Why is mayonnaise considered disgusting by many?

Why is mayonnaise considered disgusting by many?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/10/two-minute-mayonnaise.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Many people are dumb.

mayonnaise is ok, but it gotta have a purpose, you can't just put it in everything you cook. it's the fat fucks eating it by the spoonful who give it that reputation.

also why is it associated with white people?

This. It is a great vehicle for flavor. I normally mix in stadium mustard, carmelized onions, a little hot sauce, and some soft herbs like basil or oregano. But all of that depends on my meat, bread and veggie choices. Also put sauerkraut on your next sandwich

>the fat fucks eating it by the spoonful

Except nobody actually does that. In all likelyhood the people who think mayo is gross are slathering everything in ranch without realizing that it's 50% mayo - once again, dumb people who don't even know what's in their food, or where it comes from, to begin with.

because most vegetable oils are fucking inherently disgusting

make it with coconut oil or butter, or just dont do it at all

then it will taste like fucking coconut, and coconut tastes like shit

use deoderized coconut oil you fucking newfag

I don't like it because I accidentally dumped a container of it on my head when I was a child and now the smell and look make me want to gag.

Plus just why on earth would I want to eat egg whites mixed with fat. I've probably unwittingly eaten something that's used it as a base but I don't mind that since the gross features are hidden

Most mayo is made with neutral oils to begin with, and the little bit of variations in flavor comes from the seasonings added; making it with (deoderized [sic]) coconut oil is just a way to pay more for the exact same thing while buying into an unhealthy fad.

>it's a salad recipe
>"and now for a few heaping spoonfuls of mayo"

>would I want to eat egg whites mixed with fat.
>egg whites mixed with fat
>egg whites
>whites

you dun goofed

pufas are inherently disgusting, deal with it

you are buying into a 60-year long deadly food fad that is at last finally beginning to die

>eat egg whites

See >once again, dumb people who don't even know what's in their food

It could be nut

My mistake I always forget which one since it's not really relevant to anything I cook

Enjoy the superiority you get while guzzling semen I guess

>one of the basic sauces that serves as the foundation for 1000s of recipes

>not relevant to anything I cook

pick one

I actively go out of my way not to use anything if I know it's mayo based. Like I said I've probably unwittingly eaten it at a restaurant or something before but I do not use it.

>doesn't cook anything using a lecithin based emulsion
>thinks he's the super to anyone else on the food and cooking board because of it

I'm not superior to anyone, just to you.

When you no longer have anything food or cooking related to say, it's time to stop posting.

With awareness like this I bet you pour your milk first.

>gets called out
>resorts to meme shitposting

Typical.

Superiority doesn't mean I'm above making you look like the fool you are.

ITS A MOSTLY FLAVOURLESS OIL AND EGG EMULSION THAT ONLY DELIVERS FAT AND EXTRA CALORIES. IF THE GOAL IS EXTRA MOISTURE ALMOST ANY OTHER SAUCE WILL DO A BETTER JOB I.E. MUSTARD AND/OR OIL AND VINEGAR.

It calorie dense, being mostly made of fat. Its about 80% soybean oil, by weight. So an ounce of mayonnaise and an ounce of butter have about the same amount of calories.
This means people with no sense of portion control WILL get super fat by including it. Its one of those condiments you are supposed to use sparingly, spread thin, and use seldom. But, you see fatasses putting gobs of it on all sorts of things, and that gives it the negative image. Its not bad at all, just remember you are among obese pimple covered neckbeards with low self confidence and low health levels. Some of these faggots will cheerlead for it, and others are disgusted with themselves so much they have to criticize it. But in reality nearly everyone loves mayonnaise when its used properly.

for me, its a martins big martys sesame seed hamburger roll smeared with hellmanns

my mayonnaise doesn't say REAL on it
should I be worried?

I'd be more concerned if it did say "real." It's one of those meaningless superlatives marketing puts on products hoping you'll be fooled into not checking the ingredient list.

Because they're dumb.

There are definitions of what things are, dumbass. Do you know how language works?
I want to know if a product is real or not. Mayonnaise by definition has certain ingredients in certain minimum quantities, or else you cant call it that. Like "Miracle Whip" has to be called a salad dressing, or spread, but you cant call it mayonnaise because its not. And checking the ingredient list is not enough, because the quantities of each are never listed. Miracle Whip fall short of the percent quantity of oil required to be "real" and that "Just Mayo" lacks eggs, so it too can not be called "real". Those are fakes, they are imitations.
Now, do you fucking understand? Retard.

cause its yucky.

"Real" has no FDA definition. Hence, it can be applied on any food product label without negative repurcussions or consequences in the land of corporate freedom. Break out of your millenial incubation suit and view the world like a thinking adult.

