunken mess, and it's just time.

Either stop being broke or stop being a bitch. You cant have it both way.

Whenever I stop drinking my amphetamine use goes through the roof.

Where have you been getting drunk since you got kicked out of the mall?

25 days in and feeling pretty good. Riding out the rest of the year on a high note, not fucked up drunk.

I'm not going to christmas this year because I'm withdrawing from 750ml-1L of whiskey a day to only a few shots in past day......ill probably die of DT's

Everything. My friends and I like to make a little mix called Browning Hi Powder. Opiate, blow, amphetamine, benzo, maybe a little muscle relaxant, even a dash of molly. Gets you where you need to go.

Fine in the right amounts. Just don't be stupid with it.

Got this at someone on here's suggestion. You guys better not let me down.

Coke Zero.

How long had you been drinking at that level? Why aren't you going to a hospital?

Same. I go through almost a 2 liter a day. Had to replace my alcohol with drinking something else.

>How long had you been drinking at that level? Why aren't you going to a hospital?

5 Years except I got sober two weeks last christmas while in rehab....

Right now, im deciding between another rehab stent or suicide or just letting the alcohol take its course

im a former alcohol maniac who cut down to like a handle on the weekend every few weeks, but my new years thing is to quit all tobacco and it was hard as fugg so i've been sipping on a handle of canadian club all day, augh yeah folks so comfy i dont even want to dip or smoke now. so comfy folks, so comfy :D

What's your health situation like, and how old are you?

>What's your health situation like, and how old are you?

32, went from Iron Man competitor to obese (32 bmi), Liver disease, Kidney disease, Congestive Heart Failure in just 6 years from all the drinking.....on a good day, my blood pressure is 185/110

Looks like a baby is shooting him. Or a dog maybe.

>185/110
Jesus christ how are you not exploding

>hiding it
Nerd
I'm drinking as I speak/type/wank.
... still need to make the gifts for my mum and dad too... fuck.

Good luck, wanker.

Thanks goy

merry christmas

I'm drunk and high as shit and have to hide it from my family. Family knows I've had a few beers but they don't know How much vodka I've had along with that. And then my sister offers weed and we get high as shit
Jesus

>tfw you're going to have to spend this entire miserable day away from your family and with unfamiliar people for the first Christmas ever
>basically a third wheel
>no booze at all
>barely texting GF back because you're miserable and don't want to ruin her Christmas with her family that she doesn't get to see often
>probably making her feel shit because she wants to hear from me
>can't muster up the energy to pretend to be happy
I used to love the holidays. Where did it all go.

Trying to quit booze around the Holidays could not be more retarded.

Haven't been to dr in years

Back pains

Get horrible stomach pains from drinking now

Cant stop

Im hoping to be dead by this time next year

YesIn a mcdonalds bathroom

Im out and pretty desperate today, may have some listerine

I gotta take a dump. Everything hurts.

Nigga you fucked

drank half a handle of canadian mist last night, woke up and had christmas dinner with my mom, and i feel like shit. I don't think i've ever had anxiety this bad before in my fucking life. I'm gonna try to hang on till the sun goes down and take a shot or two try try to keep the monsters from eating me. drinking is so fucking retarded. but it's the only thing that makes me feel like im an actual human being. oh well, now that i've written this shit I feel a bit better. merry christmas, folks.

Fellas, I did it. I made it through Christmas without drinking. I'd say I'm proud of myself, but fuck do I ever want to reward myself with a drink. I guess the ride isn't over yet.

This. These degenerates will be the first to hang on the DOTR

Who here is drunk on the ttc ayyyy

>all liquor stores are closed cause it's christmas day
normiest of holidays tbqh

Yo are there any good review sites or channels for alcohol? Thinking of diving further into the hole

>tfw when got out of work early enough to hit the store 40 minutes before close

Depends on the booze, what are you into?

Liqueurs and all that, I like mixing drinks for friends at parties but I'm never sure what good brands might be

>Giving up alcohol is not an option because I'm not a quitter.

i like you

Drunk third day in a row, managed to cook the Turkey and help with lunch, didn't sleep much at all though.

