Whis/ck/(e)y: hello malty mildew messes!

old thread: Sierra Leone's finest edition

Other urls found in this thread:

abreureport.com/2014/01/the-finest-cheapest-whisky-from-sierra.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=JrwW7qGrq5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still refuse to believe this exists.

Why? No one knows how to party like Sierra Leone

The registered mark next to Armaan's fucking kills me

comparable to jim beam white label

>best before date

That's interesting

Further reading: abreureport.com/2014/01/the-finest-cheapest-whisky-from-sierra.html?m=1

m8 jim beam white is decent for the price, moreso than JD at least

I wish this was sold in America I'd like to have some.

>best before dec. 2012
I dread to think.

shitty whiskey is better cause it tastes so terrible you don't want to drink too much of it, thus ensuring you won't get too drunk

your metric for "better" is all kinds of fucked lad

No. No you wouldn't.

the only reason to drink is to get drunk

Alright guys, I'm the poorfag from last thread who was asking about peated whisky. Talisker was too expensive and Caol Isla isn't available where I am. I'm thinking of getting a bottle of Black Grouse for Christmas. Is it worth it?

So what's gonna be your Christmas Eve Whisky expenditure anons?
Sadly for me I won't be buying another bottle until I get my Christmas and Birthday money so I'll probably have some of this, whatever I have left of my Stagg Jr. and some Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.
If your a fucking normalfag sure
Which country are you from? If you want a decently affordable experience with peat get Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
Personally Black Grouse is kinda overrated, if you want a starter peat blend get Teacher's.

My best mate got me a bottle of Glengoyne 14 for christmas, so I'll probably see it in with a couple of fingers of that. Good stuff.

Might polish off the rest of my elijah craig 12 while I'm at it.

>That color

Is this basically petrol?

Excellent choices. My dad is getting some EJ12 tomorrow as well so I'll be drinking that with him

I found that Elijah wasn't so great when I first cracked open the bottle. After opening it and not touching it for about a month though, it really mellowed and improved.

I hope you and your dad enjoy it though. Merry Christmas to you both.

Thanks m8 same to you as well!

petrol isn't yellow

In the US it is.

thread name looks like regex

The only whiskey I bought and couldn't finish, jesus christ that's awful. I've gotten through fifths costing half of that too

open the picture and look closely

How long does it take to "acquire the taste" of alcohol ?
I've got a bottle of basic Jameson in my cellar and I read it's supposed to be smooth and fruity but it has the same tongue burning alcohol taste as gin or rum.

got this from my bff for christmas

just drink more fgt

>5L jug
why cant i find these in america
I can buy 2L of goddamn salsa but alcohol stops at 1.75

A Johnnie Walker knock-off? Man that's low.

not very popular

>can't buy 5L jugs in 'murrica

The land of freedom everybody!

overrated as fuck, just keep it as decoration with other bottles

I'm from BC, Canada. Teacher's is what I started off with, almost through my 2nd bottle now. Black grouse is only $10 more so I thought I might try it. In contrast, Laphroaig 10 costs more than triple compared to a bottle of Teacher's.

It only tastes bad for the first hour or 2, then it's ok enough to drink when it alcohol kicks in.

>it
*the

>Grey Goose
Disgusting.

>$400
Obviously a novelty item.

What fucking country dollars is this in?

monopoly

>Translates to about $300 American
>That much Grey Goose would cost about $180 here
>mfw

Man, fuck your country.

Don't drink it if you don't enjoy it, but the alcohol taste becomes less noticable over time and you start to taste the other flavours. It's an acquired taste in the truest sense.

If I were you, I'd start with wine, since you get acclimated to that pretty quickly. Then work your way into spirits.

I drank wine before I drank whisky, or rum, or gin, because they're much stronger and much harsher at first.

Gotta pay for that "free" healthcare somehow.

Ausfag who just got pic related for xmas, one of if not my favorite scotch so far.
Also getting some free glencairn whisky glasses in a couple days im excited, going scotch shopping on boxing day tomorrow.

>free glencairn whisky glass
How? A present or actual freebie? I'm from the same country.

No its not. That looks at best the color of transmission fluid.

2 free glasses actually, unused.
Gf's relative happens to be rich as fuck and just got (insert brand name designer glass) crystal glass set and offered them to me, will be a step up from the gentleman jack gift box glasses i use kek

That was my first "out-of-the-ordinary" Scotch purchase and I fucking loved it. A couple drops of water go a long way in that. I will now buy anything thats "Port barrel aged."

Very nice!
I got one of these bad boys from my parents.

Drinking pic related.
Merry christmas whis/ck/(e)y.

