Xmas eve

So what are you co/ck/suckers doing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EWLt6G85zC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Working 8(

=(

Picked up a dark meat bucket of KFC and going to clear out the DVR.

Baking special cookies for my son to leave for Santa

Mise en place in action

Waiting on my friend to get back from a Mexican place. I asked him to get me a chicken quesadilla. Too lazy to cook atm.

Cooking. Made gallon and a pint of eggnog. Prepped peanut butter bonbons for dipping, prepped chocolate chip cookie dough, cooked ginger snaps, and just put the fuhrer cake in the oven. Next is dipping while baking cookies after the cake is done.

It feels good to be wanted for cooking capability with your family, even in-laws. Baking especially.

Have a 16lbs turkey thawing in a stockpot of cold water as I type.

Gonna make mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and fresh peas to go with it. Also baking some fresh cookies.

building MTG decks with my GF until about an hour from now and then off to her parents house for dinner

First I make a roux

Nice, i just made an op elves deck

Baking a few batches of Christmas cookies!

If you don't truss that thing, you are totally dropped. Truss it now!

Unnecessary

Dropped.

>even cooking is unnecessary

youtube.com/watch?v=EWLt6G85zC4

In some cases, yes.

Spent the day with family, going to go sledding tomorrow with friends

just got off of work, about 12:30 local time. not nearly as late as I was ready to be in there. my weird drunk ma is at my house. When I came in the front door, I could smell her weird drunk mom stench way from wherever she was sleeping. She smells like onions and ham. I really hate that smell but I only fuck with her like twice a year so it is what it is. She bought a bunch of shit to cook tomorrow on her foodstamp card because she is chronically unemployed and is really bucked about having a dinner, but I just want to drink. She has bad reactions about damn near everything because she drinks so much. She can't eat red meat, raw vegetables, wheat, oats, barley, hot food, seafood, the list goes on, but that doesnt stop her. the only thing she adheres by is a gluten free diet. so she'll gaze wistfully at my while i uncomfortably eat a piece of toast and then make herself sick as a dog after drinking eight pints of malt liquor and eating a box of fried chicken livers. I have a fifth of sobieski, two bottles of cheap champagne, two bottles of cheap red table wine, a six pack of memeling. I am finishing a pint of Luksusowa right now. Tomorrow, at some point if can reach an acceptable dinner hour in decent tact, I'll pan fry these drum filets dredged in rice flower with citrus (orange and grapefruit) butter and she wants to make this oyster and mushroom soup she makes for every holiday dinner I do not eat. I'll have some tomorrow. I wonder if it is good. She says it is good, but I don't like her cooking. I can look toward to spending christmas sitting in my kitchen wearing this stupid-looking seal hoodie my ex-girlfriend mailed to me drunk as shit listening to my mom turning herself inside out like a gym sock over the toilet through these thick plaster walls

Cooking a dinner for one. -_-

I'm not having the kind of Christmas I thought I'll be having by the time I'm 30 - married, enjoying a Christmas bonus from a good career, watching my small children open presents - but I have to count my blessings nonetheless. I ended up in the homeless shelter after a mental breakdown that saw my GPA plummet from 3.4 to 2.2, and before anyone say a 3.4 isn't a 4/4 to begin with, I had seven courses in a single semester, I was volunteering 2 hours every week, I was looking for my own field placement because of some snafu, and I started the school year with an 8am volunteering shift after working late nights for the last two weeks of summer at CNE - I really dun goofed overstacking my plate.

...but I've been really, really lucky. I had a competent doctor at campus who diagnosed the source of my repeated infections requiring antibiotics as an anxiety disorder (which KO my immune system), so I had academic accommodation. I spent last Christmas at a YWCA shelter, and this Christmas, my own rent control unit - it's ancient but yay it's rent controlled! (Nothing in Toronto built after the 90s is rent contrlled)

This Christmas I am caramelizing onions (cause being the holiday, Hydro has cheaper rates right now), panfried a piece of steak. Cook pasta as the main course. Have for desert, chilled thickened cream with raspberry jam.

p-pasta?

One of my friends died today and I'm alone drinking on the internet.

Going to heat up a frozen pot-pie maybe. Just got off work two hours ago.

My parents haven't made any effort to talk to me the last four months since I didn't get into the nursing program at my uni. Going to a different school's program in the spring though.

I think they're visiting my cousins for Christmas and leaving me home (like Thanksgiving). Luckily I can drown myself in work again tonight and forget about all this.

Loading my gun.

same tbqh

Beef bourguignon. Mom is spending all day doing it.

And here's the beef.

Christmas ham on Christmas day?

Blasphemy, but my family is doing it anyway.

also happy holidays, Veeky Forums :)

Noice

This is not one of them.

Oh dear, please don't tell me she'll use this wine.

Got a message from my dad telling me to get sober as a Christmas gift to everyone.

Threw out what was left of the vodka an hour ago.

Just took a shower, powdered my balls, and chugged a cup of coffee.

Today's a better day.

Merry Christmas, faggots.

Wine not?
HAHAHAHAHHAA

It's xmas day, I just woke up with crazy sinus congestion and a splitting headache. Of course I have to drive back to my house today from my mother's - a 5 hour drive - later on tonight.

Even with all that, it's still been a good Christmas. I just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow.

>less than 24 hours of not drinking is considered "getting sober"

Your dad sounds more like a dud

god speed, user

Do it to it to it my man. Make it through till new year's!

i have been bitching on Veeky Forums about my mom for years user especially around holidays.

Well i was going to have dinner at my aunts place, but she's got the flu, so the family's regrouping at my grandparents house. Not sure what they're making.

wish you the best user!

I'm sorry man, we're here if you want to talk about it

fuck off queer

Waiting for the bar to open so i can go get fucked up alone like a loser

Fuck you faggot, hes off to a good start

Best of luck, even if it's unlikely to work. You need a large network of support to pull away, or incredible willpower.

just found out i got molested more than i thought i did. i cooked her fish and soup tho

Absolute madman.