I also bought that one on advice from this thread. Its great, not dissapointed!

Hanging in there today still? Be careful drinking in the McD's bathroom man, feel like you could easily get caught there like what happened with the mall bathroom.

New drinker, can anyone recommend me some bourbon? I've only had vodka, wine, and beer so far

Hanging in there m8.

I made it 24hours. Can hardly stand, throwing up over the side of my bed, but much better.

stolichnaya

oddly listening to this

youtube.com/watch?v=fJJ4lI631Ng

no more after today, no more

hallucinations set in yet? or has it just been mostly sickness? Hang in there man and don't be afraid to go to the hospital if it starts getting too bad. are you there alone?

Yes.

>Never know which year will be the last!
It's this one!

>come in to lab
>realize I don't know what to do about a particular step in a protocol
>email my boss and go out for an aperatif, a double gin and a glass of white wine
>come back 2 hours later
>my boss is right there
>"Oh hey user I see you had a question for me"

Shit, I hope he didn't notice. I had chipotle after the drinks so hopefully my breath didn't reek of liquor.

Get to rehab while you have a place to sleep, man. I spent last year in a car (in ohio) because I wouldn't quit drinking even after I lost my job. Managed to keep up my drinking for two months while in the car, had a place to park where I could wake up at two in the afternoon fucked and still not get bothered.

The point being to get help, you know you need it, so get it. We'd rather you not die

Buffalo trace.

welp was feeling really good today after hitting the gym earlier, went and picked up a 40 of rye
nights are 2spooky without sustenance

I got people with me. Oddly enough, im alright. Still kinda jittery and the thirst is insane. Sometimes I have to run my mouth under the coldest water I can findI dont wanna die m8. Ive been to detox twice and I hated it. Im sober today. Fuck today I cleaned up and had 39 375 mls of vodka down the side of my bed alone

Will post back tomorrow anons

you can do it user
do the people with you know about your current predicament?

we can all do it anons
even if you're like me and relapse all you have to do is keep at it!
i believe in you!

>tfw alcohol makes me a slightly less shitty person
>tfw it's easier to wake up after an evening of moderate to heavy drinking
>tfw dad ruined his life with alcohol and I inherited his addiction/depression genes
Thank God for weed, else I'd be an alcoholic.

>Christmas in Bongland
>all the paki shops are still open because they don't celebrate Christmas as much as we do
Feels good man

Hey man just wanted to drop by and wish you well. Keep at it and don't drink today.

I didnt m8! Had a MASSIVE panic attack though. Thought I was going to collapse. Ears started ringing at first, then my heart started racing, eventually my arms and legs were shaking SO badly.. like jello, thought I was gonna fall over. Hands, feet clenching. I kept saying over and over in my head 39 bottles 39 bottles.

Day started out great, it happened over like 4 hours, now im fine.

I think my ride is over boys.

I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there. It's so devastating to see and know how much you've been consuming...I used to hide empties and when I think back on it, it makes me feel so bad about it. But keep pushing forward man it's gonna get better each day that you aren't drinking, I promise you that. How did you manage to get past the panic attack?

Xanax and Oxcodone. But definitely Xanax

I don't usually smoke, but I smoke a lot when I drink, and I've just come to accept it. Maybe one sober on a cold/extra stressful day, too. Where does one get cocaine in [spoiler]Paris?[/spoiler]

Is there anything that doesn't smell/look like alcohol that I can bring to places without anyone noticing? Should I get something like a health smoothie and just drop in a shot of vodka?

sigh.

Former blazing alchy here - vodka is going to be your best bet in terms of hiding the smell. But I have to warn you, if you have even a few shots, it's kinda hard to hide the smell on you. It does tend to stay on your breath, as well as your body/sweat. You are going to sweat a little more once you've been drinking, and it does tend to come through in that way.

Did you have specifics? Family function? Work? I would highly recommend against drinking at work - it's a horrible fucking habit and it's not worth the risk.