Mayonnaise/aioli is amazing. I didn't like mayo when I was young. Thought it was just fat in a jar with no other use besides being something to turn my nose up at. Eventually, I figured out that it does have it's uses and stopped being a gigantic faggot that just turns his nose up at preconceived notions. If you find it yucky because "eww mayo gross lmao" I hope you die in a house fire.

Because black people have hot sauce and yellow people have soy sauce.

"Natural" is also not a term recognized by the FDA. Bullshit in labeling for the bullshit that is marketing.

You mean people actually eat mayo by the spoonful?

Bread mayonnaise and bananas with a little bit of peanut butter do you work

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I've never understood why so many people straight up think it's disgusting, there's nothing offensive about it to me.

It's not as good as mustard, but it kicks the living shit out of ketchup,and it's great for tuna/potato salad.

>Except nobody actually does that

There is that one picture of that fat woman sitting on a bus eating mayo out of the jar with a spoon. It's freakish, but apparently they do actually exist.

some people eat feces too. and some people eat nails. they're all sideshow freaks.

I saw a southern white trash fatass on a walmart scooter 2 days ago eating a jar of it. I didn't have my phone on me or I would have snapped it.

You actually did have a phone. In fact you were looking at a picture of that very man on your very phone while browsing the internet at the time.

It was a woman as far as I could tell, not a man. And it was IRL.

Mayo by itself is disgusting. However, used properly it is divine. Ham sandwich without mayo is really sad.

nignogs needs something to latch on to outside of government assistance

I honestly don't like the Supermarket mayo like Hellman's/Best Foods. I don't know if this feeling dates back to when I was a child picky eater and wouldn't eat anything that wasn't Plain or if I just don't like the Soybean Oil but I think it tastes old and stale.

I like properly made Mayo especially with Olive Oil. This recipe is a bit of a cheat (uses Whole Egg instead of Egg Yolk) but I love it. It's just so easy to do.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/10/two-minute-mayonnaise.html

>vehicle for flavor
>stadium mustard
>soft herb
you are a faggot

Because they've never tasted Duke's.

Don't Texans and Southerners in general say the same thing about semen?

No, that sounds like a Cali thing.

I had a really tall, really fat friend who would eat spoonfuls of tub margarine with his dinner.
What boggles my mind is that he hasn't had any health issues. (yet)

Cheap ingredients along with loaded preservatives

Go with homemade everytime

Mostly flavorless? It's definitely got a good flavor to it.

>white bois can't coo-

Because mayonnaise from the store has a very disgusting texture and no fresh taste whatsoever

Becuuz we inventid penut buttah n shieet

Because it's fucking raw egg mixed with oil, eaten cold, has a disgusting consistency and smells awful.

I never liked the texture, too gelatinous
Then I tried pic related and now I love mayo

Is that better or worse than this lady from my hometown?

Idiot

Name one food where raw egg whites are served

This is repulsive and sad. That woman should be exterminated.

Because it's gross

>he doesn't dip his chips/fries in mayo

>name one raw egg white food

Blanco de huevos frescas sobre maiz. A rather tasty dish from the zapotec region of mexico.

Im embarrassed by this pathetic naco

Please forgive the absolute level of ignorance fine sir ... He was born this way

Who the fuck cares what other people think, it has its uses.

>Ranch is 50% mayo
Dumbest thing i've heard this year. All of 2016

Sorry buddy.

I started buying this stuff, at first because it was really cheap. And now I keep buying it because I actually love it.
It is very, very thick, and is made with lime juice... who would have thought Mexicans would make mayonnaise better?

Roody Poos use Miracle Whip. They otherwise have no reason to dislike Mayo.

>ranch eaters btfo

I think it's because they put too much on

Why did you write mayonnaise/aioli? They are not the same thing and the words are not interchangeable

>the words are not interchangeable

In the context of the thread they kind of are.

mayonnaise has the best flavor/moisture ratio. Those other options are either too strong or too watery.

Who the fuck doesn't use whole egg mayo?

>who the fuck doesn't use whole egg mayo

Most people.

The people who watch people in buses eat it straight out of the jar.

i love to eat nuggies with a huge scoop of mayo and sweet chilli sauce

This.
Add a little dill relish and it's amazing.

Oh shit this is from spokane, why am i not surprised

mayo with lime juice is ok, mayo with vinegar is gross

>mayo with vinegar is gross

Pleb confirmed.

don't be an asshole.

how do you talk to stupid people about acidity?

mayo is just thick oil. I've never looked at something I was eating and thought "this would be a lot better with soybean oil spread on it." if I want to make a sauce for a sandwich or something I'd rather use sour cream or yogurt.

Mayo is just a treacherous substance, it is okay in small quantities but I hate that we live in a society where it is smothered on everything and get that oily slimy taste in your mouth

imho would feed to dog.

it's nasty on it's own or if you put too much of it in with other stuff

but when you mix it with something like tuna it's fine