>Not drinking whiskey made in TWO CONTINENTS

Merry Christmas, lads.

The grilfriend got me a nice bottle to help me forget the family circus.

just finishing a bottle of this, thought it would be pretty harsh but I was pleasantly surprised, cheers user

my sister and her boyfriend got me suntory hibiki harmony and a 1.75 of glenfiddich 12 . Haven't had either so here's hoping I like them.
girlfriend got me a monogrammed Glencairn glass

>listening to my dad and uncle talk about how johnnie walker black and kirkland brand blended scotch are better than any islay whiskeys

I know that feel bro
>listening to my dad adamantly refusing to try and shamelessly running down any of the assorted islay, speyside and highland malts I brought over purely because my scottish uncle once hurt his feelings at a barbecue

>once hurt his feelings at a barbecue

Christ, do non-females really hold onto petty grudges like this? That's some weak ass shit for a man right there.

There's this guy that posts here every so often that shitposts about Vietnamese food and says it's the worst, but only does it because a Vietnamese girl turned him down.

He's one of those super-stern "brook no insult" types who will literally never forgive an insult unless they come crawling to him in apology on their hands and knees.

>not drinking black labial

Enjoy lad
It's one of the best malts around especially for the price
Just polished off some Machrie Moor and the 18yo Arran which were excellent
Starting on a Sienna Macallan tomorrow

Just opened it with family to try tonight. Its very light and delicate, almost feels like a mix between a Lowland like Auchentoshan and a lighter Highland like Dalwhinnie or Aberfeldy but much more composed and much more refined. I really want to try the 18 but I cant get it in Canada.
Also is the Sienna a gift? I hear bad things about that series of Macallan. If you have it open and available to you Id say trade it in and get Macallan CS instead.

I was gifted a bottled of Talisker that tastes like burning seawater, is this normal?

Yep. Welcome to islay.

who /peat/ here?
post your favorites!

Ralfy's whisky of the year 2016 is Ardbeg 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrwW7qGrq5k

just saw it, Ardbeg Ten is always a solid choice.
Can't wait to try an Ardbeg Supernova one day.

> Black Booster
Literally the Laphroig of Sierra Leone

Its a lot worse than Teachers. You wont get anything better than the good old T if youre not willing to pay at least $20 more.

Got myself a Balvenie Double Cask 12 for a self xmas present. Haven't opened yet but im excited.

Whiskey is for stupid posers. It tastes like shit, boys, time to pack up your fedoras and go home.

I'm sure there's a thread willing to discuss natty ice out there where you'll feel way more at home lad

I doubt even Russians would drink this

Black Grouse is a decent blend, I've never heard anybody say anything better, how is that overratting?

Probably better than Johnnie Walker red...

It's a little over-rated obviously, since it's the best selling single malt in the world, but it's still a bloody good whisky.

ikr

Whiskey?

Talisker is island though.
Personally I don't quite agree but for widely available whisky its top 10 easy.
Its too much buck for the quality I find.
No whisky.

To be fair vietnamese food isn't anything to shout home about.

I like it but I really only know the basic pop stuff like pho and bhan mi, both of which are very good and cheap here in Seattle.

Laphroaig 10, it's popular for a reason

anybody else drink this swill?

>Whiskey in a plastic tub

wtf kind of flyover trailer park bullshit is this?

It's African ya dummy

Not since I gave up cocaine

Dirty Bird and Rebel Yell. God damn I miss being at El Cid.

Hunter Thompson, is that you?

No, just some other degenerate

> lathroig
Ew. Its popular because its babbys first meme peat whiskey

>this faggot again

>Personally I don't quite agree but for widely available whisky its top 10 easy.

Could you share with us your top 10 widely available whiskies ? Also this is now a top 5 widely available whiskies.

Ardber 10
Lagavulin 16
Springbank 10
Lafroog 10
Aberlour 12

good choice mate, did you have a chance to taste the quarter cask yet?

The 5 I always try to keep in stock are
>laphroaig 10
>balvenie 12
>buffalo trace
>elijah craig 12
>jim beam white for shameless moments of weakness where I want to drink an entire bottle of something

>laphroig 10
Why? Get the better ones or dont even bother
Or better yet, buy some Grants and leave a ciggarette butt in it overnight

Wala, you have homemade laphmeme

Not even worth a (You)

I've had other peaty whiskys like Highland Park, Lagavulin, and Ardbeg and honestly I go back to Laphroaig every time.

No but I'll see if I can find some

this is very solid bourbon, it surprised me too

>Hunter Thompson
>giving up cocaine
>ever
If anything he went off the Crow when he started doing coke.